Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people, if l ever get back to Melbourne, where is the best foodie/ takeaway

My apologies to apples for this post in his wonderful thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for getting us back on track Dave!
I'll be at training tomorrow, so hopefully we can focus on players now and leave the foodie stuff until the Christmas break.
Tomorrow I plan on having a look at the new boys and keeping a close eye on Murphy, Daics, Beams (if training) and Wilson.
If all the upbeat talk about Wilson is to amount to anything, it needs to start tomorrow.

Thanks for getting us back on track Dave!
I'll be at training tomorrow, so hopefully we can focus on players now and leave the foodie stuff until the Christmas break.
Tomorrow I plan on having a look at the new boys and keeping a close eye on Murphy, Daics, Beams (if training) and Wilson.
If all the upbeat talk about Wilson is to amount to anything, it needs to start tomorrow.
I’d like to go tomorrow, if possible. Just can’t commit as might have other thing on.
that said, the interest is always the new blood and the 2km time trial.

the potential break out players like Murphy and Wilson will be viewed with an eye to their progress.

murphy is my break out player, just looks all over a footballer and has a great training appetite.

that makes a huge difference, an appetite to succeed. Or at least it helps.

Yes, I'm with you Saintly; I'm a big Murphy fan. I thought this year would be his year, but injuries took care of that. I'm very keen to see what he can deliver in 2020. He is so good with ball in hands, is agile and a good mark for his size. I think he can play multiple roles, not just as a backman. His time trials have not been too shabby and so he has a decent developing tank. Time in 2017 (after the draft) was 6:32. Last year he ran 6:33 and finished 2 seconds behind Quaynor, so he's no slouch.
Why couldn't he evolve into a winger or even spend time forward?

Yes, I'm with you Saintly; I'm a big Murphy fan. I thought this year would be his year, but injuries took care of that. I'm very keen to see what he can deliver in 2020. He is so good with ball in hands, is agile and a good mark for his size. I think he can play multiple roles, not just as a backman. His time trials have not been too shabby and so he has a decent developing tank. Time in 2017 (after the draft) was 6:32. Last year he ran 6:33 and finished 2 seconds behind Quaynor, so he's no slouch.
Agree on all of this.

he could be that genuine utility.
i quite liked his couple of games in 2017. Whilst obviously not as forward as the stellar Stephenson, he did quite well.
didnt look out of place at all.
pity injuries hurt him last year but we know his work ethic is super strong so this season should be his.

just on last year, if I’m not mistaken the times were a little down all round, I’d imagine conditions. Or just the leader paddled a bit more up front. Regardless, Murphy has a good enough tank.

very very keen on him. He will do everything right to give himself his best chance Of success.

be a very interesting year, I can see a few stalwarts really being challenged for their spots.

Thomas, Mayne (very under appreciated in many ways but great work ethic), Cox, Greenwood, Varcoe and others could all be seriously challenged. Which isn’t a bad thing.

i peg 12 players who are auto selected (and would need a mega downhill slide to miss selection). There’s probably a few others who pretty much just get picked.

My 12 who are auto:

• Stephenson
  • de Goey
  • Grundy
  • Treloar
  • Pendlebury
  • beams
  • adams
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Moore
  • Maynard
  • Howe

there’s a couple of others who are pretty certain if fit,

Elliott, Roughead, Langdon, Phillips.

elliott probably should be auto, only his injuries mean we might be cautious.
cant see Roughead missing as to being our main full back.
langdon is always picked so he’s another I probably should add.
Phillips is pretty much a pencil in job, but maybe a few challenge him.

when you do this exercise you kind of see how few spots there actually is to take by others.

I'd like to see Murphy tried on a wing also. He offers a point of difference with his height and marking skills to our other wing options. He could be really damaging rolling forward from midfield and is already a good interceptor as a defender. My only question is if he has the running patterns and footy nous to do that. It's worth a trial.

I'd like to see Murphy tried on a wing also. He offers a point of difference with his height and marking skills to our other wing options. He could be really damaging rolling forward from midfield and is already a good interceptor as a defender. My only question is if he has the running patterns and footy nous to do that. It's worth a trial.
Wing maybe, I'm not as bullish as some.

He projects to me as Tom Lynch Adelaide potentially, perhaps even better & more versatile.

I’d like to go tomorrow, if possible. Just can’t commit as might have other thing on.
that said, the interest is always the new blood and the 2km time trial.

the potential break out players like Murphy and Wilson will be viewed with an eye to their progress.

murphy is my break out player, just looks all over a footballer and has a great training appetite.

that makes a huge difference, an appetite to succeed. Or at least it helps.
Jesus. You're doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back