2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Snoop dog is the only one worth anything. Knightmare produces a lot of content and if you want to kill some time leading into the draft it’s an all right read. Chris is a SA fanboy, take anything he posts from that perspective as he’s usually miles away in his rankings but his profiles are a good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find Knightmare to be wrong more times than right, but I do recall him saying Ralphsmith was very ordinary before the draft, so he probably didn’t consider him a “slider”.

Watch the 1st half of Vic M v Vic C at the G this year. Dow played on Anderson and gave him a bath

Knightmare must be like Brad Johnson and not be able to see Richrond young guns when on the ground

Knightmare is a good description of his assessments. Plenty better. Bishop, Weaver was ok, Quayle eventually got good after a few early mis fires and deserved a job at gws, and others.

It’s all subjective but he’s plain ordinary.

Interesting how Knightmare said we reached for Dow but then didn't priase the selection of Ralphsmith who slipped quite a way to our pick.
I think Knightmate is a victim of his own notoriety. Obviously does a s**t lot of research however IMO places to much emphasis upon continual effort when assessing kids rather than the elite glimpses a kid may show . Whilst also being harsh on when a kid has a stinker . The variation on the system and circumstances kids have in the year prior to the draft is immense and unfortunately often overlooked .

I think Knightmate is a victim of his own notoriety. Obviously does a s**t lot of research however IMO places to much emphasis upon continual effort when assessing kids rather than the elite glimpses a kid may show . Whilst also being harsh on when a kid has a stinker . The variation on the system and circumstances kids have in the year prior to the draft is immense and unfortunately often overlooked .
well summed up mate.
I admire anyone like KM who puts their cahoonas on the line.
he obvioulsy knows his stuff.
ust shows the draft is totally random and the last picked bloke could be better than the first picked.
s**t we had 7 rookie players in our premiership side this year.
Let that sink in for a sec.

Maurice rioli junior best on ground with many big tackles,high impact pressure,kicked a couple of goals.View attachment 787283
Cant wait to see him in a tigers jumper, I reckon he will bring out the best in Daniel aswell with abit of competition or enjoyment of playing together.

Maurice rioli junior best on ground with many big tackles,high impact pressure,kicked a couple of goals.View attachment 787283
One of my mates young bloke played in the losing side against Junior.
Said he was very good.
Young fella (my mate's young bloke) was also very good for a team that got flogged.

Interesting how Knightmare said we reached for Dow but then didn't priase the selection of Ralphsmith who slipped quite a way to our pick.

most so called phantom drafters have no clue...just like most of us ..

.look at all those highly rated picks that will now play in secondary leagues whilst so many clubs year after year had ‘speculative picks’
Speculative by whose standard?
I trust my club to know their s**t not righteous flogs here or in the media who think their s**t doesn’t stink

when KM is held to scrutiny, he goes AWOL...like so many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a passion for the guy so good on him, but he gets more wrong than right. Look at his thread on the Collingwood board where he compares his Collingwood picks to the actual ones. Horrendous.

His underrating of Dow (along with many media) is primarily Thompson not performing on the biggest stage consistently. I doubt they travelled out to any of Dows school games.

I’m not pumping Thompson up by the way, I know little about him. But I know that the amount of time they put into him was significant and from hearing the process they go through, fully back our recruiters to make the right calls.

It’s a passion for the guy so good on him, but he gets more wrong than right. Look at his thread on the Collingwood board where he compares his Collingwood picks to the actual ones. Horrendous.

His underrating of Dow (along with many media) is primarily Thompson not performing on the biggest stage consistently. I doubt they travelled out to any of Dows school games.

I’m not pumping Thompson up by the way, I know little about him. But I know that the amount of time they put into him was significant and from hearing the process they go through, fully back our recruiters to make the right calls.
knightmare also said stack is a poor mans petrevski seton

This article lists the clubs with SPP/Mid Season draft spots available and we're not on it.

FWIW the clubs with spots open are:
Adelaide
Collingwood
Essendon x 2
GWS
Hawthorn
Melbourne x 2
West Coast
No DES is a CatB rookie, but the club choosing not to fill the vacant spot in the Rookie Draft or SSP

well summed up mate.
I admire anyone like KM who puts their cahoonas on the line.
he obvioulsy knows his stuff.
ust shows the draft is totally random and the last picked bloke could be better than the first picked.
s**t we had 7 rookie players in our premiership side this year.
Let that sink in for a sec.

my only issue was every year one result was always predictable - the pies were always the one team who killed the draft. His stuff is pretty good, as long as you ignore his collingwood blinkers

No DES is a CatB rookie, but the club choosing not to fill the vacant spot in the Rookie Draft or SSP
If he was Cat B we would have had the spot allocated to us, like Melbourne had their 2 spots allocated to them in the Rookie draft to pass on, but we weren't. Also being a Cat B rookie would stop him from being selected to play unless we had a long term injury. By changing him to a Cat A rookie we remove that restriction

my only issue was every year one result was always predictable - the pies were always the one team who killed the draft. His stuff is pretty good, as long as you ignore his collingwood blinkers
It's also amusing guys like Bucky say Gold Coast & GWS drafted well. GC we gifted pick 1 as well as the pick 2 they earned & the academy rorting system gifted GWS a 2nd top 10 pick so of course they were always going to win the Draft!

Are “big bodied mids” the most overrated player profile in the game at the moment?
Not good ones they are gold (Bont,Fyfe,Cripps) When you have one they make a difference to centre clearances and point of difference in the rotations
Hopefully Ross,RCD become one of these

Not good ones they are gold (Bont,Fyfe,Cripps) When you have one they make a difference to centre clearances and point of difference in the rotations
Hopefully Ross,RCD become one of these
There are many other attributes that I would prefer over “height” in midfield.

Richmond have convinced me that clearances are overrated. We were 18th in the competition from scoring from stoppages. We won two flags without having a “big bodied mid”. Plus clearances are usually just hack kicks forward.

How many of the best midfielders in the history of the game are over 190cm?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back