Not open for further replies.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Love him or hate him, Warner deserves some acknowledgement..
Agree (reluctantly).
That was a helluva knock. LOVE the batsman; cannot respect the man.
I am not even going to say "But it was only against Pakistan". Hayden's 380 was against Zimbabwe. Taylor's 334* was against Pakistan. Hell, even Dizzy got 201* against Bangladesh and all those innings took patience and concentration.
Warner dissected a wayward attack and bludgeoned them all over AO. MotM/Series is a foregone conclusion (I was going to add "but I could do without the FIGJAM-run-and-leap" but that's just petty/mean).

Goodonim.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Agree (reluctantly).
I am not even going to say "But it was only against Pakistan". Hayden's 380 was against Zimbabwe. Taylor's 334* was against Pakistan. Hell, even Dizzy got 201* against Bangladesh and all those innings took patience and concentration.
Warner dissected a wayward attack and bludgeoned them all over AO. MotM/Series is a foregone conclusion (I was going to add "but I could do without the FIGJAM-run-and-leap" but that's just petty/mean).

Goodonim.
We said the same thing great innings, hit the baĺl beautifully but he is still a flog

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a debacle for Pakistan

About the worst two days of test cricket you could possibly have

Diabolical in all three facets

Don't remember there being a more pathetic performance by a touring Test side in Australia for a long time, and we've routinely had listless ones. Might as well wipe the stats from this.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Look I don't want to be rude but typically I've found people I meet who speak out about test cricket being boring tend to be vapid empty vessels themselves

Nah, please by all means be rude - I don’t waste 5 days of my life watching a game that possibly and all likely ends up in a draw. Those are 5 days you don’t get back. I tend to find that those that love test cricket tend to say NFL is boring because it goes too long and too slow. Say what!

Last edited:

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Day 2 will always be remembered for Warner's triple-ton and to a lesser extent Labuschagne's 162 then Starc's 4/22 later, but did anybody else notice the way Hazlewood worked over Shan Masood before claiming his wicket?
It was a beautiful over, probing and tempting, then producing the false shot.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Day 2 will always be remembered for Warner's triple-ton and to a lesser extent Labuschagne's 162 then Starc's 4/22 later, but did anybody else notice the way Hazlewood worked over Shan Masood before claiming his wicket?
It was a beautiful over, probing and tempting, then producing the false shot.
I think Kirky might have.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree (reluctantly).

Goodonim.
At the end of the day, no matter how s**t the opponent is, a 300-run inning deserves a big clap from a purist angle. Takes a whole lotta patience, concentration and fitness to carry through a 300+ score.

For comparisons to Taylor’s 334, Warner scored his 335 runs at a strike rate of around 80, and Taylor had a strike rate of around 60. Same amount of runs but Warner’s inning was at a much more exciting pace!

Hate the man all you want, but as a batsman, he is turning it on this summer series like something that has not been witnessed in a long while across all formats.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Redbacks cruise their way to 6/124 at stumps chasing WA's 8/492 declared

Even Pakistan would beat us.

Have a gander on cricket.com.au at Alex Carey completely barbecuing debutant Liam Scott. Horrific.
Have the Redbacks won a game yet? Should we merge with another state? What a pathetic sporting organisation

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not all of us are so one dimensional. I said I don’t like test cricket and this is on the Adelaide Board and not the cricket board. So if you don’t like an opposing opinion post on the cricket forum or ignore. A simple choice actually.
The problem is you’re choosing to focus on the negatives of cricket rather than seeing it in its entirety. I could easily come to an NFL forum and state my thoughts on how boring it looks and that the players look like wussies for wearing helmets, but then I’m likely to get some backlash for not understanding the intricacies of the sport or the depth of enjoyment NFL fans have for their favoured sport.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not all of us are so one dimensional. I said I don’t like test cricket and this is on the Adelaide Board and not the cricket board. So if you don’t like an opposing opinion post on the cricket forum or ignore. A simple choice actually.
One dimensional ?? The test is on, that's what people are talking about. Wouldn't have thought it was that hard to understand.

FWIW I like all forms of the game, but Test cricket has and always will mean more yo everyone else, players included.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Have the Redbacks won a game yet? Should we merge with another state? What a pathetic sporting organisation
Not this year no. Only 3 years ago we finished top and played a home final, we very nearly made the One Day final too.

When the white clothes go on we fall apart.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Shows you the lack of application the top order had.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
At the end of the day, no matter how s**t the opponent is, a 300-run inning deserves a big clap from a purist angle. Takes a whole lotta patience, concentration and fitness to carry through a 300+ score.

For comparisons to Taylor’s 334, Warner scored his 335 runs at a strike rate of around 80, and Taylor had a strike rate of around 60. Same amount of runs but Warner’s inning was at a much more exciting pace!

Hate the man all you want, but as a batsman, he is turning it on this summer series like something that has not been witnessed in a long while across all formats.
Very good article (below) on Warner's knock, summarising exactly what we've been discussing. Makes the sound point that a triple-ton at Test level, no matter the conditions or opponent or indeed the character of the batsman himself, is veryVERY difficult to do.

Nice work Yasir. Well played.
Liked how he took the game on after Babar's wicket. Very deserved ton.

I left after the rain shower & the 2nd wicket as so bloody cold. Didn't miss too much action as they are off again.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Liked how he took the game on after Babar's wicket. Very deserved ton.

I left after the rain shower & the 2nd wicket as so bloody cold. Didn't miss too much action as they are off again.
I am in NW NSW, N of Walgett --- 30C outside now.
I heard the Ch7 commentary saying it is 14C at AO o_O :drunk: , what the actual ...?

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
I am in NW NSW, N of Walgett --- 30C outside now.
I heard the Ch7 commentary saying it is 14C at AO o_O :drunk: , what the actual ...?
It's feels colder than 14, we was on the ratio 1 beer, 1 toilet break, It felt colder than crows games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back