Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all. I am saying that I believe that having gone from a 2 win 2018 to a 7 win 2019 that Carlton have the capacity to win between 10 - 15 games in 2020.
I then gave examples of other teams that have made similar advances to show that it can happen.

Those in the cheap seats then do the "You are saying that they will finish top 4" rubbish. Or even better "so you are saying you are a flag chance". By all means comment on my 10 - 15 win claim, but please don't show your ignorance by adding "You are essentially saying you are a flag chance".
15 wins (which is in your predicted win range) just about guarantees you a top four finish (and possibly top two), so that puts you in a strong position to go all the way. Any side that finishes on 15 wins has to be taken seriously. Richmond, who you liken yourself to, finished the season on 15 wins in 2017 and ended up winning the flag, so this is why I’m lead to believe you think you’re a shot at the flag. 15 wins is genuine flag territory.

And my counter argument to you going from bottom four to top four is that these Brisbane/Richmond like surges up the ladder are not very common. Lots of things had to go right for both sides. The chances of it happening again are small and the odds are stacked against you.

I don’t think a side with one elite player is capable of finishing top four, but we’ll see.

Don't think he's the one being biased kiddo.
Didn’t you take the hint when I ignored you the first time?

Either contribute to the discussion like a grownup or head to the Bay where you can spout your BigFooty cliche lines.

I believe that we have a team (and list) that will win between 10 - 15 games. Pretty sure that I explained why. Clearly I can be dismissed as biased if it suits your argument.

Which part was tricky for you?

Did you think that Brisbane could go from 5 to 16 wins from 2018 to 2019.

Conversely did you think that Melbourne would go from 14 wins in 2018 to 5 wins in 2019?

Not all improvement/decline has to be incremental.
It wasn’t “tricky”. Just seems ridiculous as an assertion

pointing out that outliers exist doesn’t make a claim realistic.

if a goldCoast fan suggested they’d make the 8 next year would you find that reasonable?

I’ll happily put $100 on Carlton not winning 15 games

Didn’t you take the hint when I ignored you the first time?

Either contribute to the discussion like a grownup or head to the Bay where you can spout your BigFooty cliche lines.
You want to tone down your posts as they don't contribute much to the discussion at all.

It wasn’t “tricky”. Just seems ridiculous as an assertion

pointing out that outliers exist doesn’t make a claim realistic.

if a goldCoast fan suggested they’d make the 8 next year would you find that reasonable?

I’ll happily put $100 on Carlton not winning 15 games
What about 10 games ?? Still keen ??
As the poster said 10/15 games ..
Imo 15 games is out of reach , 10 games is a good chance .

What about 10 games ?? Still keen ??
As the poster said 10/15 games ..
Imo 15 games is out of reach , 10 games is a good chance .
I could see you winning 10-11 at most.

there is a large difference between 10 and 15 win seasons. One you finish 4th or 5th. The other 11-12th.

Recruiting for the long term?
So trading your 2018 and 2019 first rounders to get a 28 year old Dayne Beams back is recruiting for the future?
Giving 27 year old Chris Mayne and 29 Lyndon Dunn lists spots is recruiting for the future? Needless to say that Daniel wells was 32 when he went to Collingwood.

Don't kid yourself all recruiters recruit to try and build a premiership winning team. Some inherit different lists and some have different methods of trying to get there
Yep. They are/were clear best 22 players, cherry on the top of a well balanced list.

Very different to bringing in short term stop gap fringe players who haven't cut it at other clubs.

Anyway, you blokes are happy with the way you are tracking and the decisions that are being made, obviously because you are coming from such a low base. I wouldn't be, but good luck to you.

Imagine trying to incorporate Kreuger and McAdam into a list of players brought into Carlton who are no longer there. What a laugh.

I mean, we all know you are a troll with no idea, but you don't usually make it that obvious.

Oh Fadge...you really do never disappoint. Absolutely clueless.

Imagine trying to incorporate Kreuger and McAdam into a list of players brought into Carlton who are no longer there. What a laugh.

I mean, we all know you are a troll with no idea, but you don't usually make it that obvious.

The way he, and other Carlton obsessed posters carry on is as if we are in our darkest hole ever.

We are nowhere near a top 4 team yet, however should push for the 8 with a very young list still, we should get to 75k members comfortably, still be in the top tier for attendances, our co-captain and All-Australian half back is (hopefully) returning, our good players are all signed up, we had 4 players nominate us as a preferred destination during trade period whilst nobody requested a trade, the RS winner, AA midfielder and almost Brownlow medallist, a highly rated new, young coach and are now debt free and flying financially.

I find it funny that these Collingwood fans watched our game against them this year yet see no optimism for Carlton. We got done in the final 3 minutes in a good battle all day where Collingwood had to pull out all stops to win (including umpires).

Richmond fans on the other hand, they torched us both times. But considering they took 8 years to get going you’d think they’d understand it takes a fair bit of time and patience for a club starting from scratch to come good. But pretty sure a lot of them on here didn’t follow the club before 2017.

We will build next year and be ok, might scrape into the 8, might just miss. We are still younger and smaller physically than a lot of other teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, no idea despite consistently being spot on about Carlton's prospects over the past 10 years, whilst you deluded fools continually talk up your chances each and every off season.

Good luck in your quest to clock up 8 wins or so next season. That would be a sensational year for you guys.

The way he, and other Carlton obsessed posters carry on is as if we are in our darkest hole ever.

We are nowhere near a top 4 team yet, however should push for the 8 with a very young list still, we should get to 75k members comfortably, still be in the top tier for attendances, our co-captain and All-Australian half back is (hopefully) returning, our good players are all signed up, we had 4 players nominate us as a preferred destination during trade period whilst nobody requested a trade, the RS winner, AA midfielder and almost Brownlow medallist, a highly rated new, young coach and are now debt free and flying financially.

I find it funny that these Collingwood fans watched our game against them this year yet see no optimism for Carlton. We got done in the final 3 minutes in a good battle all day where Collingwood had to pull out all stops to win (including umpires).

Richmond fans on the other hand, they torched us both times. But considering they took 8 years to get going you’d think they’d understand it takes a fair bit of time and patience for a club starting from scratch to come good. But pretty sure a lot of them on here didn’t follow the club before 2017.

We will build next year and be ok, might scrape into the 8, might just miss. We are still younger and smaller physically than a lot of other teams.
I've corrected my couple of mistakes. Are you going to correct your post about the comparative player retention percentages at Carlton and Collingwood, or are you happy just to keep going along and making shite up to support your argument?

And my counter argument to you going from bottom four to top four is that these Brisbane/Richmond like surges up the ladder are not very common. Lots of things had to go right for both sides. The chances of it happening again are small and the odds are stacked against you.
FFS.

I recall heading into 2013, the Carlton faithful were comparing their 2012 year to Geelong's 2006...

FFS.

I recall heading into 2013, the Carlton faithful were comparing their 2012 year to Geelong's 2006...
Dadda Dave is the only Carlton supporter that has offered a level headed response. The rest seem to have their heads in the clouds. The 15 wins statement was bold to say the least. I’d say Richmond, Collingwood, WCE and GWS would all be happy with 15 wins if you offered it to them at the start of the season.

Yep, no idea despite consistently being spot on about Carlton's prospects over the past 10 years, whilst you deluded fools continually talk up your chances each and every off season.

Good luck in your quest to clock up 8 wins or so next season. That would be a sensational year for you guys.

Deflect deflect deflect. Classic Fadgey.

I see you are intent on doubling down on your own stupidity. At least have the balls to admit when you are wrong.

Dadda Dave is the only Carlton supporter that has offered a level headed response. The rest seem to have their heads in the clouds. The 15 wins statement was bold to say the least. I’d say Richmond, Collingwood, WCE and GWS would all be happy with 15 wins if you offered it to them at the start of the season.
How many Carlton supporters said that we will win 15 games next season? Think you were over inflating your comment.

How many Carlton supporters said that we will win 15 games next season? Think you were over inflating your comment.
Just one did, hence “the 15 wins statement” and not “the 15 wins statements”.

So nothing to say about the poster who he initially quoted?

It's easy to call someone a troll isn't it, but i don't see you calling any Carlton fans trolls.

Fadges figures were a lot closer to the "trolls" figures

That it was bold?

I know you’re resorting to pedantic fault finding because you’ve got nothing of substance to add, but you suck at this game too.
So you've started this account up three days ago to troll Carlton supporters? You must know your not the first one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back