Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just come back from the shops and getting into the carpark was a nightmare because SUV soccer mum deliberately oblivious to the queue and blasting horns was waiting for a couple in the very first bay to pack their gear into car, stow the pram and then put kids into car seat. Find another ******* bay

Im presuming she is still waiting because every car was in the end going around her and they wouldn’t have been able to get out

And car parks truly are horrendous- all road laws go out the fking window and its every man for themselves.

I remember i had a shift starting at 2pm at HP, so i got there at 1pm. Found a car park at 1.55pm. I had to just yell out to a woman walking out the doors and trail her- saying to her i bags her spot.

Does anyone else remember Road Rash? That was a great Sega mega drive game from the 90s, it was like a motorbike racing/fighting game.

You didn't just race against your opponents, you could kick and punch them and use weapons, like NBA Jam it was totally unrealistic but a lot of fun.

A few pages late but did anyone mention the car arcade game....

‘Daytona USA’

My niece had her “kitchen tea” at Timezone - booked the whole centre out and one really great memory was all us “oldies” sitting in the race cars racing each other. Road rage long before it was fashionable 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My niece had her “kitchen tea” at Timezone - booked the whole centre out and one really great memory was all us “oldies” sitting in the race cars racing each other. Road rage long before it was fashionable 😂

Daytona my no1 game.
Air hockey my go to no2 game.

Then maybe Deal or No deal, but would play that only very rarely.

Worst racing car game I ever played was the Playstation Paris to Dakar Rally.

I played other rally car games which were exciting as you were driving through forests with with a navigator telling you to go left or right.

The Paris to Dakar Rally game you were driving on your own through sand dunes where it was hard to even tell where the track was and you'd spend half your time getting lost and bogged off track.

It was realistic to what it would be like in the actual Paris to Dakar Rally but it was a boring game to play, I would not recommend that game to anyone.

When Trainz railway simulator came out, it had a WA iron ore line from Cape Lambert to Pannawonica. 120 ore cars, 12000 tons, 200km of watching the same low brown hills and stunted bushes and spinifex go past for two and a half hours. Very realistic but the most pointless and boring exercise ever committed to silicon. The only way I could get through it was to hold the shift key for "developer mode" and whiz through at 10x speed. Must have given some trainspotter a hardon because they released a 75km extension a couple of years later.

Putting toys together for the kids. Grinds my gears to no end when trying to read the bloody instructions and having pieces that don't sit right. Especially knowing too well that the kids will only play with them for a month max before they gather dust.

Also to people who buy them for my kids: If you buy em, bloody put them together yourself and bring them over.

Does anyone else remember Road Rash? That was a great Sega mega drive game from the 90s, it was like a motorbike racing/fighting game.

You didn't just race against your opponents, you could kick and punch them and use weapons, like NBA Jam it was totally unrealistic but a lot of fun.

Yeah, it was very difficult to play as a 7/8 year old.

This is about all that was available to me in the late 1970s, I remember going to the Camp Hill pub in Brisbane and thinking gee what amazing technology... what will they think of next.
PlasticGenuineFawn-size_restricted.gif

This is about all that was available to me in the late 1970s, I remember going to the Camp Hill pub in Brisbane and thinking gee what amazing technology... what will they think of next.
PlasticGenuineFawn-size_restricted.gif

Space invaders was great. I got srsly addicted to it circa 1988 whilst on a family holiday to Merimbula

Space invaders was great. I got srsly addicted to it circa 1988 whilst on a family holiday to Merimbula
Did your dad put on the knee high socks with his shorts to get into the RSL for the $5.50 roast ?

We always packed the knee high socks when we went
It was a great value roast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back