Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember Garry Ablett Jnr and Matthew Scarlett for picks 40 + 45, Geelong took full advantage of those rules...
Where would they have gone otherwise in their draft years? Ablett was not that highly rated was he? - and neither was Scarlett from memory. Hawkins obviously was, and was probably a big reason for the rule change. Woolnough was another who I recall was rated very highly (or at least higher than Scarlett who was in the same draft year).

Where would they have gone otherwise in their draft years? Ablett was not that highly rated was he? - and neither was Scarlett from memory. Hawkins obviously was, and was probably a big reason for the rule change. Woolnough was another who I recall was rated very highly (or at least higher than Scarlett who was in the same draft year).

im pretty sure Gary Ablett Jnr was highly rated in his draft year, like a top 5 player and i think Hawkins was as well, Scarlett i'm not sure on.

this is just from my rough memory so i could be wrong?

im pretty sure Gary Ablett Jnr was highly rated in his draft year, like a top 5 player and i think Hawkins was as well, Scarlett i'm not sure on.

Yeah, pretty sure you are wrong re Ablett. This is all from my memory, but I was a pretty invested cats fan back then! At the start of his draft year, most seemed to think the interest was only because of his name. He did improve though as the season went on, and would have definitely been drafted, but from memory he was never spoken of as a first or even second round talent - though I do recall Sheedy saying that he would have selected him with Bombers 1st round pick on genetics alone, and I remember that being pretty outrageous at the time, as he wasn't otherwise spoken of as a top end talent. Hawkins was spoken of as a potential number one pick at one stage, and was seen as worth a top 3 pick.

GAJ was not rated in the top 30. Just a small skinny forward flanker.
Scarlo even worse in his year.
Woolnough was ranked highly his year. 1-2 round.
Hawkins was a Top 3 talent.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

for all you keen eDPS draft followers, he will be joining me live on our draft podcast tonight!

for more info on how to listen in live, head to the link below:

The Suns would be over the moon if they got Deven Robertson at 17 to go with the locked in Rowell and Anderson, + Will Gould who has an extremely high ceiling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hearing this from Lions fans on BF, but can’t find anything from draft media writers about this.

But I don’t have Foxtel/Kayo so missed what was said on the official coverage.

Brisbane is considered to be strong fans of the ball-winner, and he has tested well for pace, so the Lions may see his talent as too strong to pass up.

It is understood Adelaide will also seriously look at Robertson very close with its back-to-back selections, having decided to go tall with its first pick overall (key defender Fischer McAsey - pictured below).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back