List Mgmt. Draft Part 3- Post Draft Edition: Has pace, good kick

Remove this Banner Ad

So do we think we will offer Pickett a shot? I reckon if we did it would cap off a pretty strong draft considering the picks we had. Do we think he could step up and do Willie's role and rotate into the middle coming off a fwd pocket or hff? Or does he have no tank?

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pickett has run a 14.5 beep test in the past.

Sorry to intrude again but in regards to Pickett, his footballing ability and physical gifts such as speed and agility were never a problem and was why he was taken so low early in the draft.
His biggest problem was his attitude towards rehabilitation and his tendency to drop his head whilst being injured.
I’m sure he has grown up a lot since his teenage years and his axing from Carlton and being back in his support network may be what he needs to realise his potential.
If it all works out then you have a genuine gun on your hands.

Do we have only one SPP spot available on our list?

Would love both Pickett AND McKenzie.

We currently only have one. Would require a LTI to have two.

Smart move getting two hopefull's train. It creates a bit of competition at the club and if a 2nd spot comes open we have two players under our noses to assess.

Do we have only one SPP spot available on our list?

Would love both Pickett AND McKenzie.

Assuming the AFL allow it we could put Rioli on the inactive list to create a second spot for another SPP

I’m not sure if that’s possible though and it would probably mean Rioli couldn’t play in 2020 if he escapes with a 13 month or less suspension which admittedly is unlikely

Assuming the AFL allow it we could put Rioli on the inactive list to create a second spot for another SPP

I’m not sure if that’s possible though and it would probably mean Rioli couldn’t play in 2020 if he escapes with a 13 month or less suspension which admittedly is unlikely

I reckon this is behind the club's thinking on having two players under consideration. Perhaps the club is writing off 2020 for Willie.

Can this mystery guy even nail down a spot in his team? Thought i read he was getting dropped back to the reserves? He's not a 17/18yo

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your responses. Is there a certain date we have to transfer Willie to the inactive list by?

What did the Pies / AFL do in the Murray case when he was suspended?

Chances are there lies the answer to what we may do if / when Willie gets suspended.

What did the Pies / AFL do in the Murray case when he was suspended?

Chances are there lies the answer to what we may do if / when Willie gets suspended.

Good thinking but unfortunately it doesn’t help any

Collingwood picked up John Noble in the mid season draft but had a vacancy due to Lynden Dunn’s long term injury so didn’t need to do anything with Murray to create a list spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC knew of Freos interest & wanted to get "in front" of that possibility
Who cares what Freo does. They’ve had the last 4 years to build a good side with top picks and trades and have failed. I think they will be better with the new coach but we shouldn’t be trying to sound as needy as their fans

Who cares what Freo does. They’ve had the last 4 years to build a good side with top picks and trades and have failed. I think they will be better with the new coach but we shouldn’t be trying to sound as needy as their fans
I assumed he meant they had a feeling that Freo wanted Johnson and so traded up so they could snatch him first

I imagine the WC recruiting team cares what Freo will do if they have a pick in front of us and are going to take a player we want

BOND 007 was there a specific player that didn't get through, that you thought would? Or was CJ always the man?

I saw this on the live draft chat thread . It possibly involved future picks ..
(Cut and Paste )

Tom Browne on Channel 7 said that Eagles thought they moved up to pick Trent Bianco but AFL Stopped it saying the Trade Up was Illegal ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Cut and Paste )

Tom Browne on Channel 7 said that Eagles thought they moved up to pick Trent Bianco but AFL Stopped it saying the Trade Up was Illegal ..

Understand we couldn't trade our future 2nd as we had already traded our future 1st.

Which is plain dumb with pick trades IMO. Sure you should be stopped from trading every pick in two drafts for a player but trading next years 2nd for this years 2nd should be allowed IMO.

It's not like you are losing a pick you are just moving it forward 12 months.

But its the AFL so what more do we expect?

(Cut and Paste )

Bond already said that it was a Dutch auction, which is why we were trumped. My guess it was more likely Warner or CJ to that we were after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back