HF: Greenwood Wright Ainsworth
FF: Sexton King Rankine
R: Witts Brodie Bowes

I: Rowell Fiorini Anderson Flanders

EMG: Miller Hombsch Hanley Corbett

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Throwing a hypothetical out there. Just say we were hit with the usual number of injuries by about round 8 and the following players were all out injured at the same time :-
Thompson
Collins
Hanley
Ainsworth
Witts
Rankine
Day
King
Hombsch
Anderson
Powell
&
Brodie

What would your best 22 minus these blokes be?

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Throwing a hypothetical out there. Just say we were hit with the usual number of injuries by about round 8 and the following players were all out injured at the same time :-
Thompson
Collins
Hanley
Ainsworth
Witts
Rankine
Day
King
Hombsch
Anderson
Powell
&
Brodie

I struggle with defence. Could put there Joyce, McLennan, Murdoch. Anyway, I give opportunity to Sharp, let's see what he can do on the wing and put Weller back.

B Harbrow Graham Burgess
HB Lukosius Ballard Weller
C Sharp Greenwood B. Ellis
HF Sexton Corbett Flanders
F Macpherson Wright Lemmens
Foll Smith Swallow Fiorini
Int Holman Bowes Miller Rowell

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Thompson
Collins
Hanley
Ainsworth
Witts
Rankine
Day
King
Hombsch
Anderson
Powell
&
Brodie

FB: Joyce Ballard Burgess
HB: Weller Graham Harbrow
C: B. Ellis Swallow Murdoch
HF: Greenwood Wright MacPherson
FF: Sexton Lukosius Holman
R: Smith Bowes Rowell

I: Miller Fiorini Flanders Sharp

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Thompson
Collins
Hanley
Ainsworth
Witts
Rankine
Day
King
Hombsch
Anderson
Powell
&
Brodie

If they are all injured by round 8 I’m gonna blame it all on you sun god. Putting the moz on us;)

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If they are all injured by round 8 I’m gonna blame it all on you sun god. Putting the moz on us;)
I’m trying a bit of reverse psychology on the footy gods. :p
Surely we’re due for a better injury run, and as Jirik13 and RowellAnderson12 demonstrated above, that’s still probably a better side than the ones we fielded in the second half of last season. Miles isn’t listed in either of those teams and he was seventh in the B&F, and we still aren’t forced into playing Dawson and Heron. Agree the backline looks vulnerable so we really need both Rory and Collins to keep on the park.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I’m trying a bit of reverse psychology on the footy gods. :p
Surely we’re due for a better injury run, and as Jirik13 and RowellAnderson12 demonstrated above, that’s still probably a better side than the ones we fielded in the second half of last season. Miles isn’t listed in either of those teams and he was seventh in the B&F, and we still aren’t forced into playing Dawson and Heron. Agree the backline looks vulnerable so we really need both Rory and Collins to keep on the park.
Ballard and Burgess can play key back, Day can swing back as well. Hombsch to, we just don’t have decent small/medium defenders

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thompson
Collins
Hanley
Ainsworth
Witts
Rankine
Day
King
Hombsch
Anderson
Powell
&
Brodie

Joyce Graham Harbrow
Weller Burgess Ballard
Ellis Swallow Fiorini
Macpherson Corbett Holman
Lukosius Wright Sexton

Smith Greenwood Bowes

Miller Flanders Lemmens Murdoch

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ballard and Burgess can play key back, Day can swing back as well. Hombsch to, we just don’t have decent small/medium defenders
True that. Although we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel if Ballard and Burgess have to play on Hawkins, Lynch, Kennedy, Cameron etc. Really need McLovin to come on, and Dawson to jump up a couple of levels. Budarick might be one but probably not 2020.

Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Missed out on Will Gould by a bees dick!

Our midfield and forward line is pretty stacked for talent now, so from here on the list can focus on the backline. Give us three more years of crafty drafting and we should be strong on each line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Missed out on Will Gould by a bees dick!

Our midfield and forward line is pretty stacked for talent now, so from here on the list can focus on the backline. Give us three more years of crafty drafting and we should be strong on each line.
I prefer Sharp and did before the selection too. Check my posts.

I rate Sharp highly though and he fills a HUGE need.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Excuse the interruption, but as a Gold Coaster and a Suns watcher, it seems you guys are really underrating Touk Miller's presence in your 22. I get that before long he may be overtaken, but has hardly missed a game for you since he debuted (100 out of possible 110); is your VC and still just 23; took out your 2km TT in November; and has valuable leadership for the young blokes - something your side is short in.

He may not be a perfect footballer, but is trending the right way. He aint 'back in the pack' just yet.

At least to start the year, he sits comfortably in any side you put out on the park.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Excuse the interruption, but as a Gold Coaster and a Suns watcher, it seems you guys are really underrating Touk Miller's presence in your 22. I get that before long he may be overtaken, but has hardly missed a game for you since he debuted (100 out of possible 110); is your VC and still just 23; took out your 2km TT in November; and has valuable leadership for the young blokes - something your side is short in.

He may not be a perfect footballer, but is trending the right way. He aint 'back in the pack' just yet.

At least to start the year, he sits comfortably in any side you put out on the park.
Agree. Touk is the first person on our list who would willingly sacrifice his own game for the team and do it well (eg see QClash v Zorko). It’s not always about who can kick best or who gets the most disposals.

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Agree. Touk is the first person on our list who would willingly sacrifice his own game for the team and do it well (eg see QClash v Zorko). It’s not always about who can kick best or who gets the most disposals.
Granted, preseason is usually about hype, which makes picking the untried draftees and new recruits 'sexy'. I'm not a betting man but would put a 20 on Touk being there in R1.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast

is that you MCRATH?

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Granted, preseason is usually about hype, which makes picking the untried draftees and new recruits 'sexy'. I'm not a betting man but would put a 20 on Touk being there in R1.
most best 22's have Rowell, ellis and Greenwood as the only new players.
I reckon they'll be getting a game

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whiting's best 22

B: Jesse Joyce, Rory Thompson, Jack Lukosius
HB: Pearce Hanley, Charlie Ballard, Jarrod Harbrow
C: Brandon Ellis, Jack Bowes, Wil Powell
HF: Darcy Macpherson, Ben King, Ben Ainsworth
F: Izak Rankine, Sam Day, Alex Sexton
Foll: Jarrod Witts, David Swallow, Matt Rowell
I/C: Touk Miller, Brayden Fiorini, Hugh Greenwood, Lachie Weller

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whiting's best 22

Pretty average effort I'd say. No Collins, players out of position (Harbrow on HB flank), Ballard at CHB, Luko stuck in a back pocket and Joyce just for starters. The pre season matches will clarify much of this once the new players are given a chance to perform.....but I know nothing really. Just have to wait and see.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pretty average effort I'd say. No Collins, players out of position (Harbrow on HB flank), Ballard at CHB, Luko stuck in a back pocket and Joyce just for starters. The pre season matches will clarify much of this once the new players are given a chance to perform.....but I know nothing really. Just have to wait and see.
I think he was pretty close to the 22 that most of us have suggested.
He went for Joyce over Collins which is the only really POD.

Whether someone is named on the HBF means squat so wouldn't take any notice of that, more about the makeup of the 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back