Discussion Which Sainters live nearest/furthest from Docklands and Moorabbin?

Remove this Banner Ad

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
What's the location of the Saints family on Big Footy? Can anyone beat me for being further away from the club's base, and who is nearest i.e. open your door and you can see the players training?

It's a role reversal for the Aussie Manchester United fans :D. A bit of fun, which Sainters win the nearest and furthest awards?

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I'm in Armadale - 11.4km from Marvel Stadium and 11.2km from Moorabbin - smack bang in the middle :moustache:

Funnily enough Paddy McCartin lives up the road from me too.

A massive 11 Kms from the club? Glory hunter, George. Something which has never been said to any Saints fan ever :tearsofjoy:

I'm 16,962 Kms away. There's the challenge.....

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
A massive 11 Kms from the club? Glory hunter, George. Something which has never been said to any Saints fan ever :tearsofjoy:

I'm tipping you win this one brother

I'm in Highton in Geelong.

81km to Etihad
97km to Moorabbin

Grew up 350km from Melb. The only other Sainter I knew outside my family back then was......

Michael Frost

Last edited:

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
49km to Marvel
34km to Moorabbin

Out Berwick way

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I'm tipping you win this one brother

I'm in Highton in Geelong.

81km to Etihad
97km to Moorabbin

Grew up 350km from Melb. The only other Sainter I knew outside my family back then was......

Michael Frost

Who is Michael Frost??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3580 kilometres. Drove it once to catch a game and it was such an awesome trip. We were based out at Seaford at the time and visiting Moorabbin was a little underwhelming. Still it is one of my favourite holiday adventures, with lots of enduring memories. Australia is so beautiful. When the new Moorabbin facility is built I'm going to do it again

Grew up in Patterson, 1.8 kms from the Moorabbin Oval. About a 15 - 20 minute walk to the game. Walk home would take between 30 - 240 minutes depending on amount of beers consumed and whether or not my cranial GPS was working as I exited the legendary oval.

Like Kegs I am now domiciled in a suburb of Geelong which puts me 73 kms from Marvel Stadium and 87 kms from RSEA Park (Moorabbin).

Match day travel is now via regional rail with takes just over an hour.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC

Pfffff.

According to the internet my nearest airport and Moorabbin airport are 17,128km apart, plus 9kms from Moorabbin airport to the club and 12km from my home to the airport.

17,149km.

It's a bit easier to get to Marvel, thankfully. A mere 17,121km.

At about 9700kms away, that match in Shanghai has to be considered my home game!

The closest I have ever lived to the club was the 17km between it and my house in Richmond North/North Richmond, not that I visited the eastern suburbs much. The closest I've lived to Docklands was the 4km I used to regularly ride on my bike between my share house in Carlton and the Docklands. As s**t as the stadium was when it was built, that bike ride was a lot better than catching the train out to bloody Glen Waverley!

Last edited:

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Actually, I think the measurement system MUFKilda used was different to mine, France is definitely closer to Melbourne than the north west of England!

Pfffff.

According to the internet my nearest airport and Moorabbin airport are 17,128km apart, plus 9kms from Moorabbin airport to the club and 12km from my home to the airport.

17,149km.

It's a bit easier to get to Marvel, thankfully. A mere 17,121km.

At about 9700kms away, that match in Shanghai has to be considered my home game!

The closest I have ever lived to the club was the 17km between it and my house in Richmond North/North Richmond, not that I visited the eastern suburbs much. The closest I've lived to Docklands was the 4km I used to regularly ride on my bike between my share house in Carlton and the Docklands. As s**t as the stadium was when it was built, that bike ride was a lot better than catching the train out to bloody Glen Waverley!

Having driven to the airport there on the ring road, It takes longer to drive 20kms in peak hour than it does to fly to Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back