2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He also rated Masten as better than Cotchin.

Who did Bishop want? How anyone could be upset at getting one of the most exciting talents of the 2016 draft at 29 is beyond me. Bishop hated Powell-Pepper, I remember that.

A lot of these 'draft experts' footy knowledge comes entirely from watching it. They don't know what to look for and only see the obvious. Knightmare is 14 years old ffs and everyone treats him like a guru because he generates reams of content. The bloke's good at self-promotion, that's about it. Would have played about as much footy as Whateley.
There were a lot of people on this board none too happy with the choice of Shai @ 29 in that draft. Was an early whipping boy. Look at him now...so much fun to watch and getting better each year too...

FWIW our 2020 draft picks based on 2019 ladder positions are: 19 24(Saints 2nd round pick) 55 73 & 91

Could be a bit of wheeling and dealing for us next year if Baxter and MRJ become highly rated prospects.

Where did you read this from?

Ran into him numerous times and have heard he is enjoying it at Richmond, just waiting on an opportunity.

With Crows in rebuild mode and with Grundy set to stay at the Pies, you can join the dots and see them making a play for him.

2020 a big year for CCJ.......

someone on here a few years weeks back, hopefully not true and even if it is 19/20 year olds say silly things every now and then

i reckon ccj looks a brilliant prospect hope he is at tigerland long time

Last edited:
Hugo Ralpsmith attributes remind me of Menadue, I hope they don't give the kid no 37.

Ralphsmith would only dream of doing what Menadue has been able to achieve. Its got me absolutely ****ed how Markov - the shittest campaigner we've seen on our list in years. Menadue was a gentleman, a class act and very respectful - and gave a shitload more than Markov. Hugo should look up to 37, not down on it.

Ralphsmith would only dream of doing what Menadue has been able to achieve. Its got me absolutely f’ed how Markov - the shittest campaigner we've seen on our list in years. Menadue was a gentleman, a class act and very respectful - and gave a shitload more than Markov. Hugo should look up to 37, not down on it.

markov is harder, stronger, better 1v1, better mark, looks useful as forward option etc.

over menadue

maybe thats why he is still an afl player

Who did Bishop want? How anyone could be upset at getting one of the most exciting talents of the 2016 draft at 29 is beyond me. Bishop hated Powell-Pepper, I remember that.

A lot of these 'draft experts' footy knowledge comes entirely from watching it. They don't know what to look for and only see the obvious. Knightmare is 14 years old ffs and everyone treats him like a guru because he generates reams of content. The bloke's good at self-promotion, that's about it. Would have played about as much footy as Whateley.
Bishop said Bolton was a bad selection because of off-field stuff IIRC

Pretty sure it was Ridley he liked but he wasn't available anyway. I was a Begley fan *shudder* but remember yelling at my laptop for us to pick Shai when he was there unexpectedly.

Love the speed of all the players we have picked up here.

There is definitely a certain type we are after.

Looking forward to seeing the develop and grow!

speed kills!

creating space to perform skills is vital in any sport and it’s why speed for me is such a valuable trait.

He did.
I respected his opinion a lot but even the best get it wrong sometimes.

that’s the thing tho, predicting human nature is impossible. you can never tell how much a person really wants it.

Weaver did a solid job, his opinions were detailed and he backed his judgement, never felt he got sucked in by hype. He wanted Masten but he also wanted Rockliff.

From memory you were all over Foley?

Last edited:
markov is harder, stronger, better 1v1, better mark, looks useful as forward option etc.

over menadue

maybe thats why he is still an afl player

LOL. Markov is soft as *. And thinks he's a ******* jet. I'd rather go one short than have him on our list.

speed kills!

creating space to perform skills is vital in any sport and it’s why speed for me is such a valuable trait.

that’s the thing tho predicting human nature is impossible. you can never tell how much a person really wants it.

Weaver did a solid job tho, his opinions were detailed. He wanted Masten but he also wanted Rockliff.

I’m sure he’s changed his tune in a professional environment. Passing on a superior talent in Cotchin hoping to gather a similar type later in Rockliff is a very bigfooty way of looking at things. When you have actual skin in the game you’d always take Cotchin, you don’t pass on the elite talent at pick 2 because there might something similar available later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder who goes at the end of the year?
Markov at least, don't know the other two.
Important re-signings looming on the horizon.
Caddy, Graham, Nank, Higgins, Broad, Short, Houli.
They are essentials.
Perhaps Houli retires, we don't know yet.
Why would houli retire?
Keeps getting better imo, has shown no sign of slowing down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a reason why EVERY single club (in every sport on the planet) has drafting blunders, it's because there are so many variables and it isn't an exact science! You do your due diligence as best as you can but you cannot account for everything, human development (especially in sport) is not linear and never will be.

This is why it's pretty funny to see the meltdowns on Draft Night when people's objections are based on highlight videos and phantom drafts.

Everyone needs to relax and enjoy the ride. I for one look forward to watching these kids development in the VFL with RCD, CCJ and co. Good times.
Couldn’t have said that better myself!!
Touché to you sir

Why would houli retire?
Keeps getting better imo, has shown no sign of slowing down
Never said personally Houli would retire.
Someone else mentioned it was possible, that is all, given his business interests.
Markov and Chol will have basically been in our system for five years, and if they are not getting a regular senior gig by then, well that sends a signal.

Never said personally Houli would retire.
Someone else mentioned it was possible, that is all, given his business interests.
Markov and Chol will have basically been in our system for five years, and if they are not getting a regular senior gig by then, well that sends a signal.

chol 22
200odd cm
jumps like an impala

show some good signs in premiership season, 9 games

got a lot of upside handy player to have

speed kills!

that’s the thing tho, predicting human nature is impossible. you can never tell how much a person really wants it.

Weaver did a solid job, his opinions were detailed and he backed his judgement, never felt he got sucked in by hype. He wanted Masten but he also wanted Rockliff.

Pretty sure I wanted James Sellar. :oops:

Like the fact we are picking a lot of younger blokes who are bottom ages

first we picked shaI, than Turner last year both who have really rewarded us in having a crack and just taking a chance on that raw talent despite being smaller and needing a little bit more time to develop

looks like we have continued This with a few of our picks this year

it’s the benefit of having such a well rounded list as it stands the club can recruit for the future and find these super talented kids that have slipped through because other clubs are focusing on guys that will play round 1

Last edited:
Like the fact we are picking a lot of younger blokes who are bottom ages

first we picked shaI, than Turner last year both who have really rewarded us in having a crack and just taking a chance on that raw talent despite being smaller and needing a little bit more time to develop

looks like we have continued This with a few of our picks this year

Ross, Balta too

Turner made his draft year by 5 days

Markov's contract expires at the end of 2020, Chol at the end of 2021, both would have been in the system for five years.
The list managers would have to reassess their futures then.
That's footy.
Especially if Biggy sets the footy world on fire.

we need to find new talls if chol eventually goes + grimes, astbury, rance, reiwoldt successions plans

might be hard to find all these talls with the club finishing high on the ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back