PowerLil

Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
This is how I imagine it went

"Hello Mitch speaking"
"Yeah g'day mitch I'd like to order 3 large supremes and a couple of 2L coke zeroes thanks"
"Sorry what?"
"Yeah you're right, better make it 3 coke zeroes"
"Sorry I think you have the wrong number"
"Aw jeez this isn't Domino's? Well who's this?"
"Mitch Georgiadis"
"Cough. Haha yeah ERM.. just playing a little joke on ya there Mitchy... How'd you like to play for poradelaide?"
"Wow that'd be amazing!"
"Yeah no worries, see you on Monday"

Ken puts the phone down: "where's the bloody number for Domino's, I've ******* recruited someone again"
Bassett: "ken you said with Motlop it'd be the last time. Who'd you call?"
"Georgiadis. Wonder if he knows how to do a good souvlaki?"
"Georgiadis? Ya joking can't believe he didn't go higher"

Or something
He wouldn't have a clue what souvlaki is.

He'd just chuck it over his shoulder in front of the Greek Ambassador.

This is how I imagine it went

"Hello Mitch speaking"
"Yeah g'day mitch I'd like to order 3 large supremes and a couple of 2L coke zeroes thanks"
"Sorry what?"
"Yeah you're right, better make it 3 coke zeroes"
"Sorry I think you have the wrong number"
"Aw jeez this isn't Domino's? Well who's this?"
"Mitch Georgiadis"
"Cough. Haha yeah ERM.. just playing a little joke on ya there Mitchy... How'd you like to play for poradelaide?"
"Wow that'd be amazing!"
"Yeah no worries, see you on Monday"

Ken puts the phone down: "where's the bloody number for Domino's, I've ******* recruited someone again"
Bassett: "ken you said with Motlop it'd be the last time. Who'd you call?"
"Georgiadis. Wonder if he knows how to do a good souvlaki?"
"Georgiadis? Ya joking can't believe he didn't go higher"

Or something
Awesome post. :thumbsu:

Friday night I was thinking Mitchell is Jack Darling's height. Then I realized that for a few years I have doubted the stats on Darling as he looks as tall as Kennedy who is listed at 196cm. Could be an optical illusion, Darling has a long torso, but I reckon he is taller than his official height.

Found this story from The West on 10th November and he was likened to Darling. Subi coach reckons he will become a floating forward rather than a KPF.

1575204487398.png

1575204510600.png

MrPlow

Oct 25, 2015
Nothing wrong with a smaller KPF who has more athleticism & mobility over sheer height. Not all 200cm blokes are as smooth as Buddy or Lynch, in fact most are clunky and awkward.

With modern comparisons, Georgiades is in the same height range as both Riewoldts, Darling, Pavlich, Lloyd, Fevola, Walker, Schulz and of course Tredrea. And he’s still got time to grow.

Mark Duffield in the West Australia wrote in his 16th November article, that is on the Freo board, but no link.

Meanwhile Geelong appear interested in Mitch Georgiades, who was kept out of football in 2019 after a serious quad injury. The Cats have picks 14, 17 and 24 after trading Tim Kelly to West Coast and could use the third of those picks on Georgiades.

Jul 17, 2010
Friday night I was thinking Mitchell is Jack Darling's height. Then I realized that for a few years I have doubted the stats on Darling as he looks as tall as Kennedy who is listed at 196cm. Could be an optical illusion, Darling has a long torso, but I reckon he is taller than his official height.

Found this story from The West on 10th November and he was likened to Darling. Subi coach reckons he will become a floating forward rather than a KPF.

View attachment 787709

View attachment 787710
darling (191cm) alongside sheppard (187cm)

1575206435280.png

Been reading Freo and WCE boards re Georgiades. Freo posters had good comments about him but knew they didn't have picks to get him because they would have 7,8 and then bid on McHenry and therefore their 3 or 4 other picks would be eliminated.

WCE board liked him as well but wondered how could they get a pick in the 30's to get him and knew he wasn't going to slide to their pick in the late 40's. A couple of people said they would be pissed off if Geelong took him at 24 ie the second round pick they gave up for Tim Kelly. One poster Monocle was keen on him and wrote a few times about him and said in early November

Very talented and athletic kid , that can actually ALSO play football, so his athleticism is not wasted.
Bonus is that he is also very strong over head.

Runs a 11.3 second 100 meters .
For a kid that age any time within the 10.9 - 11.4 seconds , 100 meter time... that is seriously quick.

He ran a 2.93 ..... 20 meter sprint at the Combine. : Rule of thumb is anything under 3.00 seconds is noteworthy.
By way of comparison : Ahmad Saad ran 2.86, Jack Petrucelle ran 2.87 and Brad Hill 2.88.

I was, ( in a past life :p ) an athletics coach ( sprints ) in the PSA system and as such I can appreciate how his sprinting time will translate into and look like in a game.

Georgiades is a talent

When we took him at 18 and a few people thought we could have got him with our 3rd pick but Monocle said the following reply to a poster who questioned both our Bergman and Georgiades pick

Also it should came as no surprise that Port took them both as they were heavily linked as players that Port had spent considerable effort researching. The rumour mill has been awash linking Port to Bergman in particular, for the last two weeks. Port, Geelong and Richmond had all been liked to Georgiades as a possible first round pick so no real shock there.

Oct 4, 2016
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Mark Duffield in the West Australia wrote in his 16th November article, that is on the Freo board, but no link.

Meanwhile Geelong appear interested in Mitch Georgiades, who was kept out of football in 2019 after a serious quad injury. The Cats have picks 14, 17 and 24 after trading Tim Kelly to West Coast and could use the third of those picks on Georgiades.
The Cats recruiter looked pissed off at the draft. I hope this was the reason

You can't blame them. They've had to deal with so much unfairness for at least the last 20 years.

FPPF

May 9, 2013

The Cats shouldn't worry, with Hinkley in charge he will probably be gone within two years. They'll snap him up for nothing.

Nov 6, 2014
Was interesting observing the various club’s rooms during the draft.
Crows looked to be sweating profusely and totally confused.
Ports looked pretty chilled and in control.
And one of the clubs, I can’t remember which one, seemed to have about 30 people in their room.