UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Until referees start paying fouls like that where he is clearly illegally impeded but keeps his feet, they leave players little choice.
Yeah nah not for me, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Diving should never be encouraged no matter what, blight on the game already who wants more. Salahs already got enough credits in the bank anyway.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Yeah nah not for me, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Diving should never be encouraged no matter what, blight on the game already who wants more. Salahs already got enough credits in the bank anyway.

Defenders pulling on forwards like Koulibally did is just as bigger blight on the game. Its outright cheating and doesn't get punished enough. Salah cops it all the time without getting the foul called.

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
I agree props to the players who try to keep their feet, but just because a player chooses to keep his feet doesn't mean it's not a foul. If refs were more willing to give fouls when a player is being fouled but keeps his feet it would reduce diving. It would not solve the problem but it would help.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
And still doesn't justify players diving, flopping and playing for penalties.

Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

I don't think it's that simple. There is a distinction between diving and going to ground after clearly being fouled.

Think of these 3 situations:
1) no foul, player dives, free kick given
2) foul, no free kick given
3) foul, player goes to ground, free kick given
I reckon 1 & 2 are clearly worse outcomes than 3. I don't approve of 3, but I understand it. It's a bit too simplistic to tell players to always rely on the ref blowing the whistle. We all know tons of fouls aren't spotted or given.

Respect for Salah for staying on his feet but I wouldn't call him a cheat if he'd gone down.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Wf_EoxfoHjo_57eDK8SLU7kkCDw=.gif

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

After once again being racially abused in Prague, Lukaku, who as a kid spoke French with his parents, a Swahili dialect with his relatives, Dutch at school, then learned English, German and Portuguese, moved to Italy and was fluent in Italian after a month, and is now giving an interview in Spanish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

After once again being racially abused in Prague, Lukaku, who as a kid spoke French with his parents, a Swahili dialect with his relatives, Dutch at school, then learned English, German and Portuguese, moved to Italy and was fluent in Italian after a month, and is now giving an interview in Spanish.

There are a lot of enablers in the world right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back