List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Something mentioned on Fox Footy, clubs don't normally scout Acadamey players because they know teams will match the bid unless you want to Troll like SOS

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Something mentioned on Fox Footy, clubs don't normally scout Acadamey players because they know teams will match the bid unless you want to Troll like SOS
Hey Vital, any idea if CCP is likely to get picked up as a rookie or Cat B?
Would be a bit disappointed for the kid if he missed out.

Hey Vital, any idea if CCP is likely to get picked up as a rookie or Cat B?
Would be a bit disappointed for the kid if he missed out.
He wasn't nominated by us since i haven't been able to find the information

He is likely to be part of Footscray NGA List next year

Think CCP is a victim of our list being so tight atm and dogs won't have any points to match any bids

CCP does have interest from other clubs in the draft as well

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He wasn't nominated by us since i haven't been able to find the information

He is likely to be part of Footscray NGA List next year

Think CCP is a victim of our list being so tight atm and dogs won't have any points to match any bids

CCP does have interest from other clubs in the draft as well
Be nice to see him running around for Footscray if he doesn't get a shot anywhere else.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Good on SOS I say. Give them nothing.
Yeah not sure he was trolling and dont get the claim therehonestly. He did the right thing. Probably helps that he’s stepping away after this so nobody can hold grudges but nor should they.

if they’re willing to match the bid, they think the kid is worth it. GWS got a bargain and by all accounts, so did Freo.

SOS is maligned a lot (often for good reason) but seems to make some good calls, too.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
My bad, trolling is a misuse word, was more thinking back when Doodro bid on SOS kid so he wouldn't get to rookie draft
Wasn't having a go at you specifically, vital.

Just thought it was strange that a lot of people were saying SOS did the wrong thing by bidding on both boys. If anything, Green should have been far earlier & I thought Liam Henry was about right, too.

Can somebody give me the Cliffs on how this academy situation came about and how players became attached to particular clubs?

The entire thing seems a bit fishy and a bad idea that should be re-though and probably scrapped immediately.

Yes I understand that google is my friend.

Doggstats

Club Legend
May 21, 2011
On the toilet.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
76ers, LA Angels
Can somebody give me the Cliffs on how this academy situation came about and how players became attached to particular clubs?

The entire thing seems a bit fishy and a bad idea that should be re-though and probably scrapped immediately.

Yes I understand that google is my friend.

I'm gonna guess that it came about from Victorian clubs complaining about the Northern academies. And yes, it should be scrapped immediately but only after we get Jamarra from it first.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If The Orange Plastics have a pick before us in next years draft there is more chance Toby Greene wins Australian if the year than them not using it to screw us

Back