Academy 2020 Father/Son, NGA and Academy Prospects - The Compromised Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I read a draft preview that said 22 of the projected top 40 are already aligned to clubs. Not sure where Western and Walker sit in the order. Do you have any idea?

It's just the scare mongering.

There might be 4-5 in the first round as a maximum imo.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I read a draft preview that said 22 of the projected top 40 are already aligned to clubs. Not sure where Western and Walker sit in the order. Do you have any idea?
I'd assume in the top 40 the preview is talking about, but neither have been all that impressive to me yet

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
It's just the scare mongering.

There might be 4-5 in the first round as a maximum imo.
13 of the players from last year's futures game went undrafted, 3 that were drafted went in the rookie draft, things change in 12 months, I'd confidently say we won't see 22 academy/FS kids taken across the National draft at all, let alone the top 40

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
13 of the players from last year's futures game went undrafted, 3 that were drafted went in the rookie draft, things change in 12 months, I'd confidently say we won't see 22 academy/FS kids taken across the National draft at all, let alone the top 40
Academy players sometimes get preference in those games so the clubs can have a look

Going a bit early on the daniher compensation pick. If he does decide to leave essendon will match any offer so Sydney will have to trade for him.
With two Academy players to pay for in the top 20 we won't be trading for Daniher who isn't a real need for us anyway. Let's see how JD goes in 2020 eh?

Four of the ten players in Twomey's 2020 10 players to watch list are tied to clubs.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
With two Academy players to pay for in the top 20 we won't be trading for Daniher who isn't a real need for us anyway. Let's see how JD goes in 2020 eh?

Four of the ten players in Twomey's 2020 10 players to watch list are tied to clubs.
I think a few players will go past gulden due to his height. Thats not a bad thing for the swans if he ends up in the 2nd round.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Is there a listing over the past couple of drafts to support the validity of of this conversation, got the ring of a beat up to me, e.g the futures game, never seen any suggestion its selected on merit.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Academy players sometimes get preference in those games so the clubs can have a look
The clubs that kids do work with/at, youd think theyd have a good idea :think:

Is there a listing over the past couple of drafts to support the validity of of this conversation, got the ring of a beat up to me, e.g the futures game, never seen any suggestion its selected on merit.

The showcase of the best talent available for the 2020 NAB AFL Draft

CLUBS will get a closer look at next year's draft pool on Saturday morning when the best 2017 prospects from around the country face off in the NAB Futures Game.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
So did the 2019 game prove anything in terms of the recent draft? What about 2018 ?

Who picks it?
Got to say I've never watched it.
Selected by the head of the AFL Academy, generally 10-15 of those that play don't get selected in the National Draft, with some slipping to the late 4th round as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raymond Rays

Draftee
Dec 4, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone know how Jamarra Ugle-Hagan apart of the Vic Country camp but plays for Oakleigh Chargers?
Thanks

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
With respect ... :rolleyes:

Admittedly forgot about Quaynor but with respect which NGA player was drafted lower and has a rising star nom? Thomas is front of the very small field so far, that he plays for my team is only a medium sized factor in that opinion.

Edit: the bloke that mentioned Quaynor deleted his post :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back