Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I actually heard the Rowell-to-Carlton-in-a-couple-of-years rumour, too. From parent of a player taken in second round of draft. Bizarre, I thought it was far-fetched and not worth thinking about, but here it is from other sources too.

These sorts of rumours always surface after the trade period..

Lukosius and Rankin back to Adelaide
King to the Saints
Dion Prestia to Melbourne etc

When Matty Kreuzer was drafted, I had a conversation with one of his immediate family members (who were absolute dyed in the wool Magpies) who swore Matty would see out his contract and request a trade to Collingwood.

Not saying it wont happen, but for the vast majority of players, old allegiances quickly get forgotten when a player joins a Club.

Jun 3, 2018
I'm in the glovebox
AFL Club
Carlton
These sorts of rumours always surface after the trade period..

Lukosius and Rankin back to Adelaide
King to the Saints
Dion Prestia to Melbourne etc

When Matty Kreuzer was drafted, I had a conversation with one of his immediate family members (who were absolute dyed in the wool Magpies) who swore Matty would see out his contract and request a trade to Collingwood.

Not saying it wont happen, but for the vast majority of players, old allegiances quickly get forgotten when a player joins a Club.

But look what happened to the one who followed through with it.

They become captain.

Fair carrot.

But look what happened to the one who followed through with it.

They become captain.

Fair carrot.

True, and I acknowledged that it does happen. But for every Docherty there are dozens that dont.

My 12 yo daughter likes K Pop … I would feel much better if she had a crush on Brodie … *Sigh*

K Pop.. Isnt he part of the Bulldogs Next Generation Academy?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not a rumour as such , but my 16 year old daughter just said 'OMG , How good looking is that Brodie Kemp - I think he's my new poster boy !'.

She said - 'Carlton definitely now have the best looking players '

I got bit of a schoolboy crush on Maddykins (Prespakis) myself from our AFLW team myself.

And many times in the last few years, I find myself wondering if I am not just the teeniest bit in love with Paddy Cripps. I am comfortable enough to admit it 😆😆😆

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
re: the Rowell Bluemour

Can also confirm of sorts, I teach his next door neighbour at school who is disgustingly a Dons fan. Been telling me all year that he plans on returning to Vic to play for Carlton at some stage and was really disappointed that we traded our pick away this year. Never mentioned a time frame of 4 years or when that would be, but apparently is as die hard Carlton as he is a gardener, similar vein to Doc.

Would love if it ends up happening but who knows what will end eventuate.

We'd all love for it to happen. The only problem I see is that we may have a bit of a cap squeeze in the years to come.

Lets take it one step and a time and target Caldwell next trade period :)

Time to reunite these young men from the Bendigo Pioneers :)

Not a rumour as such , but my 16 year old daughter just said 'OMG , How good looking is that Brodie Kemp - I think he's my new poster boy !'.

She said - 'Carlton definitely now have the best looking players '
Devastatingly handsome club
And supporter base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back