hendo8888

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide 36ers
I learned today that Kieran Strachan is 24, and is our 20th oldest player, 2 months younger than ROB, older than Frampton. I just assumed he was like 19.
What are people's expectations of him this year? Is he any chance of making his debut at some point?

hendo8888

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide 36ers
Worrell needs a big preseason if he going to debut in 2020, still on the lighter side for a big man. McAsey OK as he is starting at 91kg, Give him a decent preseason and he will play at around the 95kg mark.
But Worrel is only 83kg. He not going to crack the 90kg mark this pre-season without a lot of work, Remember some were talking about Himmelberg being to light when he was only 90kg,
Frampton more of a chance than both in the Forward Line, Big unit with some tow, who can take a contested mark,
While McAsey will be fighting for a spot in the defense. and overtake Hartigan by season end if not before.
Long term story may be different. But I see Worrell as playing a Hoff type role down the track
Where did you get current weights? Footywire has Worrell listed as 74kg. So he's already put on 9kg from whenever that was measured (seems unlikely that he'd put on like 20kg in a year). McAsey is 86.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I learned today that Kieran Strachan is 24, and is our 20th oldest player, 2 months younger than ROB, older than Frampton. I just assumed he was like 19.
What are people's expectations of him this year? Is he any chance of making his debut at some point?
I liked his year, showed a bit. No question he deserved another year.

Dont necessarily have high expectations but there’s no doubt he has some tools and who knows what his ceiling is really.

Mostly I liked his capacity to clunk marks up forward and kick accurately for goal.

He’s a big lad - over 200cm I think, so a late bloomer. Will continue to watch him closely to see if he develops further .

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Ideally play the majority of games:
Hamill
Sholl
McAdam
McHenry

Couple of games for experience:
McAsey
Worell
Schoenberg

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Where did you get current weights? Footywire has Worrell listed as 74kg. So he's already put on 9kg from whenever that was measured (seems unlikely that he'd put on like 20kg in a year). McAsey is 86.

Josh Worrell
Height: 195cm
Weight: 83kg

Fischer McAsey
Height: 197cm
Weight: 91kg

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ideally play the majority of games:
Hamill
Sholl
McAdam
McHenry

Couple of games for experience:
McAsey
Worell
Schoenberg
I'd like to see that, but I don't think Hamill has shown enough last year to suggest he is ready for a full season, likewise McAdam.

Sholl however, should be a lock from game 1 and as long as Ned is physically ready, he plays all year too for me.

I can't see why McAsey can't play 10-15 games, and I'd put Schoenberg down for 8-10

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Josh Worrell
Height: 195cm
Weight: 83kg

Fischer McAsey
Height: 197cm
Weight: 91kg
I love that we finally have some 195cm+ KPPs in our team! They can compete height wise with the new age of Kings, Andrews, McKay, Brown, etc

Edit: Just noticed Talia is 197cm...well there you go, he doesn't look it!

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
McAsey , Worrell , Schoenberg , McAdam and Sholl to get a run no matter even if it is a few games . Got a feeling McAsey will be able to manage a few more .
Butts as well , just give them a taste especially at home ... it will inspire them all to know what the big stage feels like , it drives the will and want .
McHenry to take as many games as he can take without breaking him ... maybe 6-8 , if he is cherry ripe then he can max out at 12-14 .

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Sholl. I’m very keen to see how he goes this year; that leg will be a nice addition to the half back line.

I wanted to see how quick he is and went on a fruitless search to find his combine 20m sprint time (anyone?).

I did find this though, which shows both his level of commitment to improving himself and his upside as he builds his body in an AFL system - which has already shown a bit with his gun growth in the last couple of months.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
I'd like to see that, but I don't think Hamill has shown enough last year to suggest he is ready for a full season, likewise McAdam.

Sholl however, should be a lock from game 1 and as long as Ned is physically ready, he plays all year too for me.

I can't see why McAsey can't play 10-15 games, and I'd put Schoenberg down for 8-10
In the couple of free to air SANFL games I saw last year, I had Hamill ahead of Sholl. Defended his opponent really well, won contests, provided run with each possession. Few possessions but high impact per possession.

If rumours about McAdam are correct then it’s wishful thinking from me that he will play any games let alone 22 games.

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Worrel looks exciting from the clips. He seems like a Fyfe type but even if he only ends up like a younger version of Greenwood then I think we're on a winner.

hugecannon

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Injuries permitted I want:-

Jones, McHenry, Fogarty, Schoenberg and Gallucci to play every game.
McAsey and Scholl to play 18-20 games
Hamill to play 10 games
McPherson to play a full year without injuries

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
In the couple of free to air SANFL games I saw last year, I had Hamill ahead of Sholl. Defended his opponent really well, won contests, provided run with each possession. Few possessions but high impact per possession.

If rumours about McAdam are correct then it’s wishful thinking from me that he will play any games let alone 22 games.

Hamill barely touched the pill in a number of games. He needs to offer more before he gets a look at AFL level; I like him though.

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins

Yes...I've stated twice in other posts IMO he could make his debut this year. :)

Back