Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the talk of succeeding or failing in 2-3 years.

He's given himself a small window to accomplish success. He's putting it on himself just as much as the players.

The first few weeks next year will be absolutely vital. I hope we get off to a flyer to keep the belief high.

I don't think the two things are contradictory. There's two schools of thought about Scott: that he was a good coach up until the point where he wasn't'; and that he was never any good. I'm in the former camp. If he disengaged and went through the motions at the end it wouldn't have been a good look for his job prospects, and the things he did well probably weren't unique enough to him to make him compelling.
it's hard to believe RZ because we didn't win a flag, but hubris got Brad Scott in the end. For a first time Coach we invested too much power and authority in him. It was a reflection of how fragile we were as a club when he took over. He was a good coach inasmuch as he had the players to the end - very rare that coach gets sacked when they haven't lost the players but Brad achieved that. Where he was not good enough was team selection and player development. He simply kept relying on the same core blokes, refused to drop them when they deserved to be and had to be dragged kicking and screaming to play the kids. He worked that out in his last year ( 4 rising stars in one year as much as he oversaw in his previous 9 yeàrs) but too late for him. We need to learn these lessons for the sake of Rhyce. Personally, I would have loved to have seen a shrewd old bugger like Balme or Eade mentor him. One thing we need to do for him is to give him access to the top end of the draft for the next 3 years even if that means trading some players out. As much as I like his goal of being a top end team for 10 to 12 years, you need elite talent for that and we're not there yet.We should be aiming for 3 first rounders next year just like the thieves down the end of the Princes Highway.

Meeting would last up to 1.5 hours before training started, ONE AND A HALF F$%@ING HOURS! He would get told to stop and let the boys train! As much as I cannot stand BS as a coach, don't pretend to know him as a person, but how we let him get away with that for so long annoys the absolute s**t out of me.

I was saying recently in a PM that I posted something a couple of years ago questioning the direct of our club and a fair few on here questioned the guy I know and whether he really supports North. He's a ******* Shinboner that goes way back and he was freaking right.
One and a half hours.......did they have coffee and scones to?

One and a half hours.......did they have coffee and scones to?

Hope they didn’t do their warm-up before the meeting! They would have been cold by the time they actually got out on the ground. I bet the players used to get fidgety, just wanting to get out of there.

Hope they didn’t do their warm-up before the meeting! They would have been cold by the time they actually got out on the ground. I bet the players used to get fidgety, just wanting to get out of there.

Absolutely, the average adult has an attention span of approx 20 mins before they disengage.

Yep, sound's like someone enjoyed the sound of their own voice.

North Melbourne coach Rhyce Shaw says Don Pyke’s cry for help on coaching’s pressures resonated

Don Pyke is a loser, and only loser's bitch about pressure. Usually in hindsight.

Successful men welcome it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a radical idea. Show them what you want to do on the field on the scoreboard, watch them try and execute, give instant feedback.

Compare that to an hour long lecture followed by trying to do all that s**t on the field. By the time you get out there you would be feeling sluggish, bored, and just wanting to move your legs more than anything.

Can't comment on the viability of the gameplan, but everything else i'm hearing and seeing so far screams of massive overhaul and a change in mindset.

What a radical idea. Show them what you want to do on the field on the scoreboard, watch them try and execute, give instant feedback.

Compare that to an hour long lecture followed by trying to do all that s**t on the field. By the time you get out there you would be feeling sluggish, bored, and just wanting to move your legs more than anything.

Can't comment on the viability of the gameplan, but everything else i'm hearing and seeing so far screams of massive overhaul and a change in mindset.

Yes, but what happens with the property portfolio planning then?

Meeting would last up to 1.5 hours before training started, ONE AND A HALF F$%@ING HOURS! He would get told to stop and let the boys train! As much as I cannot stand BS as a coach, don't pretend to know him as a person, but how we let him get away with that for so long annoys the absolute s**t out of me.

I was saying recently in a PM that I posted something a couple of years ago questioning the direct of our club and a fair few on here questioned the guy I know and whether he really supports North. He's a ******* Shinboner that goes way back and he was freaking right.

What’s your source for the 1.5 hour team meetings?

It’s sad to come on to this forum to read and discuss positive stories about our great club...

But then be reminded that there’s people like you in the world - in every thread!

Dunno how you deemed my comment as being negative about North.

I think you need to look closer at yourself and your own pre-existing biases.

What’s your source for the 1.5 hour team meetings?

Have been down this road with you in the past and you tend not to respond . They say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. I’ve learnt one.

there’s plenty of posters on here that would validate my info as fairly accurate

"Really organised and solid in defence and attack with the flair they have been given by God."

INSHALLAH

I, like everyone I'm sure, am intrigued by the prospect of a new game plan.

I reckon that that quotes;
"Really organised and solid in defence and attack with the flair they have been given by God."
and
"Sometimes it’s about going out and bashing the opposition, but we do have plans in place to make sure it’s sustainable.”

gives us an insight into the game plan, coupled with what we know about Shaw being a simple approach type of guy.

I'm expecting a simple back to basics, highly practised - core skills type approach. Heavily contested, tight checking, hard hitting footy.

I get the feeling that based on the God comment he will back players in running off half back and up forward to trust their natural instincts to play on and take some chances once the accountable footy is paying off.

Anyhow, I'm mainly waffling but I'd be keen to know what other people are expecting from the game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back