Podcast Draft Recap, 2019 - I'm Big Kev and I'm Excited

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Here is the age demographics by positions I referred to during the podcast.

1575065886568.png

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Go forward 3 years,
- Retirements - Hutchings (32), and Shuey and Redden both (33)
- Delistings - Ainsworth (disposal not up to AFL standard) and Brayshaw (injury prone and pace issues)

The cupboard looks very bare!
1575066539173.png

If we had been successful luring 2 mids from the expansion clubs (Coniglio, O'Meara, Swallow, Martin, etc), then our midfield demographics would look very different.

Over the past 3 drafts, we have been very successful at drafting quality talls. We can relax that need and

The priority in the next 3 years has to be on midfielder. I would be looking for the best midfielders at our picks and not take the best available. If we don't think our picks are in the right place for mids, then move the picks.

We also need to snag a couple of WA free agent midfielder. Hello Patrick Cripps. If we are able to put a sustained run of success together, we may be able to attract non-WA FA's. It is Christmas and I am allowed to dream

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Go forward 3 years,
- Retirements - Hutchings (32), and Shuey and Redden both (33)
- Delistings - Ainsworth (disposal not up to AFL standard) and Brayshaw (injury prone and pace issues)

The cupboard looks very bare!
View attachment 787041

If we had been successful luring 2 mids from the expansion clubs (Coniglio, O'Meara, Swallow, Martin, etc), then our midfield demographics would look very different.

Over the past 3 drafts, we have been very successful at drafting quality talls. We can relax that need and

The priority in the next 3 years has to be on midfielder. I would be looking for the best midfielders at our picks and not take the best available. If we don't think our picks are in the right place for mids, then move the picks.

We also need to snag a couple of WA free agent midfielder. Hello Patrick Cripps. If we are able to put a sustained run of success together, we may be able to attract non-WA FA's. It is Christmas and I am allowed to dream

Don't disagree with any of this, however I would say the club may believe guys like Duggan, Venables, Foley and even Petch could still make the move to the midfield. Was just over two years ago most thought Yeo wouldn't make it as midfielder, so it isn't outside the realms that any of these guys could help fill that gap.

Enjoyed listening to the last two pods btw lads.

Back