TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
I really don’t think we drafted him as a full forward.
We drafted a full forward not long ago & traded 1 in this year.
Maybe we recruited him as a 3rd tall option.

It doesn’t matter too much as Clarkson likes his players to be versatile, so wherever he played his juniors is pretty much irrelevant

Whilst he is 186cm I think he has the capacity to play the small forward role, seems to have plenty of forward craft, reads the ball well, and just knows where the goals are.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 16.01.22.png
Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 15.59.19.png

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Was over 10 years ago, don’t think too many have made it since then. Just saying that I hope he’s got some serious forward pressure or another string to his bow, cause mark and lead undersized full forwards really struggle at afl level

Have you considered that he could be a Luke Breust type?

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have you considered that he could be a Luke Breust type?
Didn’t see many crumbing goals or big tackles in all those highlights. A lot of lead and mark stuff. Was hoping for abit more of a traditional small forward but it’ll be interesting to see what the club has in store for him

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Didn’t see many crumbing goals or big tackles in all those highlights. A lot of lead and mark stuff. Was hoping for abit more of a traditional small forward but it’ll be interesting to see what the club has in store for him
Luke Bruest didn't tackle in his first few years. Was purely a goal sneak with a side step. Was dropped in the 2011 finals due to lack of defensive pressure.

I don't think he's played the small forward role at school or U18 level.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't think he's played the small forward role at school or U18 level.
that’s pretty much my point, he’s been playing as an undersized full forward. Would’ve been good to see him play a small forward role, or abit more Wing if that’s what they are thinking for him

that’s pretty much my point, he’s been playing as an undersized full forward. Would’ve been good to see him play a small forward role, or abit more Wing if that’s what they are thinking for him
To be honest, there aren't that many 190cm+ players roaming around school footy.

He's played where he plays best. Where he plays in the future is the exciting bit.

Luke Bruest didn't tackle in his first few years. Was purely a goal sneak with a side step. Was dropped in the 2011 finals due to lack of defensive pressure.
Actually he was benched for dropping his head twice during the final against the cats opposed to josh hunt and then never appeared for a game for the rest of the final series. He learnt pretty quickly that you need to go when its your turn

Back