List Mgmt. 2020 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Can see Ash and Riccardi starting in our 22 Round 1. Had heard we were really into Jake but doubted it with our tall stocks but still stoked to get him. Hoping this means we take Delahunty as a Cat B rookie but I'm not sure how we sit with rookie spots rn
Ash I can see as a yes

riccardi would be a hard no from me

I’m still happy we picked him up, but those three key forwards keep their spots

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
We now have as ruckman, Jacobs, Flynn (coming back from an ACL no senior games), Briggs (no senior games) and Mummy?

The above puts a lot a pressure on Sam to stay fit and firing.

There is still the the pre-season supplemental selection period which goes from Dec - March so the door isn't completely closed if we choose to add another ruck.

But we’re not exactly On Top Of The World though are we, not particularly after the you know what that was played you know when.
Yeah, But We've Only Just Begun

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
We now have as ruckman, Jacobs, Flynn (coming back from an ACL no senior games), Briggs (no senior games) and Mummy?

Have no problems with ruck I don't think.

Sauce is our main man and mummy will be great to have in 2 or 3 games to give sauce a break.

Both these guys teaching Flynn and Briggs as well.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Ash I can see as a yes

riccardi would be a hard no from me

I’m still happy we picked him up, but those three key forwards keep their spots

He might be a surprise packet, he’s a bit of a late developer but his kicking is textbook and he is a nice height who marks well.

Finlayson did well this year but a few times in bigger games he has been extremely disappointing. I think this bloke is a shot at taking that role if he can step up again.

At the very least he is good back up for if we get an injury.

Last edited:

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Darcy Bennett the Wirribee ruck has been training with the group so is a chance to be picked up via the SSP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
My updated best 22:

Williams Davis Shaw
Haynes Taylor Whitfield
Kelly Ward Coniglio
Greene Cameron Daniels
Finlayson HH Hill
Jacobs Taranto Hopper

Caldwell DeBoer Perryman Corr

Next in line: Ash, Reid, Lloyd, Green, Hately, Mumford, Kennedy, OHalloran, Sproule, Keeffe, Cumming, Buntine, Stein, Langdon, Hutchesson, Sheridan, Shipley.

Developing: Flynn, Briggs, Buckley, Brown, Idun, Riccardi

IMO this is comfortably the best our list has ever looked.

Last edited:

Ppollen

Development Coach
Mar 26, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
My updated best 22:

Williams Davis Shaw
Haynes Taylor Whitfield
Kelly Ward Coniglio
Greene Cameron Daniels
Finlayson HH Hill
Jacobs Taranto Hopper

Next in line: Reid, Lloyd, Green, Hately, Mumford, Kennedy, OHalloran, Sproule, Keeffe, Cumming, Buntine, Stein, Langdon, Hutchesson, Sheridan, Shipley.

A great looking 22!

Where do you think Ash will fit in?

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
My updated best 22:

Williams Davis Shaw
Haynes Taylor Whitfield
Kelly Ward Coniglio
Greene Cameron Daniels
Finlayson HH Hill
Jacobs Taranto Hopper

Next in line: Ash, Reid, Lloyd, Green, Hately, Mumford, Kennedy, OHalloran, Sproule, Keeffe, Cumming, Buntine, Stein, Langdon, Hutchesson, Sheridan, Shipley.

Agreed that is seriously formidable

I think that midfield looks a little one paced

I’m on Ash for rnd 1 band wagon

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
My updated best 22:

Williams Davis Shaw
Haynes Taylor Whitfield
Kelly Ward Coniglio
Greene Cameron Daniels
Finlayson HH Hill
Jacobs Taranto Hopper

Reading that line up gave me a tingle

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
My updated best 22:

Williams Davis Shaw
Haynes Taylor Whitfield
Kelly Ward Coniglio
Greene Cameron Daniels
Finlayson HH Hill
Jacobs Taranto Hopper

tenor-27.gif

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Now the countdown to the 1st preseason game is on and looking forward to news of how the preseason is going for the players
I think the club has done well to bring in the players it has with how the club is placed in terms of SC and although i dont see Ash and Green in the best 22 they should see some senior football in 2020 and I think with Riccardi and Hutchesson with a strong 1st half of the year they could get an opportunity
I am disappointed the club didnt pick up one of the other academy prospects but I also understand that the club knows the players and if they have the talent to be an AFL player and hopefully those players stay with the game and prove the club wrong and it does help the NEAFL and the game in NSW with some of those clubs having those players with them
Now for the hard part for the club and that is re-signing the OOC players in 2020,

Cameron
Whitfield
Williams
TOJ
Corr
Perryman
Langdon
Cumming
Lloyd
Caldwell
Hately
O'Halloran

No way the club can fit them all in so I think it will be how they play and if they push for senior spots and then what kind of salary they are demanding and I would think Caldwell and Hately will be the biggest targets and if TOJ backs up his 2019 he will see some big offers in front of him

Brave New World

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2009
AFL Club
GWS
From today's Herald-Sun on rookie spots:

"Adelaide, West Coast and Greater Western Sydney also all have list spots open for next year.

The Giants have no plans to add another player over summer and could keep the spot open for the 2020 mid-season draft.

The Eagles are strongly considering former Giant and Carlton livewire Jarrod Pickett. West Coast coach Adam Simpson said Pickett would likely train with the club over summer.
“We haven’t decided on that yet, the next 24 hours we will make a decision, but there is a spot there available,” Simpson said.
“We might get two or three guys to train with us through the pre-season period, and we are working through who trains with us.”

Also mentions that the Bombers are going to rookie Jacob Townsend.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I think they will keep the options open for that last list spot and they have had the VFL ruck training with them which I think would be insurance for a LTI to a tall

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
The Giants had done so much work to get ahead of the bid for Green. They had packaged up picks 12 and 18 during the Telstra AFL Trade Period to gain pick six, and then sent pick six and a future first-round pick to Adelaide to move up to pick four. But by draft night, the Giants had decided if Melbourne bid on Green, they would match it. It was unlikely, but a chance, so the Giants worked on ways to match it by moving out pick four in a trade for multiple first-round selections. The Suns inquired about the move, offering a strong hand of picks as they eyed half-back Young, but the Giants didn't budge. The Giants' need for a gun ruck made Jackson a priority, but with him gone, the club focused on speed. It's what led them to pick the dashing half-back Lachie Ash at No.4. Young was a consideration, but he didn't have the dazzle they were searching for. They visited Gippsland pair Caleb Serong and Flanders three days before the draft but neither was really in their plans at No.4 given Jackson or Ash was set to be available. Half-back Will Day was also high on their thoughts near this range.

Back