Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
If you think we are drafting Walker to play ahead Durdin and BMac, then your ******* dreaming. Slap yourself and wake the fu** up.

I agree with him.

I think Walker and Tarrant will play as the lock downs and Daw as the interceptor.

Durdin has been ok, but nothing spectacular, McKay definitely behind the other 4.

Walker was pushed out by an AA FB in a top 4 side.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
It's a bit hard to hear but Shawry mentions Walker is getting Wright's Number 19 in the video posted earlier if I'm not mistaken?

Might be a bit of an indication that the club rates him and he'll go straight into the senior side.

I really don't think there's any doubt is there?

He's a mature body that played significant game time in one of the better defences this year and his stats were good.

Will come down to pre-season performances, but my hunch is he's ahead of Durdin and McKay.

Daw picks himself if fit as the relief ruck and Tarrant is obvious.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will come down to pre-season performances, but my hunch is he's ahead of Durdin and McKay.

I think the general assumption has been that Durdin and Mckay should be in seniors, but I don't see it personally. These two are still a ways off, Durdin's more ahead of McKay but that ain't saying much.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Happy with the selection for depth/pressure to perform, but what has Durdin done/not done to not be considered first in line ahead of McKay and Walker? Had a very solid year, coming from a long way back.

And let’s not forget Walker got delisted. And don’t five me that crap about Harris Andrews. Teams play more than one key back.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Happy with the selection for depth/pressure to perform, but what has Durdin done/not done to not be considered first in line ahead of McKay and Walker? Had a very solid year, coming from a long way back.

And let’s not forget Walker got delisted. And don’t five me that crap about Harris Andrews. Teams play more than one key back.

I don't think Durds in necessarily behind Walker, or more importantly the club sees it that way. I can now say openly that we got Walker as insurance. We lost Thommo, EVW has gone down again and Maj is on the recovery trail and as promising as he's looking he is no certainty to regain his form, it's an unknown.

McKay isn't rated highly at this stage and yes he could turn it around, has time on his side. Let's all not over think what to me looks like a solid plan

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
giphy (1).gif

giphy (2).gif

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Whats the issue? That there is competition for spots? Or that people think an older more mature KPD who has played some good footy in his career could play round 1 ahead of a developing kid who hasnt played as much or as good?

Edit - and for the record I am a massive wrap for Durdin. Walker is a great pick up, win win win

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
i suspect the new draftees would be doing the afl media modules, oriantation and all the other stuff you have to do before actually hitting the track.
Would have thought that could wait. If I was a new draftee I'd want to get down to the club and meet the new family ASAP, just as Walker did.

Back