Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

re: the Rowell Bluemour

Can also confirm of sorts, I teach his next door neighbour at school who is disgustingly a Dons fan. Been telling me all year that he plans on returning to Vic to play for Carlton at some stage and was really disappointed that we traded our pick away this year. Never mentioned a time frame of 4 years or when that would be, but apparently is as die hard Carlton as he is a gardener, similar vein to Doc.

Would love if it ends up happening but who knows what will end eventuate.
The 4 year time frame is quite intelligent by these kids and their managers. Expansion clubs paying a premium to young talent in their formative years is definitely a thing. Cash in for up to a million over years 3 & 4 or even better have their initial contracts "improved" with early re "commitment". Probably pocket an extra $2-400k on what the Vic kids can expect at the same time.

Walshy and co. would have extended for decent coin, but would not compare to King, Lukocious, Rankine etc. Scrimshaw and Brodie were rumoured to be on $400k if I remember correctly (obviously can't confirm).

BTW Rowell would want to be all that is expected or he will struggle to get a game back at the Blues in 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you won't be buying too many bottles of sassicaia at the med supermarket...........
Barolo, Balsamico, slab of crushed tomatoes, Olives maybe...

re: the Rowell Bluemour

Can also confirm of sorts, I teach his next door neighbour at school who is disgustingly a Dons fan. Been telling me all year that he plans on returning to Vic to play for Carlton at some stage and was really disappointed that we traded our pick away this year. Never mentioned a time frame of 4 years or when that would be, but apparently is as die hard Carlton as he is a gardener, similar vein to Doc.

Would love if it ends up happening but who knows what will end eventuate.

Sounds like the Dylan Shiel scenario all over again - his family were die hard Carlton people too.

Hope he doesn’t end up at the Druggies too.

:think:

Or end up being appointed as the AFL Ambassador to the freaking United Nations.

:rolleyes:

Interesting. I actually heard the Rowell-to-Carlton-in-a-couple-of-years rumour, too. From parent of a player taken in second round of draft. Bizarre, I thought it was far-fetched and not worth thinking about, but here it is from other sources too.

Liddle will if he is told to go otherwise. He's won't get another CEO job for this stuff up and he knows it. His position becomes untenable anyway if SOS goes.

SOS on the other hand can go into any other club, most likely the rebuilding GCS with future picks & raid our list. Keep SOS. Not Liddle.
Just put Prender in Liddle's position.
Keep Sos.
Done.
(Except it is too late now isn't it?)

Last edited:
Interesting. I actually heard the Rowell-to-Carlton-in-a-couple-of-years rumour, too. From parent of a player taken in second round of draft. Bizarre, I thought it was far-fetched and not worth thinking about, but here it is from other sources too.
Yeah and I heard rumours a number of years back of Tom Boyd to Carlton after GWS drafted him.
All means very little at this point but interesting to hear.
I suspect Rowell will re-commit to Suns long term as why would he not with his mate there and other elite talent there from last two drafts.
They can follow the Brisbane model now of how to make your young talent want to enjoy the challenge of growing up together up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back