• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would still make Ollie our sole captain back him in if he leaves next yr so be it we choose a new captain for 2021. Jonas gives me the shits don't see to many options Lycett if I had to pick 1.

You absolutely can’t allow Wines to be captain after trying to walk out on the the club this year.

Personally after doing that, on top of a garbage year partly brought in by his wakeboarding incident I’d seriously consider starting him out of the side and force him to earn his spot back.
Is that fact is it?

What kind of message does making him captain send ? Ruins his shoulder wakeboarding, gets made co captain. Then trys to walk out on the club 12 months later, after his worst year so we should promote him to sole captain.???
He should of been sole captain this yr I still believe he can lead and get back to his best which is what we need to happen.

Im not renewing my membership this year if Wines stays captain.

How could the club let someone stay captain after trying to force his way out of the club? It send the completely wrong message.
Seriously? Are you 12?

Not deliberately insulting, but do you know how childish that sounds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what have they done that’s been disrespectful?

There's never been a Port Adelaide captain describe our traditions as detrimental and defend a noncommittal attitude to the Port Adelaide cause. Jonas.

Of course they are going to defend the cocaptaincy. I defy any one of us to have responded differently in the same position. Otherwise, what is Jonas really guilty of? Having foot-in-mouth? Being a poor speaker?

What about Wines? His skiing?... Performed before his captaincy. Carlton-gate?... After the season has ended, and unconfirmed in veracity.

I personally think that events have transpired together to make this cocaptaincy become the debacle it is. Some of their own making, but many that are not. The vitriol at times has been over the top, and IMO must be directed at the real culprits.... KKK

Ask the right K about Wines, Carlton, Contact.

Maybe try reading my post in context.

But yes, he did mention five other people of whom only Koch is also on the board. Vanstone was the only board member blamed that isn't the chairman.

The only things I know about Vanstone the director of a football club is that she's an sanfl South supporter, she tweeted that we should stay the course like Peggy O'Neil, and she's been a director for close to Hinkley’s coaching tenure. I'm most concerned about the tweet.

When do players push themselves? The top level of players are coached well to a degree but they have personal drive and elite standards in themselves to get to the top and stay there. Besides Boak, Robbie and Westhoff who amongst our senior group has that drive and determination you can see? The list after those three drops off significantly.

It seems it's always someone or something else's fault with this group. Oh we had ASADA suspensions this year, we've had injuries that year, we're coached by Hinkley, the fans are to hard on us and whatever else has been used and said over 5 years. That's as big of a part of the reason we are middle of the pack, on top of Hinkley. But it's never mentioned.

I never saw Hawthorn in their run whinge about anything, they had elite standards amongst the playing group and in their leaders on field that drove them, on top of Clarkson, ditto Geelong, Sydney were the same.

We've failed in that regard.

Too many average performing players across a few years.

I don't know how he interpreted that as childish to be honest, Wines is literally a child and people don't want to support him being gifted the captaincy, not hard to understand

I don't know how he interpreted that as childish to be honest, Wines is literally a child and people don't want to support him being gifted the captaincy, not hard to understand
Adult decides how to spend own money. More at 11.

Seriously? Are you 12?

I'm just really pissed off at all of Wines BS after him being my favourite player since he was drafted. Has he even had surgery yet?

Last edited:
Seriously? Are you 12?

Its absolutely correct, on the verge of being made captain ruins his shoulder then to make up for that tries to walk out on the club less then 12 months later ?

He had his chance to be captain and s**t on it twice, in the same year.

Even after the post-season survey's and discussions with Matthew Richardson, of course the club will still stick with co-captains.

Ken has the whole club wrapped under his thumb, drinking Coke Zero.

WateryWarmheartedChick-size_restricted.gif

Back