List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second question, we happy or unhappy bunch with our picks? Why so either argument?

I think overall happy. Rantall and Bianco seem like sliders (both rated top 30) and seem good value at 40 plus. The masses were a bit disappointed we didn’t take Riccardi at 51 when we had a play on him. Not much known about Ruscoe but he seems solid too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think overall happy. Rantall and Bianco seem like sliders (both rated top 30) and seem good value at 40 plus. The masses were a bit disappointed we didn’t take Riccardi at 51 when we had a play on him. Not much known about Ruscoe but he seems solid too.

Thanks

By stats only did we miss out on Franis Evans?

Am I right in saying we currently have 4 Cat A rookies and 3 Cat B rookies? Therefore 2 spots open on the list, because we have 38 on senior list?

With one of the 2 spots reserved for Dunn in new year if he passes medical? So one live selection today?

What draft picks do we hold for 2020 currently? Obviously we have our first. Richmond's second? Essendon's third? Any other picks in first 3 rounds?

I think the players we got for the picks we had was decent but I do have to say im a little disappointed we didn't really address list weaknesses at all imo rather added to lines of strength.

Am I right in saying we currently have 4 Cat A rookies and 3 Cat B rookies? Therefore 2 spots open on the list, because we have 38 on senior list?

With one of the 2 spots reserved for Dunn in new year if he passes medical? So one live selection today?

What draft picks do we hold for 2020 currently? Obviously we have our first. Richmond's second? Essendon's third? Any other picks in first 3 rounds?
Sokol?

Our Cat As are Broomhead, Appleby, Mihocek, Tohill and Noble. Dunn will be the last remaining one.

Cat Bs are Madgen, Keane and Wilson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Tohill in Cat A as we’ve maxed out our Cat B allocation?

The rules say that you can only have one Irishman as a Cat. B Rookie; if you have a second Irish rookie one must be a Cat. A. So we had to pick between Tohill and Keane (prior to last season) to see who was in what category. Essendon has recently signed a couple of Irish players onto their rookie list and will have to make the same choice.

Is Tohill in Cat A as we’ve maxed out our Cat B allocation?

They don't make it easy for people as they show both Keane and Tohill as Cat. B Rookies (indicated by an * instead of # for Cat. A. Rookies) in the 2019 AFL Season Guide and the Football Record. It also makes it confusing when it was announced that these players were signed as Cat. B Rookies, as they don't bother pointing out that the rule (for when there's more than one) applies.

They don't make it easy for people as they show both Keane and Tohill as Cat. B Rookies (indicated by an * instead of # for Cat. A. Rookies) in the 2019 AFL Season Guide and the Football Record. It also makes it confusing when it was announced that these players were signed as Cat. B Rookies, as they don't bother pointing out that the rule (for when there's more than one) applies.
When the club released an article about our list finalisation for 2019 they denoted Keane as a Cat B but not Tohill.

Always a bug bear of mine when the governing body isn’t pedantic to articulate such rules.

If they did, and did it clearly enough, more would be up on speed.

When the club released an article about our list finalisation for 2019 they denoted Keane as a Cat B but not Tohill.
Always a bug bear of mine when the governing body isn’t pedantic to articulate such rules.

If they did, and did it clearly enough, more would be up on speed.
Saintly, I was about to reply (to Pragmatic Shill's post) with something very similar to that! Most fans aren't going to know about such rules, so they need to get it right, at least in the official publications. The Season Guide had a few errors regarding Cat. B Rookies in 2018 (which I did point out to them) and (despite an improved effort) still not quite right in 2019 either!

Saintly, I was about to reply (to Pragmatic Shill's post) with something very similar to that! Most fans aren't going to know about such rules, so they need to get it right, at least in the official publications. The Season Guide had a few errors regarding Cat. B Rookies in 2018 (which I did point out to them) and (despite an improved effort) still not quite right in 2019 either!
And whilst we are on such matters 35D, our official website should be better at listing players and numbers particularly updating photos (after photo day) and to update according to list placements.

I’m no tech head, but seems a simple enough task. Eg: Young Aish goes to Freo, he’s removed.

And whilst we are on such matters 35D, our official website should be better at listing players and numbers particularly updating photos (after photo day) and to update according to list placements.

I’m no tech head, but seems a simple enough task. Eg: Young Aish goes to Freo, he’s removed.
Oh yes, I think we might have talked about this once or twice in the past!! It should be done better!

Forgive me if this is not the best place for this question, but how many list spots do we still have free (if any)?

If we do have any free spots is there anyone available that would be worth taking to fill said spot?

Forgive me if this is not the best place for this question, but how many list spots do we still have free (if any)?

If we do have any free spots is there anyone available that would be worth taking to fill said spot?
We have one free spot I believe, which will be used to take Dunne

We have one free spot I believe, which will be used to take Dunne

Look at a club like Hawthorn.
Ruthless.
Names like Hodge, Lewis, Roughead, Birchall------when it's time, it's time.

We are going to waste time, list spot and 12 months development we could have got into a kid, rather it's being used on Dunn which is mind blowing.

Look at a club like Hawthorn.
Ruthless.
Names like Hodge, Lewis, Roughead, Birchall------when it's time, it's time.

We are going to waste time, list spot and 12 months development we could have got into a kid, rather it's being used on Dunn which is mind blowing.

All depends on what facts you want to quote to support your argument.

Hawks brought in Stuey Dew as a veteran when needed.

Many criticised our ruthlessness with Didak and a few others in the years after 2011.

Hawks have been ruthless but they missed the eight so I am not sure you can claim their ruthlessness has been successful.

Personally I would have preferred Brown or a few others over Dunn. But not for the reason you give. We have plenty of kids developing right now so don’t need another position available for on other. What we need is mature back up to our KP stocks. Dunn provides that, just think there were better mature alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back