• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
So the question that keeps running through my mind, over this lads current reign over our game is this.....Where on earth are all the football journos willing to question & criticise this complete corporate arse-clown, for the manner & way he is both running & ruining our great game?

This latest draft-farce fiasco, in some pathetic attempt to both copy a yankee style-format, while simultaneously milking the clicks for all they're worth....Is a complete corruption & bastardisation of our unique game & it's format.

His allowing 6-rule changes in the one season was bad enough, but the standard of umpiring under this bloke has gone from bad to worse.....It hasn't fixed a God-damned thing insofar as the proliferation of rugby-scrums goes.

His gifting the Gold Coast a draft haul at every other clubs expense was a complete joke....Especially when he goes out of his way to ensure that the Giants get extra ambassadorial payments to retain Cogs, but he doesn't do a damn thing to help the Gold Coast to retain their players.....Talk about plugging the holes of your own self-made sinking-ship....and then asking everyone else to pay for it.

He & his media pal Murdoch Junior, have somehow managed to silence & put a muzzle on every dissenting voice, against the most destructive corporate take-over of our game, that I've borne witness to.

So I ask you all.....where in the * have all the dissenting & critical voices of discerning, educated journo's disappeared to?....The silence over this boys reign of tyranny is stunning.

So I ask you all.....where in the fu** have all the dissenting & critical voices of discerning, educated journo's disappeared to?
Yeah mate if you criticise the AFL at all you're probably going to get a stern talking to and probably lose your media pass.

Source: I have a media pass (not a journo) and basically got told "if you say anything about the AFL or its partners you're not going to have it long".

The only journo that consistently criticises Gil is Mick Warner, however Warner tends to go a bit overboard with the anti-authority schtick. Like, Gil could come out and say all profits from gate sales during the 2020 season will be donated to the Children's Hospital and Warner would still find a problem with it.

• Banned
The only journo that consistently criticises Gil is Mick Warner, however Warner tends to go a bit overboard with the anti-authority schtick. Like, Gil could come out and say all profits from gate sales during the 2020 season will be donated to the Children's Hospital and Warner would still find a problem with it.

Strong User-name to post relation.

I voted "No" because I see Gil as a lackey, a puppet that Vlad is pulling the strings for backstage.

Gil isn't smart enough to run these agendas without help. He is being led by "powers" behind the scenes.

The next AFL CEO needs to come from outside, and not amongst the current group, who drank the Demetriou Kool-Aid.

I think Brendan Gale, Brian Cook or someone like Malcolm Speed would run things their way, and focus on bettering the game, rather than kowtowing to the SJWs.

• Banned
I voted "No" because I see Gil as a lackey, a puppet that Vlad is pulling the strings for backstage.

Gil isn't smart enough to run these agendas without help. He is being led by "powers" behind the scenes.

The next AFL CEO needs to come from outside, and not amongst the current group, who drank the Demetriou Kool-Aid.

I think Brendan Gale, Brian Cook or someone like Malcolm Speed would run things their way, and focus on bettering the game, rather than kowtowing to the SJWs.

It's all about the TV rights these days.....Ed's relationship with Fox & Murdoch Junior now means that he is also tied-up & compromised through a conflict of interest.....Kennett also writes a weekly article in the HUN....It's not rocket-science in seeing where all the strings attach to.

The muted stance of all our journo's owes it's origins to the Multi-Nat media conglomerate of Murdoch....And with pal & fellow IPA mate Gina, now on board through her controlling interest of Fairfax, expect that to only get even worse, in the homogenised & sanitised 'group-think' of our game.

Conservative corporate fascism beneath, masked by a liberal pc front, as a disguise for a total dictatorship.

Back