Analysis Flag number 5

Remove this Banner Ad

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think removing Scott and Shaw coming in a huge positive.

Bringing in plenty of new assistants and ideas another big step whether it works or not.

Results might suggest otherwise in time, but i'm very happy in where we are at and action taken.

So sure, we would all love flag number 5 in 2020, but i doubt expected (certainly possible like Tigers and Bulldogs fluked it).

What are our expectations in the coming years of our club on-field? What are reasonable results to look forward to with our list? (assuming fit etc)

I want finals at a minimum in 2020 and top 4 within 3 years.

Last edited:

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
I think removing Scott and Shaw coming in a huge positive.

Bringing in plenty of new assistants and ideas another big step whether it works or not.

Results might suggest otherwise in time, but i'm very happy in where we are at and action taken.

So sure, we would all love flag number 5 in 2020, but i doubt expected (certainly possible like Tigers and Bulldogs fluked it).

What are our expectations in the coming years of our club on-field? What are reasonable results to look forward to with our list? (assuming fit etc)
should be Scamper coming in

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When was last time we finished top 4?

We need more.

Been a decade at least.

Roscoe

Premium Platinum
Oct 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
KANGAROOS
I am confident that the days of selecting favorites week in and week out is over. That alone will almost guarantee a rise up the ladder as good form is rewarded and poor individual performances will actually have consequences. No names mentioned but we all have a good idea which players need to lift their game.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
50 per cent isn't good enough NN.

I want better (maybe unreasonably)

I agree, I'm mortified by what we have become or became. Un-******* acceptable. I'm just looking forward to going to the footy again and knowing in my heart of hearts we've prepared the best we can and there will be no quarter given.

And if we can send a few players into orbit like Danger for example I'll leave content regardless of the result.Can only ask we do our collective best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I'm sick of of being average and "hoping to be able to match the best teams" etc

Be the best team FFS.
I agree, I'm mortified by what we have become or became...

And if we can send a few players into orbit like Danger for example I'll leave content regardless of the result. Can only ask we do our collective best.
Make up your mind. ;) Send Danger (fairly) into orbit and WIN! Acts like that are hollow unless you back it up on the scoreboard.

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree, I'm mortified by what we have become or became. Un-******* acceptable. I'm just looking forward to going to the footy again and knowing in my heart of hearts we've prepared the best we can and there will be no quarter given

Yep. Totally agree.

The spineless, inconsistent group we've put out must stop.

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree, I'm mortified by what we have become or became. Un-******* acceptable. I'm just looking forward to going to the footy again and knowing in my heart of hearts we've prepared the best we can and there will be no quarter given.

If results come even better (and i want them) but a well prepared and disciplined team (running both ways, tackling etc) is not too much to ask for surely.

I expect the flag next year.

The coach said it himself. He's here to win premierships and I'm prepared to take him at his word.

If it takes a year to get up to speed then at minimum we make finals and play prelims. At minimum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back