Toast Welcome to Hawthorn, Finn Maginness “absolute Hawthorn nuffie” and a Hawk to 2025

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tell me a time when our supporters have been this happy to get a draftee into the club? We have to go back to Ruffy maybe or Cyril? I know plenty were against the buddy drafting. Legit for me I’ve haven’t been this wrapped in years, bloody over the moon.

Welcome lad 😍😍

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is the captaincy going to be decided by a rock paper scissors play off ??? Worpel, Day, Maginness.... just three of many other candidates when the time comes :p

I'm glad you asked..

...So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

I'm glad you asked..

...So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.
Dude!

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It will be interesting to see where Finn fares in the depth-chart for our midfield.

Will he be ahead of players like cousins/jones/howe in his first year? only time will tell I guess but it'll be interesting to see anyway.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i predict he will be given a couple of games to test and encourage him in 2020, but most of his year will be learning the Hawks game plan and his 2 different roles he will have to learn at Box Hill, that would be my guess.

Finn has a little work to do on his disposal.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Finn has a little work to do on his disposal.

his disposal has been good when he gets space, last year he played as a wing and half forw and his kicking was actually really good, this year he played more inside mid and under pressure a lot more so his kicks were more to gain ground, i think his kicking under pressure needs some work.

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
his disposal has been good when he gets space, last year he played as a wing and half forw and his kicking was actually really good, this year he played more inside mid and under pressure a lot more so his kicks were more to gain ground, i think his kicking under pressure needs some work.
Hopefully Mitch will take him under his wing and develop him in the midfield craft.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Just under 6’2, around 80kg, came 6th in the 20mtr sprint, equal 4th in yo-yo test and 2nd in 2klm time trial. Big mid, quick and has endurance ...... and loves the brown and gold. Hopefully Finn will place his name up there with some greats of the club 🤞

i think he and Rantall who were the first 2 in the 2km time trial broke the record, so he has elite endurance, so he already has the tank to play AFL midfield, which is a good start

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i think he and Rantall who were the first 2 in the 2km time trial broke the record, so he has elite endurance, so he already has the tank to play AFL midfield, which is a good start
Read and heard that it was neck and neck the whole way, the competitiveness shown by both individuals until the finishing line was a site to see. So it’s in him!

Hopefully Mitch will take him under his wing and develop him in the midfield craft.
My stars, why wouldn't he? That's exactly what we're paying Sam for isn't it?

Wouldn't mind if Brad Sewell came in and gave him some mentoring either.

Read and heard that it was neck and neck the whole way, the competitiveness shown by both individuals until the finishing line was a site to see. So it’s in him!
They showed it last night on the draft footage.

sohsam

All Australian
Oct 5, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tell me a time when our supporters have been this happy to get a draftee into the club? We have to go back to Ruffy maybe or Cyril? I know plenty were against the buddy drafting. Legit for me I’ve haven’t been this wrapped in years, bloody over the moon.

Welcome lad 😍😍
Absolutely, nothing give us more pleasure than welcoming a father son with the traits that we need, when you read such glowing remarks and what we got him for, just adds to the excitement-
The midfielder clocked a 20-metre sprint time of 2.96 seconds, placing him among the leading players for speed in front of recruiters at Margaret Court Arena.
He then backed it up by reaching level 21.4 in the YoYo test, which is a measure of a player's aerobic running capacity. The gut-bursting run put him in the best handful of all participants at the Combine.
The 18-year-old, who has drawn comparisons to Sydney star and former Hawks father-son pick-up Josh Kennedy.

Back