Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an article in the Advertiser that everyone should read about historical climate change and it's effect on the population of the world - how it causes mass migration and fighting over resources. What we are experiencing now has happened before:

“If you tried to take that through and extrapolate it to the end of the century … you’re looking at between 80 and 120 million refugees coming out of Africa every year alone. Just Africa.”

What’s causing this mass migration?

Professor Bradshaw calls it “density feedback”.

As you increase a population, what happens is that you approach an environment’s carrying capacity,” he says.

Populations — be they human, elephant, bug or bacteria — naturally grow towards the level their local environment can sustain. Once they approach and pass that level, their wellbeing falls. So a population correction must restore the balance of supply and demand.

Professor Bradshaw says the need for freshwater is already unsettling world politics. There’s the fight over the Murray-Darling. There’s the damming of the Mekong.

“Why did China take over Tibet?” he rhetorically asks. “It wasn’t because they’re just imperialists. It is because that’s where their water comes from. China is one of the most water-stressed countries in the world because it has 1.5 billion people trying to grow their own food.”

(And people wonder why China is buying dairy farms and the like - it's to ensure that they can feed their population. That's why Mr Gui bought into cattle farming.)

Entire European nations fled their homelands because of a catastrophic Bronze Age drought. Crops failed, year after year. Fires ravaged the landscape. Cities and towns could no longer be fed. Their occupants had no choice but to set out in search of a new land.

“It wasn’t just about wealth accumulation,” Professor Bradshaw says. “It was about subsistence. And when you start to mess with subsistence, people get very concerned for their lives.”

Not that the Middle East was all that better off.

Pollen analysis. Sediment cores. Oxygen-isotopes from cave stalactites. All serve to confirm the onset of a 300-year drought.

(And people here bitch about a drought that goes on for a couple of years.)

Again, written records confirm this. They also point to the strength of international relations.

“I have caused grain to be taken in ships, to keep alive this land of Hatti,” Pharaoh Merneptah proclaimed in an inscription. This was international disaster relief.

“It is a matter of life or death!” the Hittite king appealed to Ugarit over an urgent shipment of barley.

Kings ruled by the strength of bronze. Magnates grew wealthy mining and transporting its components (sound familiar?). A vast array of supporting and complementary trade grew up around it all.

But, then, as now, came technological disruption.

Then, it was iron.

The elites in their Bronze Age palaces saw the value of their trade fall away. Their diplomatic influence waned. They saw a rapid proliferation of arms beyond their own loyal soldiers.

(This is what will happen with artificial intelligence. As AI ramps up, people who were employed to do tasks that don't require any form of creativity and are solely based on logic will get replaced, and in doing so, those who base their wealth on that pyramid of power will find that their power base crumbles.)

It was a similar story for international trading corporations. Their monopolies were becoming worthless. They could no longer pay proper wages. And then there was the raiding Sea Peoples.

When you’ve got refugees flooding into a system that has more resources, there’s more competition, or at least even the perception of competition,” Professor Bradshaw says.

When there’s more competition for fewer resources, you’re going to get more entrenched views, both left and right. It works both ways. And, therefore, there is conflict.

When Ramses III took the throne in 1184BC, Egypt was under siege. Trade routes were falling, one by one. The neighbouring Libyans were probing his borders. Then, in 1177BC, the greatest assembly of Sea Peoples yet appeared off the coast.

In the Battle of the Delta, Ramses III won a comprehensive victory.

Egypt stood firm.

But it was not without cost. Ramses lost control of Canaan to tribes that would become known as the Philistines. And Egypt’s economy was gutted.

It no longer had easy access to goods it did not possess itself. Standards of living inevitably fell.

Over the next century, the once-great superpower steadily crumbled into dust.

The Sea People’s didn’t destroy everything. Disgruntled populations took care of the rest.

The biblical city of Megiddo — also known as Armageddon — was one of the very last to fall, sometime around 1130BC. It was a cosmopolitan city, with trade goods found there from far afield.

But the good life was well and truly over by 1130BC. Mycenae was no more. The Hittites had fallen. Ugarit was in ruins. Egypt was mortally wounded.

The networks that had sustained Megiddo’s economy had collapsed. So, the social contract between the population and their rulers broke down.

The priests and kings were supposed to intercede with the gods for rain. They were supposed to repel invaders.

Since they were achieving neither, what need was there for such a governing class?

(I've often said that if we were living a few centuries earlier but with the same conditions, a revolution would have happened a long time ago. People are accepting of governments because they provide the illusion of safety and control. But as resources become more scarce, that protection shatters. If you want to know why Australia is ramping up defence spending to the tune of $600 billion, and why submarines and air warfare destroyers are important...this is why.)

“I’m actually very concerned,” Professor Bradshaw says. “I have a 12-year-old daughter. Is she going to experience major war and conflict that directly threatens her? Is she going to have to live under siege, with World War II kind of scarcity of resources? Is she going to have to live with the threat of bombs being dropped every day?

“I suspect that’s going to be ultimately what happens. It’s a quest for the last remaining resources, and the strongest will prevail.”

Some people think a collapse is World War III and people eating each other in the streets, whereas, at the other extreme definition, collapse is just a continuous recession.

And that, he says, is the choice we now face.

The world overstretched. And the more we stretch it, the harder it will snap back.

“You have to agree that there is a problem and we need to fix it,” he says. “It’s our fault. Yes, we did it … We’ve got to give our children the tools to be able to get out of it. And that’s why being entrenched with particular ideologies is being most unfair to the next generation. That’s the worst part for me.”

The effort it takes to acquire resources is getting exponentially larger simply because we’ve used up all the easy stuff,” Professor Bradshaw says. “Yes, and technology can help to a certain extent. But every additional human being makes it exponentially harder to provide those resources for that same standard of living.

We might be able to support — at a Mexican standard of living — about three and a half billion people. But since we’re way past seven, now, the idea of stabilising the population is just a non-starter.

That’s the core of the problem. Too much consumption. And our capacity to sustain this population is contracting.

“It’s got to be shrunk, and it’s got to be shrunk humanely. The way to shrink it humanely to start is to give absolutely full opportunity, full legal rights and so on to women everywhere and make sure that everybody has modern contraception and safe backup abortion. That’s just ground zero. If you don’t believe in that, then you’re just saying, OK, leave it to our great-grandchildren to pay the full price.

(This is why countries in South America are clearing rainforests for farmland. This is why Trump was talking about building a wall on the Mexican border. They can see the coming apocalypse and are desperately trying to stop the inevitable flood of starving refugees that will overtax the already strained environment.)

Of course, no one will actually tell you this is the reason why they are doing these things, because they don't want to create a panic.

I'm not a population loon. I personally think the earth can sustain more than the amount of people it has at the moment, but it requires farmers to be able to let the land regenerate the minerals and vitamins that are soaked up by their crops instead of planting the same crops every year based on what makes the most money.

It requires a different mindset to the one we are currently in. Altruistic communism, if you will.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Come to the Yabba it has infrastructure to support double its current population.

Wait no it doesn't any more the government is killing in the name of urbanisation. Who needs water when it can be flushed away or allocated to irrigators growing non essential items?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone had already coined the term 'altruistic communism' before me. And of course, it's related to Kabbalah:

"The altruistic communism is based on laws that we study, not from the legacy of Karl Marx, but from The Study of the Ten Sefirot that describes the interaction between the Lights and the vessels. After all, the vessel and the Light have to be in adhesion. What are the necessary conditions for that?

In general, the law of similarity or equivalence of form (=) operates here between the two desires: the desire to receive and the desire to bestow. To resemble the desire to bestow, the desire to receive has to perform the First Restriction (Tzimtzum Aleph –TA), after which it doesn’t want to receive anything for itself. Then it reaches the level of Hafetz Hesed, and afterwards the level of to receive in order to bestow.

Today, after the shattering, the group is built of individual parts. Which laws should operate in it so that we will be able to reach an equivalence of form? How can we make a contract with the Creator so that He will lead us to adhesion? If we think about it, we will see that it’s about the same conditions described in Kabbalah books. There are three factors involved here: the desire to bestow, the desire to be adhered, and the equivalence between them. There is nothing but that.

1575083419635.png

The desire to bestow (1) is constant (const) as is the desire to receive (2). The third factor is a variable called Masach (screen).

It’s so simple! If only we weren’t blinded by our ego, because of which we don’t want to see the truth."

Or in other words, "There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving."

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can anyone please clarify something for me? When a retailer asks at point of sale whether you’d like to donate a small sum to charity, sometimes the companies own, does this $$ count as an offset to the company? No receipt is offered, not that I’ve ever seen it though. Seems everywhere now has a tap point at pos.

Can anyone please clarify something for me? When a retailer asks at point of sale whether you’d like to donate a small sum to charity, sometimes the companies own, does this $$ count as an offset to the company? No receipt is offered, not that I’ve ever seen it though. Seems everywhere now has a tap point at pos.

I’ve just asked the bride, will report back.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
How very Perth...

1575084570101.png

He has attracted his own share of frenzied media attention outside WA courts over the years.
But not even Ben Cousins’ legal troubles have captivated the State quite like the trial of accused Claremont serial killer Bradley Robert Edwards.
In a total coincidence this week, the former West Coast Eagles captain was spotted picking up takeaway food just metres from where the Claremont trial is taking place.
Dressed casually in cargo shorts and a T-shirt, Cousins was seen talking on the phone opposite the District Court building in East Perth, before getting into a car with a mystery woman.

1575084492326.png

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How very Perth...

View attachment 787154

He has attracted his own share of frenzied media attention outside WA courts over the years.
But not even Ben Cousins’ legal troubles have captivated the State quite like the trial of accused Claremont serial killer Bradley Robert Edwards.
In a total coincidence this week, the former West Coast Eagles captain was spotted picking up takeaway food just metres from where the Claremont trial is taking place.
Dressed casually in cargo shorts and a T-shirt, Cousins was seen talking on the phone opposite the District Court building in East Perth, before getting into a car with a mystery woman.

View attachment 787153

Lol. Man buys food wearing clothes.

Population isn't a problem.

Consumption is. Greed is. Population growth in inappropriate environments is. Standing in the way of nature correcting itself is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Food wastage is rife

Anyone ever had a dream where they were performing a ritual involving a jewelled orb with a cross on top of it on the roof of a castle with three armies attempting to attack it?

Apparently the orb signifies the celestial sphere of the heavens and the cross signifies god’s dominion over them.

Odd.

Ah, apparently today is my Breakthrough Day and my Galactic Tone day on the Mayan calendar. That would explain it:

Breakthrough Day
Today is your Breakthrough Day.

Today is a turning point of your spiritual growth. You can connect deeply with your life purpose and create a major breakthrough. Today, life is extremely meaningful to you. By understanding your soul and self, you can greatly advance in your spiritually.

What you are living today tells you about your life purpose and why you were born into your sign. You are also given messages and signs that remind you of your spiritual essence. These messages may come to you in various ways such as visions, intuition, dreams, symbols, something you read, in a conversation with someone, in a moment of decision, etc... The universe can give you a message in any way today and when it does, it is a good idea to take some time to reflect on it by meditating, taking a retreat, going in to nature etc... The least you can do is spend a few minutes to reflect on what message you have received today before going to sleep. Do this with the awareness that you have received something valuable and meaningful in your life that can make a difference.

Today is the day to correct your course of your life. If you are not living a life that serves your life purpose, the universe may try to steer you on to the right route and this can bring some painful lessons. But if you know your route, you can go a long way using the energy of today.

An ideal way to start your day is to listen to your intuition and create new beginnings. Start anything that will be good for your soul like a new job, project, education, hobby or relationship. To create new intentions and make important decisions about your life is very beneficial for you. Any new beginning you make today will be fully supported by the universe. It is an ideal day to receive advice, counseling or healing.

Galactic Tone Day
The tone energy you are born in to is very active today. The 4 energy features are coming out and getting stronger within you. You can understand your 4 capabilities and see your place in the big picture.

Today, be aware of the how you radiate your energy towards the people and the universe. How are you reflecting your 4 energy? Today you can better understand your place and your contributions to society.

From Coles POV

If you donate at point of sale at Coles it goes directly to the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund to support bush fire effected areas and farmers affected by drought. You can obtain a tax deductible receipt if you ask, and the money donated complements to donations that Coles makes to the Fund.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From Coles POV

If you donate at point of sale at Coles it goes directly to the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund to support bush fire effected areas and farmers affected by drought. You can obtain a tax deductible receipt if you ask, and the money donated complements to donations that Coles makes to the Fund.
What does complements mean in this situation? Does it mean that Coles can claim your donation in with their own to give them an inflated donation amount making them look like an impressive philanthropic organisation or does it mean they will match those donations?

What does complements mean in this situation? Does it mean that Coles can claim your donation in with their own to give them an inflated donation amount making them look like an impressive philanthropic organisation or does it mean they will match those donations?

* I don’t know and I can’t ask the bride because she’ll say come home from the pub

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Even the most vivid dreams tend to evaporate from my mind in 5 minutes I think recalling amazing detail is probably an adding mayo element to create importance.

Also if you are a slob rent an old house with really loud carpet so you can get away with not vacuuming much.

Even the most vivid dreams tend to evaporate from my mind in 5 minutes I think recalling amazing detail is probably an adding mayo element to create importance.

If you want amazing detail AND little importance - later on in the dream I realised that I was actually dreaming and the scene shifted to a real world situation where I was driving down Sir Donald Bradman Drive to the airport to catch a flight to the US and on the radio someone was talking about how the iPhone is now seen as a status symbol due to its cost and how when he went out to dinner people couldn't believe he had one because everyone now had Chinese phones due to them being cheaper. And then I was like 's**t, did I remember to bring my passport?' and thankfully, I had.

It was the sort of thing that I can imagine actually happening in the future.

Just arrived home after 2 weeks in Japan. Absoloutely loved it, best experience of my life.

However nothing beats sitting down on your own toilet.

While I agree with your last point to a degree, no one overthinks toileting like the Japanese.

A temperature and pressure controlled squirt aimed right at your ring piece after a big night of miso-infused delicacies and pristine, distilled libations is something everyone needs to experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back