news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

got to feel for Ngannou, not sure why hes being denied a title shot. He clearly deserves it, DC definitely avoided that fight when he had the belt maybe Stipe is too. Seems like a genuine bloke too does Francis.

Stipe destroyed Francis.
Stipe v Cormier trilogy makes sense.
There last fight was only 4 months ago and Stipe is recovering from eye injury.

Francis has been asking the ufc for a fight for months now though once realising he isn’t getting a title shot.
Wants to fight Volkov who seems disinterested (scared)
Looking highly likely he will fight Rozenstruik in April on the Khabib/Ferguson card.

Stipe destroyed Francis.
Stipe v Cormier trilogy makes sense.
There last fight was only 4 months ago and Stipe is recovering from eye injury.

Francis has been asking the ufc for a fight for months now though once realising he isn’t getting a title shot.
Wants to fight Volkov who seems disinterested (scared)
Looking highly likely he will fight Rozenstruik in April on the Khabib/Ferguson card.

Ngannou would be up for manslaughter against Rozen. That dude is pretty unimpressive but I guess the HW division is pretty weak right now so there aint much else for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozenstruik/Ngannou announced. March, main events a fight night card
They really waste draw cards. Ngannou could be a PPV headliner without a belt if they promoted him properly...

Seriously considering taking a loan out to wager on Francis if the price is right.
This one will not end up well for Rozen. An angry, title-shot denied Francis is going to blast him back to Suriname

Rozenstruik/Ngannou announced. March, main events a fight night card
They really waste draw cards. Ngannou could be a PPV headliner without a belt if they promoted him properly...
I don't mind it. At least they're keeping him active. Unless theres a belt on the line, it would be tough to part with $50 for this fight.

Until Stipe vs. DC is resolved, he won't be getting another shot at the title. The best UFC can do until then is keep building his resume with highlight reel KOs.

Seriously considering taking a loan out to wager on Francis if the price is right.
This one will not end up well for Rozen. An angry, title-shot denied Francis is going to blast him back to Suriname
I wouldn't bet above -300 tbh. Its HW and both have power and Rozen wont have to defend TDs this time. Obviously Frankie Murder should win but I wouldn't go crazy with big bets unless the price is way off and it wont be imo

I don't mind it. At least they're keeping him active. Unless theres a belt on the line, it would be tough to part with $50 for this fight.

Until Stipe vs. DC is resolved, he won't be getting another shot at the title. The best UFC can do until then is keep building his resume with highlight reel KOs.
Just because thats what they do doesnt mean its done well. Ngannou if promoted properly would sell more than Usman, Cejudo, any wmma title fights. Honestly probably outsells Max and Rob when he was champ

The UFC just dont promote individuals, they promote their brand. Ngannou could have been huge, they screwed it up in my humble opinion

The UFC just dont promote individuals, they promote their brand. Ngannou could have been huge, they screwed it up in my humble opinion

Strongly disagree.
They spent the whole build up for the fight against Miocic building him up as a unstoppable beast.

He got destroyed for 4 and a half rounds.
Then lost to Derrick Lewis one of the worst fights in recent years.

This was just over 12 months ago.

Strongly disagree.
They spent the whole build up for the fight against Miocic building him up as a unstoppable beast.

You can sell a rebuild, look at AJ in the boxing. UFC are more interested in promoting the UFC brand than they are promoting their fighters

Strongly disagree.

I struggle to see what more they could do with Ngannou. He's not a talker in the McGregor/Covington mold, so they gave him fights against relevant but beatable guys to build him up to a title shot. A lot of people expected him to blow right through Stipe and the promotion for that card was strongly centered on him from memory. The Lewis fight was supposed to be a stepping stone straight back to contention and he completely sh*t the bed. Since that, he's had three fights, two of which were against legends the other against another young guy in the top 10 and he's blown through them in about 2 and a half minutes combined. Now they're matching him against a guy who is 4-0 in the UFC with 4 KO's in what is likely a title eliminator.

I'm happy to call the UFC on their bullsh*t when I see it, but I can't see where they've dropped the ball with Ngannou.

I don’t think the UFC would be bothered if Francis just waited it out and he should walk into a title shot after pummelling his last three in absolutely glorious fashion. It’s just kinda bad timing for him with this DC Stipe thing.

But he really wants to fight so they’re gonna give him this one anyway. Apparently he was gonna headline UFC France but maybe it’s late year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back