Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
Fact Check Banner 2.png

We all like a laugh in the land of Sweet, don’t we?

Who
doesn’t like a quiet, considered guffaw at a witty one-liner, a melt or an outlandish statement? Who doesn't like adding a bit of extra condiment every now and then?

None of us. That’s who.

The SFA is a home for whimsy; it puts the ‘fantasy’ into “text-based fantasy game”.

But let me tell you something, the good people of Sweet. There is one thing more important in this fantasy world than fun and mirth. And that thing is FACT.

I’m sure we can all agree that a post in here is not worth the binary code it’s written in if it is not entirely factual.

But I’ve come to notice that some people around these parts play fast and loose with facts. It’s almost as though they have driven through the tollbooth of facts and forgot to give any *s on the way past.

Below is just one example of misleading claims - name has been redacted to protect the identity of U2tigers...

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 12.51.55 pm copy.png

Facts are becoming even more important at this time of year, as false claims are made to pad credentials and bravado and bluster is reaching peak levels.

But never fear! I, the Doyen of Truth and Knower of Certain Things, am here to provide a service to those of you who spot a potential untruth and wish for a trusted authority to put its veracity to the test. I may also seek truth partners to assist with the doubtlessly heavy load of cases to process.

Simply tag me to alert me to posts you feel may not be completely true (or quote them in here) and I
might if I can be bothered will definitely seek the truth on your behalf. We will deliver you a ‘fact rating’ to put your mind at rest once and for all.

We seek not to influence or skew, but to instead shine a truth light on the unseemly fact-free corners of this godforsaken joint.

Because as American President John Adams once said…

“Facts are stubborn things;
and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations,
or the dictates of our passions,
they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence”

View attachment 787857

Who
doesn’t like a quiet, considered guffaw at a witty one-liner, a melt or an outlandish statement? Who doesn't like adding a bit of extra condiment every now and then?

None of us. That’s who.

The SFA is a home for whimsy; it puts the ‘fantasy’ into “text-based fantasy game”.

But let me tell you something, the good people of Sweet. There is one thing more important in this fantasy world than fun and mirth. And that thing is FACT.

I’m sure we can all agree that a post in here is not worth the binary code it’s written in if it is not entirely factual.

But I’ve come to notice that some people around these parts play fast and loose with facts. It’s almost as though they have driven through the tollbooth of facts and forgot to give any fu**s on the way past.

Below is just one example of misleading claims - name has been redacted to protect the identity of U2tigers...

View attachment 787877

Facts are becoming even more important at this time of year, as false claims are made to pad credentials and bravado and bluster is reaching peak levels.

But never fear! I, the Doyen of Truth and Knower of Certain Things, am here to provide a service to those of you who spot a potential untruth and wish for a trusted authority to put its veracity to the test. I may also seek truth partners to assist with the doubtlessly heavy load of cases to process.

Simply tag me to alert me to posts you feel may not be completely true (or quote them in here) and I
might if I can be bothered will definitely seek the truth on your behalf. We will deliver you a ‘fact rating’ to put your mind at rest once and for all.

We seek not to influence or skew, but to instead shine a truth light on the unseemly fact-free corners of this godforsaken joint.

Oh dear, My truthful post has really got to you.

Fact 1 - In season 25 I played as a Ruck

Fact 2 - In S25 I made the All Sweet F.A. team. - In the Ruck position

following so far.

Fact 3 - S27 - I played as a Ruck

And yep you guessed it I have fact 4.

Fact 4 - I made the All Sweet F.A. team

Lock thread.

Oh dear, My truthful post has really got to you.

Fact 1 - In season 25 I played as a Ruck

Fact 2 - In S25 I made the All Sweet F.A. team. - In the Ruck position

following so far.

Fact 3 - S27 - I played as a Ruck

And yep you guessed it I have fact 4.

Fact 4 - I made the All Sweet F.A. team

Lock thread.
Misleading at best.
Oh and if you are going to try and discredit my Integrity - at least TAG me in this FAKE news thread of yours.
I clearly redacted the offending poster’s name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and if you are going to try and discredit my Integrity - at least TAG me in this FAKE news thread of yours.

Great idea for a thread by the way.

How do you know he is talking about you?

View attachment 787857

Who

None of us. That’s who.

But I’ve come to notice that some people around these parts play fast and loose with facts. It’s almost as though they have driven through the tollbooth of facts and forgot to give any fu**s on the way past.

View attachment 787877

giphy.gif

Back