Delisted #36: Lachlan Johnson - Not offered another contract - 13/8

36 - Lachlan Johnson.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2021
Last Game Played: n/a
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited:
Not a surprise considering he played half forward a lot. Which is actually very good production by position.
Honestly see him being similar to his dad as a back pocket hopefully.

I don't know Baguley was supposedly good...
Not supposedly. I know you hate him but 2013-2016 he was a good small defender.

Also he ran down Jeff Garlett a couple of times. He wasn't slow at his peak.

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Johnson was decent enough with scotch. Was a very tough player but lacks the tank as of yet. Was almost dropped to the seconds according to my friend. But he was with our academy so he seems to be talented enough

Didn’t realise how good his tackle numbers were, 7.2 a game is very good for an underager. 4th amongst guys that got drafted behind Rowell, Budarick and Kyle Dunkley (who was 19 at the time).

If he hangs around in the system I can see him being a real wrecking ball

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Certainly has the body shape that can thicken as his career progresses.

Let's wait for his knees to react to an AFL rehab and recovery program to see how he's going.

Him and Hibberd are the 2 who we assess on differently than the other 8 inclusions.

Just started running.

“Lachie has just started his running program, so it’s fairly early days there yet, but he’s working really hard with a really positive attitude and we’re very impressed with him.

On 'light duties' as of ten days ago (I missed the injury update..) I'm guessing that's more than running but less than main training.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I watched a lot of his dad who on paper would have also read as short, stocky and slow. He was brilliant. Fingers crossed for Lachlan.

Injury list now lists as 10-12 weeks. Does that mean we have to cut Crauford?
I don't think Crauford is in any danger. The whole point of the inactive list is that they're inactive for the whole season and you can replace them, regardless of whether it's injury or retirement. Otherwise he'd just be on the LTI list.

Also it's worth noting that the Essendon and AFL injury lists never seem to match. The Essendon one has always said season, which makes sense since we we put him on the inactive list for the whole season.

10-12 weeks is one year after he did his ACL, so that makes sense as an expected recovery timeframe and we would have known that when we drafted him. So I guess they're both right.

Not the only discrepancy though.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 5.34.51 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 5.35.55 pm.png

Back