FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sainz is a lucky boy, he got 10th, but according to the times, Dan was along side him at least twice on that final lap, which would have meant no points, and dropping to 7th in championship.

Anyone else notice a weird timing point that kept putting the guy behind “ahead”, who would then still be behind at the next point?
My only guess is that it was on a DRS straight and the actual timer was at an angle benefiting the guy coming down the inside.

Even happened two or three times on that last lap... but we didn’t get to see a bloody second of it due dickface director!

The thing about drs is that when it was activated, it took all the tension out of the passing.

Call me a modernist rather than a traditionalist, but I thought the racing was poorer without DRS. It was really only the drivers with vastly superior cars workijn their way through the field that got any regular overtaking done, i.e. Bottas. For the rest it was pretty much a procession line-astern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me a modernist rather than a traditionalist, but I thought the racing was poorer without DRS. It was really only the drivers with vastly superior cars workijn their way through the field that got any regular overtaking done, i.e. Bottas. For the rest it was pretty much a procession line-astern.
The Bottas bit is what I was focussing on. He made his way through pretty well. But then it was getting to the point of "Will he, won't he?" which is part of the fun.

If anything drs should be increased.

I can't wait for the new aero rules in 2021. Allow some ground effect aero and cut down on wings and barge boards, hopefully reducing the turbulence they create and allowing cars to follow closer behind and get into the slip stream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back