Not open for further replies.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Happy with that lot. Stocker, Kemp and Martin expected to be best 22 moving forward (Kemp in ‘21) and Philp is the interesting one. I expect him to see more VFL next year to develop, no big rush.

A few Blues fans also mentioned Josh Honey as a potential pick at 47 yesterday and we ended up getting him through the Rookie draft. I don’t know anything about the guy but some of our fans seem to rate him. It’s the rookie draft, so why not.
Do we still have 1 spot left open?

Wouldn't mind a VFL lifeline given to Sam Lowson or Sokol from the WAFL

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Worked out well for Jack Martin and Carlton in the end. To get him at the end of the day only for the cost of money is pretty good.

GC are weird, they won’t take our offer of a second round pick for Martin but they will trade a premium 1st round pick next year for a 2nd round pick. That is shocking from them.
Yet here's more draft picks GC

Farkin stupidity at its finest from the hierarchy

"Ok guys, let's give away our best mid to our rivals up the road for free cos of culcha"

Next year

"Oh no we're s**t can we have more picks"

Hierarchy: "ok 2nd favourite child, you can have more picks"

"Oh, our most talented flanker is leaving, but cos of culcha and the high road, we won't accept a deal, he can sweat it out cos we're butttttttttttthurrtttt"

"Oh s**t, we have no more mid range picks and really want this kid, what do we do? Ok we'll trade a freebie"

Ffs AFL they're taking the absolute piss out you lot

Why wasn't Sokol picked up?

Is he training anywhere?
Nup, not training any where. Iirc he had a poor 20m time at the state combine (was pretty slow which a player in his position isn’t great). Reckon he’s a chance to be picked up in mid season draft etc

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's alright, in three years we'll be talking about these suns draftees returning home and Carlton giving up picks for them after their draftees are delisted

I understand that the only pride you have left being a fan of Fremantle is giving Carlton s**t but when you support a 25 year old club and they have only made the finals 7 times in their history (3 more than GWS), it looks weird to throw potshots around at literally any other club not named Gold Coast (at the moment).

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I understand that the only pride you have left being a fan of Fremantle is giving Carlton s**t but when you support a 25 year old club and they have only made the finals 7 times in their history (3 more than GWS), it looks weird to throw potshots around at literally any other club not named Gold Coast (at the moment).
I mean, you tell me how Carlton have done drafting in the last 20 years..

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I mean, you tell me how Carlton have done drafting in the last 20 years..

Since 1999? Not very good for a lot of it. Since 2015 when SOS became the list manager? Very good.

When SOS came in, he had to start overhauling what was a terrible list. I would say that he has transformed the list and done a good job at it.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Since 1999? Not very good for a lot of it. Since 2015 when SOS became the list manager? Very good.

When SOS came in, he had to start overhauling what was a terrible list. I would say that he has transformed the list and done a good job at it.
Yep, turned it around from bottom to bottom. Legendary.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yep, turned it around from bottom to bottom. Legendary.

If you’re going to ask me a question but then just laugh at the response, what is the point of asking? I personally don’t care how you see Carlton or the players at Carlton but don’t play list manager when you were adamant Carlton should have traded Pick 9 for Jack Martin and I am positive you will still be stubborn and say they still should have done it for whatever reason you can come up with on the spot.

One thing's for sure, S.OS is a better list manager than Dodoro. Why the media and some Essendon fans still rate that dodo is beyond me. No top 4 finishes in the last 15 years with him at the helm with a list of one-way running peahearts suggests he may not be all that he seems.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
One thing's for sure, S.OS is a better list manager than Dodoro. Why the media and some Essendon fans still rate that dodo is beyond me. No top 4 finishes in the last 15 years with him at the helm with a list of one-way running peahearts suggests he may not be all that he seems.
McGrath over Taranto lol

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dodoro has traded pretty well but it hasn't really gotten their list anywhere. Smith, stringer, Saad and Shiel in the past few years but they still have the same flaws than they had 3 years ago

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Dodoro has traded pretty well but it hasn't really gotten their list anywhere. Smith, stringer, Saad and Shiel in the past few years but they still have the same flaws than they had 3 years ago
Lack of big bodied inside mids a massive concern imo and they seem to neglect this type of player every year, though it seems to always be a massive weakness every year, thus really hurting their solid big man stocks effectiveness too imo considering their big guys aren't getting any younger and will need to be replaced too in 2-3 years time.

No one has replaced Watson effectively enough for the teams benefit

Shadeeq

Debutant
Jun 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
McGrath over Taranto lol

When the AFL clubs were polled before the 2016 AFL draft about who they would choose with the #1 pick, about half said McGrath and the other half Mcluggage. I don't think any clubs recruiters said they would of chosen Taranto.

This line of thinking is so dumb anyways. It's like me saying: Dow over Naughton? LOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back