why is our board called "North Melbourne Kangaroos"?

Remove this Banner Ad

When this forum was established, we were known as just the Kangaroos. It was later altered to include North Melbourne. Nowadays we're one of 6 boards to include their mascot in the name. Meh.

GoDees fans actually kicked up a stink when our board changed from Kanagroos to North Melbourne Kangaroos, because the board list was done alphabetically and Kangaroos was ahead of Melbourne in the alphabet.

When we changed to North Melb our board listing didn’t change and we were still ahead of Melbourne.

Someone noticed and they all did a boycott protest and our board got moved and listed after Melbourne.

Bunch of losers tbh.

Responsibilities lie with admin to change cosmetic stuff on the forums

If it is something that people genuinely want changed we can put it forward to admin
So just turn up to Chadstone with placards chanting ‘hey hey North Kangaroos no way!’?

Last edited:
So do just turn up to Chadstone with placards chanting ‘hey hey North Kangaroos no way!’?

Pretty much, but allow us time to find a free table (which can take ages) and to chow down on our starters beforehand ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GoDees fans actually kicked up a stink when our board changed from Kanagroos to North Melbourne Kangaroos, because the board list was done alphabetically and Kangaroos was ahead of Melbourne in the alphabet.

When we changed to North Melb our board listing didn’t change and we were still ahead of Melbourne.

Someone noticed and they all did a boycott protest and our board got moved and listed after Melbourne.

Bunch of losers tbh.
change it to
Coach Scamper Presents: The North Melbourne Football Club AKA the Kangaroos and then we will be ahead of them.
10984.jpeg

I thought it was a leftover of an era where the club changed name from North Melbourne to Kangaroos and back to North Melbourne again and people were calling us different things, it kind of covered all bases. Can probably dump the Kangaroos part on the forum now.

Can probably dump the Kangaroos part on the forum now.

If we change the name to just "North Melbourne" then maybe Carey can start using it also!!!!

******* Kangaroos, kangaroos, kangaroos, he shits me to tears when he constantly does that.

The Kangaroo is a stupid gimmick dreamed up in the 1950's, and I couldn't care if it disappeared for good.

let's call the board North Melbourne-Albert Park-West Melbourne-Essendon Association-The Kangaroos Football Club to make sure the entire history of the club is included
You forgot Hotham. It should read:

North Melbourne-Albert Park cum North Melbourne-Hotham-North Melbourne-West Melbourne-Essendon Association-North Melbourne-Kangaroos-North Melbourne Football Club.

:)

If we change the name to just "North Melbourne" then maybe Carey can start using it also!!!!

******* Kangaroos, kangaroos, kangaroos, he shits me to tears when he constantly does that.

The Kangaroo is a stupid gimmick dreamed up in the 1950's, and I couldn't care if it disappeared for good.

"Kangaroos" as a label seems to be stuck with the people who thought we should have gone to the Gold Coast, I think it is a pretty good icon and I don't mind it's use for marketing purposes, but it shouldn't be associated with the name of the club imo. I understand why it was used, back at a time the board tried to move the club wherever, it was easier to sell Kangaroos to foreigners than North Melbourne. Hopefully, those days are over with.

"Kangaroos" as a label seems to be stuck with the people who thought we should have gone to the Gold Coast, I think it is a pretty good icon and I don't mind it's use for marketing purposes, but it shouldn't be associated with the name of the club imo. I understand why it was used, back at a time the board tried to move the club wherever, it was easier to sell Kangaroos to foreigners than North Melbourne. Hopefully, those days are over with.

The club deferred to it as a better marketing tool when they were roaming all over the country looking for expansion markets.

That would be a long way down the priority list for most of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back