Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
What a complete joke this clown is. Goes on Twitter rants about a bloke tapping out. All the coke must be destroying his short-term memory. Then deletes the tweets shortly after
Also remember his little rant about Aldo being a loser because he celebrated Mcgregors loss to Diaz? Only losers and weak dogs would celebrate another man's loss. Haha well ..

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Trying the old tweet and delete (ala Jon Jones) to try and stay relevant. It's such a pity that the guy that dethroned Aldo has amounted to this. He has so much talent, but his sickening attitude has likely pissed away his prime years. He won't care as he made his money fighting Floyd, but as an MMA fan you can't help but feel robbed of what should have been an incredible UFC run.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will be interesting to see how Conor returns.

Cowboy wont be going down without a fight.

Predicting Conor by KO/TKO.

Conor is probably gonna fight Masvidal after this imo.

Rettolalia

????
Nov 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Will be interesting to see how Conor returns.

Cowboy wont be going down without a fight.

Predicting Conor by KO/TKO.

Conor is probably gonna fight Masvidal after this imo.

Cowboy’s chin is gone, so would probably want this to go to the ground early.

If it stays standing up, I think we all know what may happen.

1575010643550.gif

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Hope Connor gets headkicked, or liver kicked and folds over. :hearteyes:

That whiskey soaked liver of Conor's shouldn't take much kicking, but it's always harder to get to on a lefty. I'm more worried about Cowboy's dislike for body shots being the deciding factor in this fight. I fully expect Conor to use the same snapping front kick he did against Mendez and win early, buy am hoping like hell that Cowboy has one more signature win in him.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He has taken a hell of a lot of punishment dude.
no doubt, but it's not like he's being KO'd by #14 contenders.

He's 23-10 in the UFC, but the losses are to the likes of Ferguson, Gaethje, Lawler, Masvidal etc.

He's a brawler, and if Conor doesn't finish him in the first 3 rounds Cowboy won't stop fighting.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
He's a brawler, and if Conor doesn't finish him in the first 3 rounds Cowboy won't stop fighting.

I wouldn't classify Cerrone as a brawler. He's a very good technical striker who's defense is a fair bit below his offense. He's not as fluid a striker as Conor and likely not as fast, but that doesn't make him a brawler.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Is he going for a third title?
Conor masvidal I'd actually pay to see

I seriously doubt it. I can't see him beating any of the top guys at 170. Skill wise he could hang, but I think he'd be too small in the end. dos Anjos would probably be his best bet because he wouldn't be giving up too much size, but the grappling and cardio would pose huge problems for him in that fight. I'm not convinced that his power would translate well at 170 either which would just make things more difficult.

I seriously doubt it. I can't see him beating any of the top guys at 170. Skill wise he could hang, but I think he'd be too small in the end. dos Anjos would probably be his best bet because he wouldn't be giving up too much size, but the grappling and cardio would pose huge problems for him in that fight. I'm not convinced that his power would translate well at 170 either which would just make things more difficult.
If he gets past Cerrone....one of Usman or Covington will call him out.

Alverez did it when he beat RDA and at that point McGregor hadn't fought at lightweight in the UFC.

I can't think of any other logical reason why he's doing this fight at 170. The UFC certainly wouldn't want their golden goose fighting Welterweights.

Rettolalia

????
Nov 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Alverez did it when he beat RDA and at that point McGregor hadn't fought at lightweight in the UFC.

I can't think of any other logical reason why he's doing this fight at 170. The UFC certainly wouldn't want their golden goose fighting Welterweights.

I think Khabib 2 or Jorge is next for Conor (if) he gets through Cowboy.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland

It's relatively short notice, so it's possible one or both didn't want to do the weight cut.

You're right though, whoever wins out of Usman and Colby will no doubt call for the McGregor fight next.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Theres is no way the UFC puts conor in a ring with Usman or Covington. He'd get obliterated, he's just not capable of going with the top welterweights imo. The only real reason Conor's fighting @ Welterweight I can think of is so it makes the next fight with Masvidal easier to pull off.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Theres is no way the UFC puts conor in a ring with Usman or Covington. He'd get obliterated, he's just not capable of going with the top welterweights imo. The only real reason Conor's fighting @ Welterweight I can think of is so it makes the next fight with Masvidal easier to pull off.
Masvidal is the form guy in the sport, would set up a huge ppv and a hell of a scrap. Could really build that one up.

Back