Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Also when Greusome releasing a new album, need some decent death to jive out to over the summer ..

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
i would argue that list is pretty good, but i think im a fair bit younger than the regulars in here and grew up with the -core genres being pretty huge so im biased towards them

At least some very strong core albums made the list. It's a pretty strong list of albums actually.
Should have been Horizons instead of Deep Blue for Parkway Drive.
Low Teens by Every Time I Die deserves a much higher slot as well.

It's probably just HHH. Can you blame anyone with albumart like that and his 'manifesto'? It's hard to take them seriously tbh.
Agreed. I don't mind his worldview, but the presentation is a bit much. I must say I am finding this new album intriguing though. The way he uses the gltichy electronic elements shouldn't work, but I have to say it's pretty impressive.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Liturgy have a pretty bad reputation, but have to say their new album is pretty damn interesting. Yet to really digest it though.
"New"? It's pretty old by now:

Solid stuff.

PS Of course I know the other Liturgy. Saw them live some time ago. Pretty boring considering they have not only a bad reputation by some, but also a reputation of being somehow progressive by others.

"New"? It's pretty old by now:

Solid stuff.

PS Of course I know the other Liturgy. Saw them live some time ago. Pretty boring considering they have not only a bad reputation by some, but also a reputation of being somehow progressive by others.

Don't get me wrong, their old stuff is extremely bland and I don't care for it at all. New album is a different beast IMO.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I found my perfect jumper

FB_IMG_1575251132455.jpg

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Baroness with Deftones is an interesting combo for a sideshow. I think ill go to that, The Hu and maybe Testament in Brisbane. Thinking hard about not going to Download with those 3 sideshows. I just need Clutch and/or Carcass to announce a Brisbane sideshow and i think i'll probably skip Download

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Baroness with Deftones is an interesting combo for a sideshow. I think ill go to that, The Hu and maybe Testament in Brisbane. Thinking hard about not going to Download with those 3 sideshows. I just need Clutch and/or Carcass to announce a Brisbane sideshow and i think i'll probably skip Download

The DL poster stated that the festival would be the only Clutch Australian shows.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
The DL poster stated that the festival would be the only Clutch Australian shows.
Oh yeah, thanks for letting me know, but that sucks. I guess I'll probably end up going for Clutch, Carcass, Alestorm and Ne Obliviscaris then. Jimmy Eat World potentially for nostalgia if nothing else is on. I'm also worried Download won't come back if it struggles next year so i'll try to support it. That said I'm hoping desperately for 2-3 bands that suit my taste on the 2nd announcement!

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Oh yeah, thanks for letting me know, but that sucks. I guess I'll probably end up going for Clutch, Carcass, Alestorm and Ne Obliviscaris then. Jimmy Eat World potentially for nostalgia if nothing else is on. I'm also worried Download won't come back if it struggles next year so i'll try to support it. That said I'm hoping desperately for 2-3 bands that suit my taste on the 2nd announcement!

I hear ya. If I lived in Sydney or Melbourne I'd definitely be going but at this point it's not enough to entice me over. I have my fingers crossed for Carcass or Testament sideshows.
I find it hard to say no to any gigs that interest me, really. Next year I have Uncle Acid, CoC and Iron Maiden lined up and still need to get tickets for Obituary and Kadavar. My mate is keen on Yawning Man and Truckfighters. Will be a hectic few months.

Back