Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Very. Brought a new level of professionalism and business sense. Definitely improved our revenue
There’s no doubt he did very well with Richmond’s membership when it was in a growth stage and it’s there to see with Carlton’s growth in the last 18 months.

Hoping the rumours of a rift between him and SOS isn’t the cause of the latter leaving the club.

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
What if that one pick ends up being as good or better than Walsh. Last year you might have got 3 1st round picks for pick 1 but SOS would have none of it. Point is that only time will tell whether the 3 players picked are better than the one you forfeited
Well...yeah, that's kind of the way drafts go. Any pick can make us all look silly...the next Hird, Hayes, Parker. But Carlton have had a need to maximise assets...and most supporters would be happy with Stocker, Kemp and Philip over just Ash or Young.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
its a reach in so much as one club rating the player in in the minority opinion

melbourne reached for jackson as am example, cause the other teams (probable) didnt rate him that highly
Thats not a reach. Thats just backing yourself. By the way three other list managers said they would have taken Jackson.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Isn’t that what all talk about young players is?

I have watched our young group very closely over the past 5 years and a I see incredible talent and depth.

Silvagni x 2
Dow
O’Brien
SPS
Kennedy
Cripps
McKay
Stocker
Cuningham
DeKoning
Fisher
Setterfield
Walsh
Gibbons
Kemp
Philp
Ramsey
Weitering
Marchbank
Charlie
Williamson
Cottrell

Some won’t make it but most will and there are 4-5 that could be elite
The GWS list is far better than this one. Fair few duds on this one too.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Isn’t that what all talk about young players is?

I have watched our young group very closely over the past 5 years and a I see incredible talent and depth.

Silvagni x 2
Dow
O’Brien
SPS
Kennedy
Cripps
McKay
Stocker
Cuningham
DeKoning
Fisher
Setterfield
Walsh
Gibbons
Kemp
Philp
Ramsey
Weitering
Marchbank
Charlie
Williamson
Cottrell

Some won’t make it but most will and there are 4-5 that could be elite

How can you see anything with your head firmly implanted in your anus?

Outside of Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Curnow, Fisher, McKay you're just throwing out names that have done nothing yet, any club can do that.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
How can you see anything with your head firmly implanted in your anus?

Outside of Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Curnow, Fisher, McKay you're just throwing out names that have done nothing yet, any club can do that.

why do people react like this? Disagree, debate. No problem at all. You have your opinion, I have mine but it’s people like you that ruin this site.

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We're building around the quality kids we recently drafted... Thomas, LDU, Simpkin, Zurhaar, Larkey..
Bailey Scott won a RS nomination in his very first game he played, in a team flogged by 80+ points, before getting injured and missing most of last year. He's bloody good.
Plus Bonar a number 11 draft pick from just 2 years ago.
Our youth is not as bad as any many like to incorrectly state.

I agree with this norths youth is very very underrated

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Jeez I love your passion but that list of GWS young talent trumps your one.
If we are talking strictly under 23 then Cripps isn't eligible.
Hopper, Taranto, Himmelberg & Taylor have shown more.
Each to their own though and good luck for next year

You to. Some luck with injuries and you will be hard to beat.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
No he’s not, he is far from it.
This poster is full ****, he never bags or questions anything Carlton do, he posts the same we have a great young list drivel year after year.

I’ve criticised the Blues a lot. I just really like this list.

Why the abuse? Sad

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Can I join in.... I don't mind the look of our youth going forward>

Harris Andrews
Eric Hipwood
Jarrod Berry
Hugh McCluggage
Alex Witherden
Noah Answerth
Zac Bailey
Cam Rayner

All 22 years of age or under and are regular 1st 22 players. Plenty of other 22 and under guys on the books who I see a lot of potential in as well eg. 4 of our 2018 draft class who didn't even get a run in the seniors this year due to our incredibly short injury list but showed great glimpses during our undefeated flag season in the NEAFL.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Can I join in.... I don't mind the look of our youth going forward>

Harris Andrews
Eric Hipwood
Jarrod Berry
Hugh McCluggage
Alex Witherden
Noah Answerth
Zac Bailey
Cam Rayner

All 22 years of age or under and are regular 1st 22 players. Plenty of other 22 and under guys on the books who I see a lot of potential in as well eg. 4 of our 2018 draft class who didn't even get a run in the seniors this year due to our incredibly short injury list but showed great glimpses during our undefeated flag season in the NEAFL.

Great young group. I have always thought we are 12-18 months behind the Lions. Going to be some interesting games between us over the next few years. Getting Robertson was a steal

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
why do people react like this? Disagree, debate. No problem at all. You have your opinion, I have mine but it’s people like you that ruin this site.

I don't understand how you can have that opinion when there's only 6/7 players in that list that have actually done something to show they are future players, the rest is just hoping and praying.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't understand how you can have that opinion when there's only 6/7 players in that list that have actually done something to show they are future players, the rest is just hoping and praying.

That’s fine, you’re entitled to an opinion as I am but to abuse people because of it is poor.

I have also said they are talented with lots of upside. Never said they were established stars or they will all make it.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
In the end it’s hard to pick winners and losers. I like what Carlton Freo GWS Tigers GCS did with their selections. St Kilda with its trades and then picks don’t inspire me at all. Wasn’t fussed on Melbourne or Essendon either. JMO
What didn't you like about St Kilda?

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
What didn't you like about St Kilda?

I thought they paid way over for a bunch of players that are handy to good at best. The list lacks top end talent. Hill is probably the best but what they paid was way over the top. Jones is good, Butler solid, Ryder is way past it. Howard has potential and Abbott is at best okay. Then all they have is late draft picks which becomes a real lottery.

Personally I would have gone to the draft to add to Coffield Marshall Clark King who I rate. You have enough "good" players

What I see is a list that is now mid range but doesn't have the improvement in it to go to the top. I feel they are now stuck mid range and it's a pity because I want to see Ratten do well.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Come on mate it’s pretty obvious Richmond had some interest. It be Naive to think otherwise.

How "obvious"
Like "Stocker" last year?
Has been mentioned by many Richmond posters on our board with close links to the club that this was just fantasy
Phiip is a good future based pick, don't degrade it by saying we stole him from Richmond
That's saying that SOS has mind reading capabilities or there is a Carlton mole in Tigerland :)

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
so did the tigers out smart themselves ? bidding on lions academy boys to get more negotiating time and thinking the lions would match ?

interesting approach from the tigers

negotiating time for what?
The pick swap with Collingwood?, 45 to them, 46 plus future 2nd rd to us?
We bid on those 2 players as they were the next highest ranked by our club
If the Lions matched so be it, on to the next highest ranked, not hard to see

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
negotiating time for what?
The pick swap with Collingwood?, 45 to them, 46 plus future 2nd rd to us?
We bid on those 2 players as they were the next highest ranked by our club
If the Lions matched so be it, on to the next highest ranked, not hard to see

St Kilda 2nd rounder wasnt it?

gold jerry

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
That’s fine, you’re entitled to an opinion as I am but to abuse people because of it is poor.

I have also said they are talented with lots of upside. Never said they were established stars or they will all make it.

You said Carlton have the best U/23 in the league, which is false.

Believing they are talented is all well and good but you saying they're the best U/23 even though the majority of that list has done nothing is a different story.

You've got blinkers on.

Back