Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say it again.. Soo stoked with this years draft
Warner.. a pure inside mid that tackles, smothers and wins contested footy
Taylor.. x factor forward, seems the skies the limit for this fella
Gould.. has everything our back 6 needs, and seems he could really contribute from round 1
Stephens.. Can do everything in the midfield and do it bloody well
Rowles.. know nothing about, but he got the gig ahead of a few so the recruiters see something there
Mailbaum.. great re-listing, reckon he would've played seniors last year if he didn't do his knee

great job team

Gotta say it again.. Soo stoked with this years draft
Warner.. a pure inside mid that tackles, smothers and wins contested footy
Taylor.. x factor forward, seems the skies the limit for this fella
Gould.. has everything our back 6 needs, and seems he could really contribute from round 1
Stephens.. Can do everything in the midfield and do it bloody well
Rowles.. know nothing about, but he got the gig ahead of a few so the recruiters see something there
Mailbaum.. great re-listing, reckon he would've played seniors last year if he didn't do his knee

great job team

It was interesting reading Richmond's excuse for raiding others academy players. They "strictly apply their player ranking"…. so they say!

Clearly Swans targeted gets, and it was amazing watching the live swaps to achieve it.
Jumping Geelong for Gould was a master stroke. (Not comment on the pick (time will tell) but the desire to get it done)

Also interesting to see the alignment of clubs
Clearly there are some with really good relations (eg Brisbane , Swans helped out, Adelaide helped Swans)
Clearly some bad ones , the team obviously had sour taste with Dildo/ Essendon re the JD fiasco .

Can anyone advise whether there is any truth that Carlton want to, and/or, have pinched Beatson?
Give him a pay rise I say!

Again sensational effort by the whole team. :thumbsu:

Clearly some bad ones , the team obviously had sour taste with Dildo/ Essendon re the JD fiasco .
It seems there's a few clubs who have a bad relationship with dodo.. He had a sour look on his face the entire night and with the exception of a few late pick swaps failed to do any meaningful trades

It seems there's a few clubs who have a bad relationship with dodo.. He had a sour look on his face the entire night and with the exception of a few late pick swaps failed to do any meaningful trades

LOL! I am NO Carlton fan, but they sort of made a lot out of pick 9. (they will stuff it up)
Dildo was offered hypothetically 5 + 9 and passed!!!!!!, for a bloke who is injured and doesn't want to be there any longer than necessary. Then had to watch the goodies all come in. FMD!

1575068425130.png

Reckon we should have traded down and gotten this Shoe and Sharp over DS.
Two players I think will be equally as good if not better going off reviews and the limited tape I've watched.
Time will tell I guess. Hope I am proven wrong.
All the other picks look like value.
Really looking forward to Gould and Warner putting some opposition players on their backside. Those two in and Sinkers back we will be a bruising club to play against.

It was interesting reading Richmond's excuse for raiding others academy players. They "strictly apply their player ranking"…. so they say!

Clearly Swans targeted gets, and it was amazing watching the live swaps to achieve it.
Jumping Geelong for Gould was a master stroke. (Not comment on the pick (time will tell) but the desire to get it done)

Clearly there are some with really good relations (eg Brisbane , Swans helped out, Adelaide helped Swans)

Can anyone advise whether there is any truth that Carlton want to, and/or, have pinched Beatson?

Bombers and a Tigers strategy was interesting. Both came into the draft reasonably late.

By that stage Lions had spent their coin and were ripe for being unable to defend picks on their academy players.

Perhaps they honestly thought they were safe, being so late in the draft, which I feel is a tad naive. Tigers and Bombers had every right to bid on the players.

I believe that Beatson is off the the brave dogs 😡

View attachment 787054

Reckon we should have traded down and gotten this Shoe and Sharp over DS.

Even if Swans wanted Schoenburg, they had that pick ahead.

Swan team must have known that was their intention. Otherwise Crows do not swap and help.
Ie "we know who you want we want Gould swap and he will still be there for you" here's a sweetner

Schoey looks like a gun.
Matty Nicks (luv'd him as a player) has a long haul ahead to make a functioning team again. They have lost many components of their 2017 chance.

Even if Swans wanted Schoenburg, they had that pick ahead.

Swan team must have known that was their intention. Otherwise Crows do not swap and help.
Ie "we know who you want we want Gould swap and he will still be there for you" here's a sweetner

Schoey looks like a gun.
Matty Nicks (luv'd him as a player) has a long haul ahead to make a functioning team again. They have lost many components of their 2017 chance.
I meant pick 5 + ? traded down for two picks in the teens : Port, Geelong or GC - then we'd still have gotten Gould and turned it into an all-time draft class IMO.
Anyway....lets see how we go, no need for Dylan to play too much next year with the players we have, give him time to develop and add some strength.

Same here. I grew up idolising players like Rantall and Teasdale. There was a romantic connotation associated with seeing a Rantall playing for us again but the club obviously saw the logic beyond the emotion. BTW have we actually clarified the connection to John Rantall?
Perhaps not son of Mopsy.

Here’s the new link to 2020 Nominal Draft Order.

Can’t recommend it enough, changes automatically as the end of each round, it’s a fantastic resourc.

Didn't Dodo say he wasn't interested in draft picks for Daniher, because there were no top draft picks that were key position players?

He did his whole patronizing thing of 'ohhh people don't realise that we look at the draft to see what would actually be available at those picks and there are no replacements for Daniher' ...

pick 3 - luke jackson
pick 6 - fischer mcasey.

The guy is an imbecile ... long may he be Essendon's list boss. The next 15 years will be just as successful as the previous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Dodo say he wasn't interested in draft picks for Daniher, because there were no top draft picks that were key position players?

He did his whole patronizing thing of 'ohhh people don't realise that we look at the draft to see what would actually be available at those picks and there are no replacements for Daniher' ...

pick 3 - luke jackson
pick 6 - fischer mcasey.

The guy is an imbecile ... long may he be Essendon's list boss. The next 15 years will be just as successful as the previous.
Last I heard.. - We offered p9 + future 1st.
p9 would have cost Papley + a second round pick.. ie. Papley + Gould or Taylor
So, Papley + Gould or Taylor + future 1st = Daniher
Dodo wanted more.. p9 + future 1st + a player (McCartin etc)

Daniher still isn't running! He tried a few weeks ago but again his body wasn't up to it
We dodged a bullet, sooo much better off with the trade failing.
and to call Dodo an imbecile is the understatement of the year

Daniher still isn't running! He tried a few weeks ago but again his body wasn't up to it

kinnear said as late as on the afl.com pre draft show (i think it was that one) that Dodo made it clear from the start that 5 and 9 wouldn't get the deal done. He also said we told carlton they would only trade papley if we were receiving daniher.

I think if essendon had been willing to deal, we would have given them 5 and 9, and probably fairly early in the trade period. I am very glad we didn't.

Pressure will be on Daniher from Essendon supporters and from the media who just love this type of never ending story.

If Daniher can't get himself right then Dodo will be a target for the Essendon fans, many of who already don't like him. Agree that it's best for us all if Dodo stays their list mangler.

Pressure will be on Daniher from Essendon supporters and from the media who just love this type of never ending story.

If Daniher can't get himself right then Dodo will be a target for the Essendon fans, many of who already don't like him. Agree that it's best for us all if Dodo stays their list mangler.

i could see it getting very ugly if essendon struggle in the first half of the year. They have a pretty easy draw though.

We are so fortunate that dodo is as big an a-hole that he is.

Just as long as we don't ever have to deal with Essendon again.

pick 3 - luke jackson
pick 6 - fischer mcasey.

You could add Jones to that list as well.

Harrison Jones- their pick 30 (key forward)

He is referring to Harrison Jones - Essendon's first pick a KPF

ok.

But i was referring to Dodo's specific repeated comments that they werent interested in top 10 picks for Daniher, because there were no top end key position prospects in the draft.

2 went in the top 6.

As I said, the guy is an imbecile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back