2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross, Balta too

Turner made his draft year by 5 days

we need to find new talls if chol eventually goes + grimes, astbury, rance, reiwoldt successions plans

might be hard to find all these talls with the club finishing high on the ladder
Wonder what he would've gone this year? Has turned heads against men and AFL listed players as a mere sprout. Could have conceivably gone pretty high this year if he'd been born 5 days earlier.

Wonder what he would've gone this year? Has turned heads against men and AFL listed players as a mere sprout. Could have conceivably gone pretty high this year if he'd been born 5 days earlier.

knightmare says 40s/50s but i dont think he has watched turner play for 12 months and is basing his argument on not making the richmond senior team

knightmare says 40s/50s but i dont think he has watched turner play for 12 months and is basing his argument on not making the richmond senior team
Yeah that's bullshit. 40-50's are for your speculative picks. Turner has performed bloody well for a first year player in the dev squad.

He also rated Masten as better than Cotchin.

Who did Bishop want? How anyone could be upset at getting one of the most exciting talents of the 2016 draft at 29 is beyond me. Bishop hated Powell-Pepper, I remember that.

A lot of these 'draft experts' footy knowledge comes entirely from watching it. They don't know what to look for and only see the obvious. Knightmare is 14 years old ffs and everyone treats him like a guru because he generates reams of content. The bloke's good at self-promotion, that's about it. Would have played about as much footy as Whateley.
He had in his phantom draft
Devon Robertson
Josh Worrell
Trent Bianco in that order so would have selected either Robertson/Worrell imo

Ah yes Knightmare (Chris Doerre), the so called expert who goes on and on about who HE would have picked and his famous power rankings
I wonder what the club lists would look like if everyone picked Doerre's fabled picks = s**t
The guy is a self opinionated bore fest
Funnily enough Collingwood draft was rated A while Richmond was rated C...

Last edited:
Like the fact we are picking a lot of younger blokes who are bottom ages

first we picked shaI, than Turner last year both who have really rewarded us in having a crack and just taking a chance on that raw talent despite being smaller and needing a little bit more time to develop

looks like we have continued This with a few of our picks this year

it’s the benefit of having such a well rounded list as it stands the club can recruit for the future and find these super talented kids that have slipped through because other clubs are focusing on guys that will play round 1

Balta also

reckon ccj will be at crows next year
Everything i have read or heard about CCJ is that he loves it at Richmond and in melbourne and apart from coming from SA there is no reason why he would be looking to go back , There is a reason why GC are looking to add more South australian boys and thats because most dont want to head back.

Would love to know where you get this info from

There were a lot of people on this board none too happy with the choice of Shai @ 29 in that draft. Was an early whipping boy. Look at him now...so much fun to watch and getting better each year too...
There are a lot of people on this board who don't have a clue.

Yes. It's going to be a contest between Chol, CCJ and Biggy as reserve ruck.
Soldo has cemented his position.
CJ is a ruckman who can play forward. Chol is a forward who can play in the ruck. Biggie is a key position prospect who can play in the ruck but won't be required to.

Can we please stop quoting that pencil-necked virgin as some suppository of wisdom.

He had in his phantom draft
Devon Robertson
Josh Worrell
Trent Bianco in that order so would have selected either Robertson/Worrell imo
I was asking who Bishop wanted in 2016 instead of Shai.

There are a lot of people on this board who don't have a clue.

CJ is a ruckman who can play forward. Chol is a forward who can play in the ruck. Biggie is a key position prospect who can play in the ruck but won't be required to.

Can we please stop quoting that pencil-necked virgin as some suppository of wisdom.

I was asking who Bishop wanted in 2016 instead of Shai.

Jordan Gallucci was his pick at #29

RICHMOND

Players drafted:

Thomson Dow (21), Noah Cumberland (43), William Martyn (44), Hugo Ralphsmith (46), Bigoa Nyuon (54)

Mick’s take:

Obviously the Tigers don’t need to replenish their list, do they? They were outstanding. They’ve got Thompson Dow, who we mentioned got taken a little bit early. Noah Cumberland and Will Martyn, they’re two of the Brisbane Lions’ Academy products. And Hugo Ralphsmith, an absolute bargain. Biggy Nyuon, he’s great for the game and great for the NGA programs. To see a second Sudanese player on Richmond’s list will be exciting for future football at Tigerland.

This is simply breath taking, critical analysis that will be seen as the bench mark in future years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Gallucci was his pick at #29
Thanks, but Gallucci was taken at pick 15. I'm asking who was Bishop saying we should have picked when he spat the dummy after we got Bolton (who he had at 26 in those rankings btw). Maybe Rotham, who he ranked at 13 but didn't get drafted until 37.

Thanks, but Gallucci was taken at pick 15. I'm asking who was Bishop saying we should have picked when he spat the dummy after we got Bolton (who he had at 26 in those rankings btw). Maybe Rotham, who he ranked at 13 but didn't get drafted until 37.
look on his list and work out who was still there .......... these guys usually stick to their lists

Bishop's fourth-last post on BigFooty was in the 2018 draft discussion thread. It said: "First things first, let's get things clear. It isn't a 'super draft'."

Uh, yeah. It was.

The year before he declared Higgins would be a small forward, not a mid (who Richmond wouldn't draft even if he did get to our pick, which he wouldn't), and said he didn't like CCJ.

And he's one of the better ones.

Funnily enough Collingwood draft was rated A while Richmond was rated C...

Evidence right there and only because HE rates their picks
A lot of waffling on about STRONG VALUE, yeah Pies nailed it fore sure because they picked Doerre's choices
Less said about this so called ESPN "draft expert" the better, I don't take much notice of him as there are better writers at AFL Draft Central
Anyway in response to some posts regarding list changes end of next year, I don't think Houli will retire so the ones under the pump would be
Oleg Markov, Ben Miller, Jake Aarts (R) in particular
But I can see maybe Kamdyn McIntosh and Callum Coleman-Jones looking for a trade if they feel like their not getting a lot of games
The above 3-5 players are the only ones I can see leaving, which is about the usual average of player list movement each year
We'll have to do something (upgrade) with Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Liam Baker and Mabior Chol as well

Last edited:
What's our list numbers situation?

Do we have spots for the next Sydney Stack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not Richmond related ... in the end everything is I suppose. But how the hell did the AFL sign off on Gold Coast offloading Pick 11 (2020) and Pick 64 (used by Geelong in a package for Taheny) for Geelong's Pick 27?

Far be it from me to buy into Steve Hocking conspiracy theories - I'm not even sure he's the one with the final say in such matters - but surely this one triggers that exact reason the AFL has to sign off on all such live trades?

There's a reason why EVERY single club (in every sport on the planet) has drafting blunders, it's because there are so many variables and it isn't an exact science! You do your due diligence as best as you can but you cannot account for everything, human development (especially in sport) is not linear and never will be.

This is why it's pretty funny to see the meltdowns on Draft Night when people's objections are based on highlight videos and phantom drafts.

Everyone needs to relax and enjoy the ride. I for one look forward to watching these kids development in the VFL with RCD, CCJ and co. Good times.
Before the draft i wouldn't know anyone of the kids we picked up from a bar of soap.So who am i to argue or sook over who we got.
Who knows Biggie could be our next Rance and any of the top 10 kid picks could be a flop.
One thing i do know is those we got have come to the best club and its culture in the land.

#1 for sure(Puts my SoS hat on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back