2019/20 Italian Football Thread - Serie A

Remove this Banner Ad

go you pups whats the story about Napoli players involved in a mutiny against Ancelotti?

Talk now that De Laurentis has had enough and wants to take action against them.
I did not understand one word Tancredibility was saying about that the other day other than Ancelotti wanted the players to go on a training camp

Can only assume the players refused to go and ADL is backing the players here

We have big problems in central midfield, we leak far too many goals, need to invest in some big bodied box to box/holding mid types who can shield the back 4

Other than that we have a deep squad in other areas

Don't need goalkeepers
Don't need centre backs

Right back is fine for now, though Malcuit did his knee IIRC so could be an issue if De Lorenzo gets injured

Ancelotti has bugger all confidence in Ghoulam and Rui it seems, so a LB may be needed if Ancelotti stays on

Got plenty of ball playing 8s though none are top notch, only one 6 in Allan, but as much as I love the guy, he's a hothead and only has one style of play, tackle tackle tackle, he's basically a Brazilian Cattermole sometimes, need someone more composed there in his position who's more of an interceptor/deep distributor

Plenty of strikers and wingers

That last week or two was horrendous, 3 draws (1 in Europe) and a 2-1 loss to Roma where the scoreline flattered us (could've easily have been 4-1), need to get a win on the weekend and back into top 4 contention.

Not a bad comeback by Inter there, that's the type of results that they NEED to be grinding out when challenged if they want to win the bloody thing. Quality curler from Barella to win the match for them.

Hellas Verona are a pretty plucky side at the moment, shouldn't be underestimated at all, they seem to have this ability to hold on and make it hard for other sides at the moment, if they continue on with this mentality, then they'll comfortably survive in midtable.

This has 0-0 written all over it unless someone pulls their finger out

Our midfield is so bloody vanilla we can't find ways of putting pressure on Genoa to keep creating regular chances, we're relying on Insigne or Callejon out wide too much, Ruiz and Zielinski need to do more if they want 3 points

Cagliari 5-0 up over Fiorentina and are currently sitting third on the table.
Must say they have looked awesome tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sarri should have left Higuain on and subbed out Bentancur

Time to go Carlo

Was reasonably happy with his appointment, but it seems the players ain't playing for him anymore

I just don't get how they've lost all confidence the last 6-8 weeks

Wowee, isn't this season fastly going down the gurglar. I'd be happy with just a top 4 finish at this point, already 8 pts behind that though...

Didn't see this mornings game, did anyone play well?

Wowee, isn't this season fastly going down the gurglar. I'd be happy with just a top 4 finish at this point, already 8 pts behind that though...

Didn't see this mornings game, did anyone play well?
No one played well aside from Llorente who finished the chances given to him (was just offside for what could've been the equaliser), Lozano had some moments too but ultimately too little too late.

Our midfield is so soft it ain't funny, like when we needed a goal, all they wanted to do was fluff around and pass from side to side wasting time, Ruiz, Zielinski etc, they just don't have any grunt or willingness to get the team over the line and aren't players who'd inspire the team, something I was quite critical of Jorginho for previously.

Radja Nainggolan and Ciro Immobile both having one heck of a bounce back season.

Maybe Conte/Inter should've kept Nainggolan... he's been unreal, key reason why Cagliari are doing as well as they are.

Immobile has already scored 2 more goals this season (17) than he did all of last season (15).

Radja Nainggolan and Ciro Immobile both having one heck of a bounce back season.

Maybe Conte/Inter should've kept Nainggolan... he's been unreal, key reason why Cagliari are doing as well as they are.

Immobile has already scored 2 more goals this season (17) than he did all of last season (15).
Yeah Cagliari have been decent

Can they qualify for Europe?

Atalanta should again, just what comp is the thing

Lazio and Roma the other two in that mix

Remove this Banner Ad

Back