Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind El Tuna. His goal tally isn't exactly his fault. He offers more pressure than Keogh. If Castro didn't isolate him and attempt to beat every defender then it may be a different story.
Just seems from the outside that he's not a huge upgrade, and what we had before obviously worked.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
The AFC Champions league draw just took place. We have Ulsan Hyundai (Jason Davidson's team), a team from Shanghai and the third team to be determined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure of the point other than depth and experience with the ACL on the horizon.

83286931_10158116092488960_5498613425229529088_o.jpg

Central/defensive mid is the position we obviously lack depth and talent, so the signing is an obvious one.

/s

Juande won't be in the ACL squad so I'm assuming he is mainly cover for Juande in Asia.

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Wonder what happened with these kids. Might be future signings, or will be brought in for the NPL side?

Ballarat City youngsters Jordan and Leighton Lauton are currently interstate trialing with A-League club Perth Glory.
The two are expected to spend the week with Glory's youth league team.

They will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of their older brother Brandon and pursue a career in the nation's top competition.
The 19-year-old Brandon, who is also a product of Ballarat City, made his professional debut for Melbourne Victory in the FFA Cup last year.

Ballarat City manager James Robinson said it was a great reward for the brothers, who had a strong season in the National Premier League 2 division in 2019.
"Jordan played every game at the age of 15 and didn't just hold his own, he actually dominated," Robinson said.

"And the same with Leighton in the second half of the season."
Ballarat City will open the new 2020 NPL3 season with a clash at home against Nunawading City on March 21.

Sage is the Chairman of the London Football Exchange so he would still be running us. IMO, it is his way of staying in charge without continually losing so much money.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Have posted this article on the General thread also Appropriate to post it on here too.

A-League club Perth Glory set to be sold to London-based cryptocurrency group
By Frances Bell and Clint Thomas
Wed 12 Feb 2020, 7:23pm

A "very emotional" Perth Glory owner Tony Sage says he is close to finalising a deal to sell the majority of his stake in the A-League club to a London-based cryptocurrency group, but has assured fans the club's name, colours and "heritage" will be retained.
Key points:

• A new group, the London Football Exchange, is set to buy Perth Glory
  • Tony Sage says he waited for the right deal to protect Glory's heritage
  • He is hoping to reach a deal within 48 hours to sell 80 per cent of the club
The millionaire businessman has been the sole owner of the Glory since 2009.
But Mr Sage said he was no longer able to compete with the financial power of other A-League clubs and had been looking for an investment partner for the past 18 months.
"Last year's loss was about $2.9 million, which is a huge loss to take on by myself," he said.
"I'm the only sole owner left in the league."
Mr Sage said he had received four offers for the club over the past 18 months, but each of them came with conditions he could not accept, including changing the club's name or colours.
"One thing I am very big on is the history of Perth Glory, so I've been patient," he said.
Mr Sage said he had been negotiating for about four weeks with a new cryptocurrency group, the London Football Exchange, which was looking to buy several football clubs around the world.
He was currently in Dubai, on his way to London, where he hoped to finalise a deal within 48 hours to sell 80 per cent of his stake to the group.

Deal will bring 'many opportunities': Sage
Mr Sage said he would retain the remaining 20 per cent stake and would also become chairman of the London Football Exchange from March 1.
"It's not quite a done deal yet. They wanted 100 per cent of the club, I was unwilling to go to 100 per cent," he said.
"I wanted to retain [a share] because I think the future of Australian football is going to be huge."
Mr Sage said he was "very emotional" when he told Glory players and staff of his plans at a meeting at the club yesterday.

"I said actually it was a sad day for me, but it's an exciting future for the club," he said.
"We'll be part of a group that has six or seven clubs in it over the next two years.
"From about next season, the owners will own the [A-League] and that's a massive change in itself. The FFA won't be involved.
"We're going to be set now with a big partner … so many opportunities will arise from this transaction if it happens in the next 48 hours."
Mr Sage said he expected Perth Glory would continue to post losses for another two years until a new TV rights deal was negotiated.

What is the London Football Exchange?
According to its website, the London Football Exchange is the world's first football club stock exchange that will allow fans, traders and investors to acquire shares.
But if Glory supporters are offered the opportunity to buy into the club in the form of cryptocurrency it should be done with caution according to Leigh Travers, executive director of blockchain firm Digital X.
"I think fans that are looking to buy a LFE token to get ownership need to do a bit of research first to make sure what they are buying is exactly what they are going to get," he said.
"Understand exactly what it is you are buying, whether it is the ability just to use it as a currency to go purchase merchandise or something like that or if it is actual ownership," he said.
Mr Travers said a football club like the Glory would be an attractive proposition for the London Football Exchange as it looked to expand overseas.
"I think that Perth Glory has a strong supporter base, it has had a very successful history and it is a big jurisdiction jump from London to Australia," he said.
"I think that might be a springboard for some other activities they are looking to do — try things out in a more concentrated local market see what the demand is and then bring it to other market places as well."

Follow this story to get email or text alerts from ABC News when there is a future article following this storyline.

What do you Glory fans think about this? good deal or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back