Membership 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
Starting a thread on this because I couldn't see one but delete/merge if I've missed it.

There's been some update to the Lions online membership page that I can see but I have to say that it still leaves me really frustrated. I got the email today that I'd be rolling over my Lions Loyal membership offer so I went online to check on my account and payment details and while I'm at it choose members cards for next year. What I found was:

* At work when I clicked on anything other than invoices and member zone I got a page not found error. I've come home tonight and most of the pages do seem to be working.
* Why is it when you click on member zone and then member choice to choose your membership cards you get taken through a whole series of questions about who you are and what your member details are? I had already logged in at that point. I went looking for my member number and couldn't find it anywhere except finally by clicking on 'contact member HQ'. It tells me to quote my member number in any contact with member HQ and then provides me my member number in brackets so that I can quote it. Why not just pass through the member number!?
* When I go through the questions to choose my member card it asks me if I have purchased a reserved seat for the year. Well, I guess I have, I'm on a roll-over plan so I click yes. Then I get asked what seats I want. I want the same seats I get every year! I work out that I should click no to having purchased a reserved seat (or three game membership) and then I go straight into choosing my cards.
* I choose my card then it asks me 'Do you have another member on your account? Yes I do but I don't know why you're asking because you should already know that but anyway I enter my wife and children's names and choose their cards. After going through all our family it then asks 'Do you have a junior member on the account?'. What!? I just assumed my kids are members I didn't really think of them as juniors members oh no I better go back and change things but, there is no way to go back!
* Click submit. 'We're sorry, the page you requested you no longer exists' Sigh

I guess I'll call them tomorrow. They are always very helpful when I call. I have never been able to order guest tickets or do much else online. I don't know if it just me...

Anyway, card choices this year are:

Fagan
Cameron
Rich
Zorko
McCluggage
Neale
Webb and maybe less choice for juniors I'm not sure

Starting a thread on this because I couldn't see one but delete/merge if I've missed it.

There's been some update to the Lions online membership page that I can see but I have to say that it still leaves me really frustrated. I got the email today that I'd be rolling over my Lions Loyal membership offer so I went online to check on my account and payment details and while I'm at it choose members cards for next year. What I found was:

* At work when I clicked on anything other than invoices and member zone I got a page not found error. I've come home tonight and most of the pages do seem to be working.
* Why is it when you click on member zone and then member choice to choose your membership cards you get taken through a whole series of questions about who you are and what your member details are? I had already logged in at that point. I went looking for my member number and couldn't find it anywhere except finally by clicking on 'contact member HQ'. It tells me to quote my member number in any contact with member HQ and then provides me my member number in brackets so that I can quote it. Why not just pass through the member number!?
* When I go through the questions to choose my member card it asks me if I have purchased a reserved seat for the year. Well, I guess I have, I'm on a roll-over plan so I click yes. Then I get asked what seats I want. I want the same seats I get every year! I work out that I should click no to having purchased a reserved seat (or three game membership) and then I go straight into choosing my cards.
* I choose my card then it asks me 'Do you have another member on your account? Yes I do but I don't know why you're asking because you should already know that but anyway I enter my wife and children's names and choose their cards. After going through all our family it then asks 'Do you have a junior member on the account?'. What!? I just assumed my kids are members I didn't really think of them as juniors members oh no I better go back and change things but, there is no way to go back!
* Click submit. 'We're sorry, the page you requested you no longer exists' Sigh

I guess I'll call them tomorrow. They are always very helpful when I call. I have never been able to order guest tickets or do much else online. I don't know if it just me...

Anyway, card choices this year are:

Fagan
Cameron
Rich
Zorko
McCluggage
Neale
Webb and maybe less choice for juniors I'm not sure
Not sure what you’re expecting on here but I’d suggest the club is the best play to direct this and not on here.

I was on the membership page just before and saw that we have 4460 members signed up so far. I'm thinking to myself, 'Oh that's great'. I then decided to go and check out how some of the other clubs are traveling and saw that the Giants have over 11000!

How is that possible?! How is it that a club that's been around for 5 mins has more members at this time of year than a well established club like us? Given how they embarrassed themselves at the GF you would think people wouldn't be so keen on them yeah?

I was on the membership page just before and saw that we have 4460 members signed up so far. I'm thinking to myself, 'Oh that's great'. I then decided to go and check out how some of the other clubs are traveling and saw that the Giants have over 11000!

How is that possible?! How is it that a club that's been around for 5 mins has more members at this time of year than a well established club like us? Given how they embarrassed themselves at the GF you would think people wouldn't be so keen on them yeah?
We will see a big spike once all of the Auto renewals are added on.
I think I heard that it was in early December when they get included in the totals.

Giants had their auto-renewals in October if memory serves. Punchy renewal prices too

We should catch them in December when our renewals kick in you'd think

Been tossing up whether to ditch my Vic+ membership for a traditional seeing as though we only have 4 games in Melhourne, I can’t get to 1, maybe 2, of them; and I won’t be getting to many, if any, additional MCG games that come with the membership. If I’m correct one can only upgrade their membership on the website, not downgrade it. And I also got all the ‘page not found’ errors, as well as being asked the ‘do you have other members’ etc. Got to the point where I was annoyed and couldn’t be bothered anymore so decided i’ll just keep my Vic+ membership. Well played Lions 🙄 🦁

Been tossing up whether to ditch my Vic+ membership for a traditional seeing as though we only have 4 games in Melhourne, I can’t get to 1, maybe 2, of them; and I won’t be getting to many, if any, additional MCG games that come with the membership. If I’m correct one can only upgrade their membership on the website, not downgrade it. And I also got all the ‘page not found’ errors, as well as being asked the ‘do you have other members’ etc. Got to the point where I was annoyed and couldn’t be bothered anymore so decided i’ll just keep my Vic+ membership. Well played Lions 🙄 🦁
I never do anything to do with membership online, always ring the membership department of the club and whoever you get on the phone there is always very helpful, knowledgeable and pleasant.

I never do anything to do with membership online, always ring the membership department of the club and whoever you get on the phone there is always very helpful, knowledgeable and pleasant.

Agree, have only had to make contact twice and on both occasions they were very helpful.

It’s only $100 difference between traditional and VIC+, so I’ll stick with the VIC+ and consider the difference a donation to the club.

Half the problems with doing stuff online is that you are stuck dealing with the ticketmaster (or is it ticketek?) Website, it isnt directly run by the club. Outlet sites are pretty rubbish to begin with, but certainly aren't set up for memberships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll get there when we get a 60,000 seat stadium.
No need to be cynical. They want it next year; seriously.

Remember, there’s various membership categories including Victorian, three game members, country members and obviously full season Brisbane members.

Nothing wrong with aiming big.. but the club cant double it's membership in a year. Sounds more like a long term goal.

I think they're just setting high goals. From memory last year was like 35,000. When you consider Swans have been doing 50,000+ for ages no reason to think we can't hit that eventually if we can get some sustained success.

Do you think they’ll hit 30 thousand members in 2020?

I would have thought it was a shoo in to hit the low 30s if the team performs well, but at the moment we're still only on 5,500 after the December auto renewal date so maybe I was overly optimistic. Hopefully the tracker just takes awhile to update and another 12,000 roll-over renewals will be added to it during the week.

God offseasons suck, I can't believe I'm reduced to diligently following the membership tracker to get my footy fix

I would have thought it was a shoo in to hit the low 30s if the team performs well, but at the moment we're still only on 5,500 after the December auto renewal date so maybe I was overly optimistic. Hopefully the tracker just takes awhile to update and another 12,000 roll-over renewals will be added to it during the week.

God offseasons suck, I can't believe I'm reduced to diligently following the membership tracker to get my footy fix

Auto-renewal date is today IIRC?

When they had ~3,000 members, none were auto-renewals and 50% were new members.

Auto-renewal date is today IIRC?

When they had ~3,000 members, none were auto-renewals and 50% were new members.

As soon as you wrote that I realised how stupid my assumption it was yesterday was. It will indeed be today, so I guess my obsessive tracker following continues

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back