Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You honestly believe that?

As I posted, it is my "hunch" Pykie.

I didn't state anything about Majak other than a query on his fitness and match readiness. This is understandable. You are strawmanning.

If we are going to tend to "sit off" the defensive contest, then a small for a tall makes more sense to me.

I don't actually know how he is going to set it up. You don't "100%" know either.

I agree Maj is a lock if he gets back to where he left off in 2018. However, it’s still a very big question mark. It would be a phenomenal effort on his part if he were to manage it - I think. The odds are still very much against him. We can but hope...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the odds are against Maj, it won't be his physical condition, he's 100% fine, can he regain the confidence to display what has been stated put him in elite company back in 2018 is the question.

Confidence is the key here and he's got plenty of match type simulation to get him back to what he does best.

Worry for McDonald, not sure Rhyce will tolerate is poor skills. Can Macmillan get hos intensity to the required level is the question.
Ahern I nee d to enquire about as his fitness base was s**t house, has the skills that Shaw wants in the side though. Anyone seen fat guts Ahern, has he trimmed down a bit?

Williams is a lock, so Pittard & EVW seems always injured. Wood has all the tools to be a decent HBF as you clearly already believe.
Why do I feel, Shaw speaks McDonalds language.. like an old mule the only way to get it move is bring out the whip.

Poor kid has been crying out for discipline yet he got a lesson building a property portfolio.

Last edited:

Reading the comments on the past training and coaching regimens it’s amazing we how we even won any games. How bad must the blues, dees be

As I posted, it is my "hunch" Pykie.

I didn't state anything about Majak other than a query on his fitness and match readiness. This is understandable. You are strawmanning.

If we are going to tend to "sit off" the defensive contest, then a small for a tall makes more sense to me.

I don't actually know how he is actually going to set it up. You don't "100%" know either.

Shaw played a 3 man tall defence of Tarrant, Thompson and Durdin in every single one of his 9 matches in charge last year.

I'll take that over your "hunch".

Add to the fact Majak is our best intercept defender, by a ******* mile, McDonald and MacMillan will be in the VFL before Majak is if they are all fully fit, as much as that realisation pains you given he is on your hated list, along with Ahern and Dumont...

Shaw played a 3 man tall defence of Tarrant, Thompson and Durdin in every single one of his 9 matches in charge last year.

Yep Daw and Taz locks

I think Josh Walker will be given first go also ahead of Durdin to form the 3 talls

Then if form dips Durdin will come in for whoever

I drove past Saturday afternoon and can confirm that there was no one training

Likely due to the players having a pre-booked Super Saturday house auction crawl organised by Bon a few months ago.

Livin' the dream! What a highlight in the young lives of these blokes. *jealous*

The consensus on the StKilda board seems to be that they will roll with 2 x KPF's (King & Marshall/Ryder) and the tweener Membrey.

Add to the fact Majak is our best intercept defender, by a ******* mile, McDonald and MacMillan will be in the VFL before Majak is if they are all fully fit, as much as that realisation pains you given he is on your hated list, along with Ahern and Dumont...

Okay, go have a lie down now.

Maj will get Marshall /ryder and follow him to the ruck
Tarrant on king
Walker on membrey

Perhaps.

You have never been short on confidence tZ, regardless of the repeated outcomes.

If the odds are against Maj, it won't be his physical condition, he's 100% fine, can he regain the confidence to display what has been stated put him in elite company back in 2018 is the question.

Confidence is the key here and he's got plenty of match type simulation to get him back to what he does best.

I really hope you’re right.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The consensus on the StKilda board seems to be that they will roll with 2 x KPF's (King & Marshall/Ryder) and the tweener Membrey.

Okay, go have a lie down now.

Try to keep up.

Stop living in the 70's.

Man-on-man defences and match up's are basically irrelevant.

Majak will be there as the mop up intercept marking defender that Pittard had to try and fill in for this year.

If they had no key forwards, Majak would still be playing the same role, his role isn't a lockdown one, it's to win the ball back for us.

Teams still kick the ball, in the air, into the forward half of the ground regardless of their forward makeup.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the comments on the past training and coaching regimens it’s amazing we how we even won any games. How bad must the blues, dees be
And how badly they are getting to smacked by us next year.

I am actually worried about loss of Scotty T.

Hopefully Durdin and McKay can step it up (i prefer Daw loose not lock down), and they may well, but i think some underestimate ST value not just as a player but support for Tarrant. Underrated player IMO.

I wish he had gone for one more year as i think his form deserved it, but i respect his decision (assuming it was his and not pushed out)

Hopefully Durdin and McKay can step it up (i prefer Daw loose not lock down), and they may well, but i think some underestimate ST value not just as a player but support for Tarrant. Underrated player IMO.

I wish he had gone for one more year as i think his form deserved it, but i respect his decision (assuming it was his and not pushed out)
Josh Walker brought in for this exact reason and should get first crack at replacing scooter

:oops: - Not sure how you worked Jamie into this one?

Jaspar has impressed all, you're correct, he apparently was told not to take the game on under BS, and has been told to back himself and run.

Oh also Bonar build like a truck, but has explosive pace, flew out of the blocks at one stage and left all in his wake. Chins hit the ground. They say he's got all the tools but lacks game sense ( rolls eyes) and confidence, is a very bright kid.

This is where coaches earn their cash.

Maj though I believe is looking good , dishes out the don't argues and has clean skills.
Just wondering is Hayden on the track or still in the gym?

Josh Walker brought in for this exact reason and should get first crack at replacing scooter

Well ok, if you are confident i'll go with it.

Wasn't Tippett (a so-called gun mature) brought in for same reason?

It didn't end well. ST was a damn good defender and natural elite competitor.

Well ok, if you are confident i'll go with it.

Wasn't Tippett (a so-called gun mature) brought in for same reason?

It didn't end well. ST was a damn good defender.
Difference is Tippett hadnt proven himself at afl level when joining us

Very confident with our new scooter replacement

Try to keep up.

Stop living in the 70's.

Man-on-man defences and match up's are basically irrelevant.

Majak will be there as the mop up intercept marking defender that Pittard had to try and fill in for this year.

If they had no key forwards, Majak would still be playing the same role, his role isn't a lockdown one, it's to win the ball back for us.

Teams still kick the ball, in the air, into the forward half of the ground regardless of their forward makeup.....
When Daws up a running good luck kicking it within 30m of him.
such a weapon.

With Tarrant being around 31 when the season starts, probably can't lose too many KPDs around the same time, I think it is why we picked up Walker, to help us cover the loss of Thompson and eventually Tarrant. Walker only just turned 27 so he has a bit more petrol in the tank. Daw is almost 29 as well so even if he is able to resume to the same standard he played when he last played, we don't have a massive amount of time with them. It is why Durdin and McKay are important to us, you need continuity with the playing group if you want consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back