Status
Not open for further replies.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Grouping veganism and vegetarians together. It’s like how people think that Nate Diaz, the Williams sisters, Tom Brady etc are vegans when they aren’t. They eat fish and eggs.
I'm sorry that their choices upset you so much. Maybe they should wear a sticker so that you and everyone can group them appropriately.

I could say that same about those that group every non-meat eater with the loons that protest in city centres and throw fake blood around.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm sorry that their choices upset you so much. Maybe they should wear a sticker so that you and everyone can group them appropriately.

I could say that same about those that group every non-meat eater with the loons that protest in city centres and throw fake blood around.

Goddammit man!

Get your filing cabinet in order!

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It doesn’t upset me at all. Both Brown & Siddle are vegans and the story was about plant based diets. The logical conclusion would be they’re reporting that having a plant based diet is better for your health, which is misleading.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesn’t upset me at all. Both Brown & Siddle are vegans and the story was about plant based diets. The logical conclusion would be they’re reporting that having a plant based diet is better for your health, which is misleading.
It can be if done correctly and if you've got everything ticked off. Like any diet. I know you're a stickler for this but it isn't just black and white.

They're probably also taking into consideration that following a diet like that should (in theory) make you more aware of your choices instead of shoveling whatever is available down your throat (which Australian's do very well). The same could be said about most diets but the vege/vegan diet is up there for sweeping changes and you need to be mindful or it will be an issue especially for athletes.

Also, you would be more likely to reach the recommended vegetable intake (if done correctly) and therefore our vitamin and mineral requirements (in theory) which again is something Australian's fail miserably (we are only getting worse too. In the mid-2000s ~13% of the adult population was meeting the vegetable requirements (from memory) and now we are <10%):

IND_15 Fruit and Veg (DASH).png

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It can be if done correctly and if you've got everything ticked off. Like any diet. I know you're a stickler for this but it isn't just black and white.

They're probably also taking into consideration that following a diet like that should (in theory) make you more aware of your choices instead of shoveling whatever is available down your throat (which Australian's do very well). The same could be said about most diets but the vege/vegan diet is up there for sweeping changes and you need to be mindful or it will be an issue especially for athletes.

Also, you would be more likely to reach the recommended vegetable intake (if done correctly) and therefore our vitamin and mineral requirements (in theory) which again is something Australian's fail miserably (we are only getting worse too. In the mid-2000s ~13% of the adult population was meeting the vegetable requirements (from memory) and now we are <10%):

View attachment 787819

I’m only a stickler for any claims that being vegan is better for athletes. It drives me crazy because it’s false. The ga me changers film is one of the worst examples of that...luckily it’s been so publicly debunked that if you search for it now most results are that come up are debunking it.

Being vegan to save the planet or other moral reasons are fine by me. Just don’t try to pretend that it’s better for humans.

Fact: if someone eats eggs or fish they aren’t a vegan or vegetarian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You should probably look up the definitions then :$

Definition of vegan. : a strict vegetarian who consumes no food (such as meat, eggs, or dairy products) that comes from animals also : one who abstains from using animal products (such as leather)Sep 18, 2019
1575245764105.png
1575245764105.png

https://www.merriam-webster.com › ...

vegetarian

a person who does not eat meat or fish, and sometimes other animal products, especially for moral, religious, or health reasons.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back