Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Suffice to say Paul has impressed more than expected in his new role...the coaches seem rapt...
Had a chat will Paul at the quarter time break at the VFL and he said he feels he is starting to get the feel for his new role and really enjoying it.

No harm in letting him play out the season off half back. Still got plenty to work on with his game, but plenty of time to work on those. His vision and foot skills are quality as it is.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So where do we see Paul in 2020?

Is he our classy half back now? Shifting into Higgos role if he leaves? Depth? Trade bait?

Tough year for the lad, he's really hard to get a read on right now. Obviously has some elements we sorely need, but where does he fit?

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So where do we see Paul in 2020?

Is he our classy half back now? Shifting into Higgos role if he leaves? Depth? Trade bait?

Tough year for the lad, he's really hard to get a read on right now. Obviously has some elements we sorely need, but where does he fit?

In a team void of elite kicking it doesn’t matter where he plays but you have to make him fit somewhere in the 22.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, I'm hoping he can get himself good to go for next season and we can move Higgins forward. Who needs pace when you can turn on a dime and hit a target 40m away?

Another big pre-season in his legs and I think the accountability side of his game will improve drastically. As long as he as that big pre season I’m confident he’ll have a big breakout season next year.

Pauly has assets we are in dire need of with his vision, decision making and disposal, it is up to Rhyce to utilise them to advantage, and add value as well, some hard work on running, tackling, and defense will make him a very valuable piece of the puzzle. I still have faith that barring injury, he can do it.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pauly has assets we are in dire need of with his vision, decision making and disposal, it is up to Rhyce to utilise them to advantage, and add value as well, some hard work on running, tackling, and defense will make him a very valuable piece of the puzzle. I still have faith that barring injury, he can do it.
Lets hope so. He definitely has the talent and the persistence. Im really interested in seeing how he fits into the team next year. Him, LDU and TT are a very exciting core to build upon

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Scamper to set the parameters, Pauley to put in the hard yards over preseason. He’ll be our most improved.
IMG_0741.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He'll definitely need to bring more to the table if reports about the coaches standards are correct.

He's at the crossroads.
Absolutely, the gap is far too wide, he certainly has given himself the best opportunity to prove his worth. Im not sure he’s starting 22 yet but he can certainly be best 18 by the bye

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I'm hoping. He's little more than a Bastinac with neater foot skills at the moment.
In terms of achievement to date, he might as well be. But his decision-making is elite. I think he just needs the want to go with it.

Uh huh! He didnt look like that last year.. something tells me theres some buzz around the club this year 🤔

Last season he was half the size he was in his debut year. From working hard, but he looked scrawny. Could just be the photo but he looks stronger and leaner now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back