Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarko, Chris Pelchen, Andrew Russell, Geoff Morris....Junior Burger...Impey, Wingard....
You forgot another one - we paid for him to meet - in 2003 Port paid for him to go to an AIS seminar and went to a lecture given by David Rath on the science of kicking. Clarkson was so captivated by what Rath was doing he sacrificed some of this salary the Hawks paid him so that Hawthorn would employ Rath.

So what do those that know think of the prospect of Craig Vozzo as our next CEO?

Vozzo is a gun. An incredibly astute lawyer and also did player management for over 10 years before going into admin.

Would be a huge get.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is no doubt Clarkson was an absolute sniping campaigner as a player, but I suspect the vast majority of Port supporters would be happy to swap him for kern and Voss.
He's a great coach that's not the problem he picked the eyes out of us as a club & is a massive part of the reason we are a flaming ruin.. he can go fck himself

You forgot another one - we paid for him to meet - in 2003 Port paid for him to go to an AIS seminar and went to a lecture given by David Rath on the science of kicking. Clarkson was so captivated by what Rath was doing he sacrificed some of this salary the Hawks paid him so that Hawthorn would employ Rath.

So Port should sign up one of Rath's best "disciples" as our kicking improvement coach then?

He's a great coach that's not the problem he picked the eyes out of us as a club & is a massive part of the reason we are a flaming ruin.. he can go fck himself

What so he was ruthless in his pursuit of premierships?

Where have I heard that before?

What so he was ruthless in his pursuit of premierships?

Where have I heard that before?
The timeline for Clarko becoming a senior coach was never in sync with his time at Port had you known what he would take away from his stint here you'd never have employed him.

Look we provided the rope with the 2004 mission accomplished atmosphere but he gleefully hung us with it.

The timeline for Clarko becoming a senior coach was never in sync with his time at Port had you known what he would take away from his stint here you'd never have employed him.

Look we provided the rope with the 2004 mission accomplished atmosphere but he gleefully hung us with it.

I don't hate Clarkson for that. I hate us for letting him do it.

All he's doing is exactly what we'd want our senior coach to be doing in the same circumstance. Instead we're stuck with Mr. Somebody's Gotta Lose.

He was gone before the flag was won

So Port should sign up one of Rath's best "disciples" as our kicking improvement coach then?
Don't know if he has one. Sure there are players he has worked with who make good general kicking coach but Rath obviously had an extra ability to impart knowledge on a group rather than just be able to have one on ones. Dont know if he had an off field deputy.

But if you were interviewing people for a kicking job, and the last couple of candidates in the process were very similar but one had worked with Rath for many years, I'd take that guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All he's doing is exactly what we'd want our senior coach to be doing in the same circumstance. Instead we're stuck with Mr. Somebody's Gotta Lose.

Clarkson Big Bob Mcleaned us.

it's more annoying that he did it with Hawthorn. they were the scummiest stand-for-nothing..est club i knew growing up. he gave them Port DNA the bastard!!

But he did to us so yes he's a campaigner and I hate his guts, if it was the other way around I'd love him and want to make babies with him.

Clarko is a great coach that I wish was coaching us but wouldn't surprise me if he didn't win another flag. He had some great leaders on field and some great support off field between 2012 -15. Not sure he has that quality now. Some say he was lucky as he won the 12,13,14 prelims by less than a kick in all of them and won his 3 in a row against non Vic teams on grand final day. But he is still one of the greats in my eyes

Random comment coming in but Boak going on those US fitness trips and Gray spending lots of time and being involved with the list management in the offseason, there's a reason why those two are our clear standouts at this club for years now.

Can never question those two when it comes to bleeding for this club.

Random comment coming in but Boak going on those US fitness trips and Gray spending lots of time and being involved with the list management in the offseason, there's a reason why those two are our clear standouts at this club for years now.

Can never question those two when it comes to bleeding for this club.

Robbie is a special talent but Boak is the best example ever of 'it's not about your talent, it's about what you do with it'. There would be literally dozens of guys who have floated on and off our list over the years with Boak's talent or better who don't make anything of themselves simply because they don't want it as badly as he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back