Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get a copy of the Round 14 1994 Footy Budget for work (long story) and I saw something interesting on this page, can you see it too?

Tyson Edwards and Matty Nicks played together in the West Adelaide reserves... and this 25 year old relationship will deliver a father/son to us next year!

View attachment 782976
Last name for Westies league also interesting

I had to get a copy of the Round 14 1994 Footy Budget for work (long story) and I saw something interesting on this page, can you see it too?

Tyson Edwards and Matty Nicks played together in the West Adelaide reserves... and this 25 year old relationship will deliver a father/son to us next year!

View attachment 782976

In deference to those who have not yet solved the puzzle, I'll put my response in a spoiler:

I find it faintly disturbing that a 25 year relationship between Tyson Edwards and Matty Nicks will deliver a father/son to us next year.

View attachment 782976

How did Aaron Keating actually end up at South’s reserves? His football career and how it managed to progress to Norwood’s league side & to AFL level just because he was over 200cm tall is still remarkable/dumbfounding 20 odd years later

I hope the club lays off the promotion of Nicks as a good bloke trying to build relationships, we get it.

Footage of him talking to McAsey’s parents, Schoenberg coming into his office “this is where you’ll come to talk about footy and life”. Fagan then tweets it’s and focuses on the “life” part.

Just let it happen naturally behind the scenes, we don’t need to see it, otherwise it looks staged and it’s more about the club trying to sell itself.

I hope the club lays off the promotion of Nicks as a good bloke trying to build relationships, we get it.

Footage of him talking to McAsey’s parents, Schoenberg coming into his office “this is where you’ll come to talk about footy and life”. Fagan then tweets it’s and focuses on the “life” part.

Just let it happen naturally behind the scenes, we don’t need to see it, otherwise it looks staged and it’s more about the club trying to sell itself.
They need to do it, in today world, it gets them clicks.
They also need to sell it to the supporters, to the sponsors both existing and potential new one.
Play this right and they can garner extra sponsorship on the Coaches clothing,

They need to do it, in today world, it gets them clicks.
They also need to sell it to the supporters, to the sponsors both existing and potential new one.
Play this right and they can garner extra sponsorship on the Coaches clothing,
Retaining players and coaches is what they need to do. That’s what they should be worried about. Less spin, become an authentic club not a club that worries about “clicks”.

Exactly what it is

Retaining players and coaches is what they need to do. That’s what they should be worried about. Less spin, become an authentic club not a club that worries about “clicks”.
It take money to become a successful AFL club, without it Team have no Hope.
Today Click equal money. More Sponsors equals money.
Think about this New Coach clean shirt plenty of room for coaching sponsor before the season starts.
Makes sense to push his strengths before the season starts.
Also, Name 1 authentic club that does not push their coach and does not worry about Clicks today.

It take money to become a successful AFL club, without it Team have no Hope.
Today Click equal money. More Sponsors equals money.
Think about this New Coach clean shirt plenty of room for coaching sponsor before the season starts.
Makes sense to push his strengths before the season starts.
Also, Name 1 authentic club that does not push their coach and does not worry about Clicks today.
Short of cash are we?

Interestingly, just had a look at Freos twitter since the draft, besides a few photos of Longmuir with the new players, no “behind the scenes” videos trying to stage a message.

That’s one club. Can you find some clubs that have done similar to us?

Nicks cant control the clicks

If that is him , and it comes across that way , then good on Nicks for the engagement

But the moment he starts talking about driving his Toyota to Bendigo Bank to get a loan to buy some Victory Roofing is when I will complain

If that is him , and it comes across that way , then good on Nicks for the engagement

But the moment he starts talking about driving his Toyota to Bendigo Bank to get a loan to buy some Victory Roofing is when I will complain
No one has asked Nicks too, I said we should keep that behind closed doors, it’s the club who are filming it and publishing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t care about the promotion, but I do care about the substance

If my new manager introduces his office that way, I am immediately thinking this guy is a total fraud and how close is the nearest exit

He can if he changes his name to Matthew Clicks

I don’t care about the promotion, but I do care about the substance

If my new manager introduces his office that way, I am immediately thinking this guy is a total fraud and how close is the nearest exit
Be careful, you will be labelled

Short of cash are we?

Interestingly, just had a look at Freos twitter since the draft, besides a few photos of Longmuir with the new players, no “behind the scenes” videos trying to stage a message.

That’s one club. Can you find some clubs that have done similar to us?
Collingwood, Hawks, Richmond, Geelong. they all promote the Coach and team, all in differant ways but it a good practice.
And Freo do promote there coach.

Also, you do understand the club is looking at spending big bucks on a new training centre, so every chance they get they should be promoting the club promoting the coach.

Why the argument, promoting your team and Coach make sense.

All of this club media feed on Nicks being Captain Caring is reminding me of all the “everyone is so happy” stuff from last PS.

Just get on with it
With hindsight I can’t believe I fell for that lie. We were more interested in fixing the perception than we were in fixing the reality.

With hindsight I can’t believe I fell for that lie. We were more interested in fixing the perception than we were in fixing the reality.
Pyke honestly tried, but there was too much poison through the club (some of which he willingly tied himself to) for it to really do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back