Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

In the end it’s hard to pick winners and losers. I like what Carlton Freo GWS Tigers GCS did with their selections. St Kilda with its trades and then picks don’t inspire me at all. Wasn’t fussed on Melbourne or Essendon either. JMO

In the end it’s hard to pick winners and losers. I like what Carlton Freo GWS Tigers GCS did with their selections. St Kilda with its trades and then picks don’t inspire me at all. Wasn’t fussed on Melbourne or Essendon either. JMO
This is what I called a good post. You don't need to criticise other team every single times.

Consider changing your name.

What are you on about..I haven’t read anywhere on this thread CFC supporters are hung up about what transpired between GWS and Cats.
It’s a free market, two party discussion,an agreement is reach between clubs and we move on.
It’s not rocket science.
I would if I could. It doesn't bother me it's a username on a forum ffs.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

I think Carlton big winners as well as Freo.

From the vision I think Kemp is top 3 assuming recovers and Philp could be a great.

Philp reminds me of Swan and KB but obviously has to improve to make it
I agree in the overall draft.
Betts, Newnes, Stocker, Martin, Kemp and Philip is a good mix of new and experience...barring any physical issues Kemp will be a 150+ player..fearless, confident, explosive and intimidating...a mix of Bont and D. Martin.

I agree in the overall draft.
Betts, Newnes, Stocker, Martin, Kemp and Philip is a good mix of new and experience...barring any physical issues Kemp will be a 150+ player..fearless, confident, explosive and intimidating...a mix of Bont and D. Martin.
Wow mix of Bont and Martin I getting jelly now maybe add in cripps also.

green is richmond boy yet gws get him almost for free, cause his dad in army...
He did spend 6 years in the academy, wasn't like he just came to a training session whilst passing through.

We've been banking extra money for the last 3 years. We didn't land Conglio or Papley so had to spend it. Betts is cheap and Martin gets most of his contract up front. We now have lots of SC room in years to come. Club are extremely happy and so are most of its supporters
Or you could’ve restructured existing player contracts, not wasted money on Martin, and had even more to land bigger fish in next couple of years.
but hey, if you’re happy with the clubs position, I am too.
& btw, I don’t think the club are happy. Your list manager and favorite son has just been shown the door...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or you could’ve restructured existing player contracts, not wasted money on Martin, and had even more to land bigger fish in next couple of years.
but hey, if you’re happy with the clubs position, I am too.
& btw, I don’t think the club are happy. Your list manager and favorite son has just been shown the door...

Already have and have been banking money for 2-3 years. That’s good list management and we still have space to bring in a Papley or Similar next year. We chased Martin for 2 years. Club and most supporters are very happy as he fills several needs.

Internally the club is happy and run well. Great people now. Finally. As for SOS he hasn’t been shown the door at all. That is incorrect

Feel a bit sorry for Brisbane, their academy had been pillaged. And apparently no club is allowed to bid on any player in Gold Coast's Darwin academy zone that the Suns want.

AFL making up rules as they go

yeah nah, the AFL did the same with Brisbane when they won their three-peat, they have always manipulated the competition to get their desired results

Based on??? Think optimistic speculation

Isn’t that what all talk about young players is?

I have watched our young group very closely over the past 5 years and a I see incredible talent and depth.

Silvagni x 2
Dow
O’Brien
SPS
Kennedy
Cripps
McKay
Stocker
Cuningham
DeKoning
Fisher
Setterfield
Walsh
Gibbons
Kemp
Philp
Ramsey
Weitering
Marchbank
Charlie
Williamson
Cottrell

Some won’t make it but most will and there are 4-5 that could be elite

Very happy with what we did (Giants) at the draft. Freo and the Suns clearly smashed it. Obviously all had a strong position going in.
From those without the magic hands in the draft, I like what Sydney did, and Collingwood have to be over the moon with what they got.
As for losers, questioning Wells seems silly, I loved the trade, didn't like his selections. Thought Port went high risk with it's selections which may pay off. I didn't like the North selections either.

All that said, we are all speculating and won't know for a couple of years, but speculating is fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back