Training Jen's training updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure he was there.
Came out with the main group.
Was approached by players (Pendles gave him a hug).
Several taps on the head & behind.
Something personal has happened I assume.
Was warming up with Dunn (kept fumbling the ball), didn’t appear to be focused.
Disappeared soon after.
Not sighted again.

Thanks! I was busy being entranced by Bianco at that point

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im sure he was there.
Came out with the main group.
Was approached by players (Pendles gave him a hug).
Several taps on the head & behind.
Something personal has happened I assume.
Was warming up with Dunn (kept fumbling the ball), didn’t appear to be focused.
Disappeared soon after.
Not sighted again.
Makes sense because as I was leaving the gate by the Yarra side of the oval he was walking back along the path at the rear by the freeway entrance with another guy from the club who's build/appearance looked more 'mental health professional' than 'physical health practitioner' for an elite sporting club. Hope he is in good shape soon enough.

he was walking back along the path at the rear by the freeway entrance with another guy from the club who's build/appearance looked more 'mental health professional' than 'physical health practitioner' for an elite sporting club.
You mean like Davoren's appearance?

Agree has to one of our big hopes because it could make such a difference. Hope he stays injury free and head screwed on

Worth pointing out he returned in great shape for the 2019 pre season and improved his 2K TT impressively from previous seasons. For mine he was tracking well, played the intraclub at Olympic park and looked good but was injured. Disappeared for a while with no explanation at the time and rest of the season was no good.

His photo today at training looked excellent and similar again to early last pre season. Hope he has an injury free prep and hits the season full tilt. Given his TOG for most of his games has been 50's and 60's%region a full pre season and attitiude switched on gives him enormous scope. Hope he can do it. Todays photo below

View attachment 788030
The bear looks leaner and fit, primed for a big 2020.

Monday Dec 2nd.

I decided to head off early, just in case they started earlier. You just never know whether they are gonna start early or around 10am, better early than late, I suppose.
We were told the boys would be starting at 10:10, which wasn't too far away.

As the boys started out, a few of us called over Trey Ruscoe and had a chat to him. He was very excited and very nice young man. He didn't mind a chat and was happy to do it. Definitely lots of enthusiasm in this one. Then the one I was waiting for came out, BIANCOOO! I reminded him of how it was just 12 months ago today that he was just training with the boys, and now he is one of them. Coming full circle. He was very Sweet and more to welcome to chat to us. Still pretty surreal to him I would imagine.
Rantall then came out chatting to Bucks, probably thought it was wise to chat to the coach rather than to us, but from what I could see, he was a nice boy, soaking up all the info and direction he was being told.

Players in attendance
De Goey
Grundy
Elliott
Treloar
Pendles
Shaz
Adams
Dunn
Mayne
Browns x 2
Varcoe
Greenwood
reid
Phillips
Sidebottom
Kelly
Thomas
Crisp
Daicos
Roughy
Murphy
Broomhead
Moore
Appleby
Wills
Quaynor
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Lynch
Tohil
Keene
Wilson
Noble
Cox
Mihochek
Madgen

No Beams, WHE, Stevo and Langdon

They all started to warm up, and they then begin the time trial. It was about three laps around the track.

Rantall were neck in neck the entire time, until Rantall put on the speed shoes and got ahead of Phillips just as he rounded by bend to speed home for victory. Between the two of them, everyone else was miles behind.

Randall - 6:04
Phillips - 6:06
Sidebottom: 6:21
Kelly: 6:26
Murphy: 6:29
Wilson: 6:34
Madgen: 6:35
Howe: 6:36
Lynch: 6:37
Tohil: 6:38
Sier: 6:39
Wills:6:44
Roughy: 6:45
Bianco: 6:47
Shaz: 6:48
Elliott: 6:50
Mihochek: 6:51
De Goey: 6:52
Tyler Brown: 6:52
Pendles: 6:53
Thomas: 6:54
Ruscoe: 6:59
Varcoe: 7:03
Cameron: 7:04
Moore: 7:12
Cox: 7:18
Grundy: 7:51

Crisp didn't run the time trial. Neither did anyone else here I didn't mention. trust me, I have video, I have double checked the players.

Next up: They did rotations which involved taking the game on, handballs and ground balls. They were in a few separate groups of about 5 or 6 (I have videos I will upload later after my work christmas party), and rotated through the different groups across the group.

There was drills, and then two versions of a match sim on the AAMI park side of the ground. Again, with Kelly playing on Howe, they are playing him forward.

Coaches seem to be impressed with Murphy's work.

FYI: In terms of Wilson, he now has a footballer's body. Seems he has done some work on it over the last 6 months or so. His shoulders and arms. I think he will be a lot more involved in 2020.

I know I put Maynard down as present, but now I'm not sure if i saw him, or whether I went on people around me and how they were talking about him.

Work Christmas party!? I thought your job was to report to the people of BigFooty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree has to one of our big hopes because it could make such a difference. Hope he stays injury free and head screwed on

Worth pointing out he returned in great shape for the 2019 pre season and improved his 2K TT impressively from previous seasons. For mine he was tracking well, played the intraclub at Olympic park and looked good but was injured. Disappeared for a while with no explanation at the time and rest of the season was no good.

His photo today at training looked excellent and similar again to early last pre season. Hope he has an injury free prep and hits the season full tilt. Given his TOG for most of his games has been 50's and 60's%region a full pre season and attitiude switched on gives him enormous scope. Hope he can do it. Todays photo below

View attachment 788030

I think his tank is only part of the reason he's getting limited game time. The other more critical aspect is his lack of positional flexibility.

I think his tank is only part of the reason he's getting limited game time. The other more critical aspect is his lack of positional flexibility.
Centre square or nothing I assume. Hopefully that changes also with a better tank. He has scope to rest down forward every now and then I reckon.

Centre square or nothing I assume. Hopefully that changes also with a better tank. He has scope to rest down forward every now and then I reckon.

I think it'll change as he moves up the midfield pecking order and becomes more entrenched in the primary rotation. We saw him getting more time off a wing this year so that's a start in building some positional flexibility.

Yeah, I remember people saying that last year. It's wait and see for me.
There is no doubt that was true of the last pre season. He did his thai boxing stint in the off season and photos from early last pre season show him looking much like yesterdays photo. He then made a major improvement in the 2K TT from previous seasons.

I thought he looked great and played well in the pre season intraclub but disappeared off the scene for a month after that with no real explanation of what injury he had. From there things clearly went downhill

Good news is he appears fit at the start of pre season and has his best 2K TT time yesterday by 8sec from last year. Key now is dont get injured and keep working. Big rewards are possible

No Stevo or Beams on the training track again. That’s Monday and now Wednesday that Stevo has being absent from the track. Hopefully he will be there on Friday when I go.

Pre-season Training: Dec 4th.

Players in attendance (in some form)
De Goey
Quaynor
Grundy
Elliott
Browns x 2
Daicos
Grundy
Treloar
Langdon
Noble
Pendles
Shaz
Adams
Cameron
Dunn
Mayne
Varcoe
Greenwood
Reid
Phillips
Sidebottom
Roughy
Thomas
Crisp
Kelly
Murphy
Broomhead
Moore
Appleby
WHE
Wills
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Atu
Mihochek
Lynch
Madgen
Tohil
Keene
Rantall
Ruscoe
Bianco

Only ones missing is Beams and Stevo.

First ones out was Roughy, Treloar, Reid, Daics, Greenwood. Then the rest of the squad began trailing out. It seems we have a rehab group persisting of -- and they didn't participate with the main group with match sim (Treloar, Reid, Daicos, Greenwood, Quaynor) Treloar asked a trainer "We doing rehab today?". I'm not sure why he is in the group.

Once everyone warmed up, they split into rotations, then started off with the match sim. Again, those rehab players didn't participate. Dunn was on the stationary bike, along with Broomhead who came out and joined him.
Langdon made an appearance, and went over the boys when they were on a break from the match sim, to listen to the coaches.

Then once that was done, Half the group went inside, and the ones remaining separated in two groups and did some more work. Followed by some stoppages drills with the younger players.
Bianco was with Grundy, Mayne and Shaz. Ruscoe was with Cox. I don't recall where Rantall was.

Light session, not surprising not a lot was done.

There are probably some things I'm missing. I got some videos I will put up.

Pre-season Training: Dec 4th.

Players in attendance (in some form)
De Goey
Quaynor
Grundy
Elliott
Browns x 2
Daicos
Grundy
Treloar
Langdon
Noble
Pendles
Shaz
Adams
Cameron
Dunn
Mayne
Varcoe
Greenwood
Reid
Phillips
Sidebottom
Roughy
Thomas
Crisp
Kelly
Murphy
Broomhead
Moore
Appleby
WHE
Wills
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Atu
Mihochek
Lynch
Madgen
Tohil
Keene
Rantall
Ruscoe
Bianco

Only ones missing is Beams and Stevo.

First ones out was Roughy, Treloar, Reid, Daics, Greenwood. Then the rest of the squad began trailing out. It seems we have a rehab group persisting of -- and they didn't participate with the main group with match sim (Treloar, Reid, Daicos, Greenwood, Quaynor) Treloar asked a trainer "We doing rehab today?". I'm not sure why he is in the group.

Once everyone warmed up, they split into rotations, then started off with the match sim. Again, those rehab players didn't participate. Dunn was on the stationary bike, along with Broomhead who came out and joined him.
Langdon made an appearance, and went over the boys when they were on a break from the match sim, to listen to the coaches.

Then once that was done, Half the group went inside, and the ones remaining separated in two groups and did some more work. Followed by some stoppages drills with the younger players.
Bianco was with Grundy, Mayne and Shaz. Ruscoe was with Cox. I don't recall where Rantall was.

Light session, not surprising not a lot was done.

There are probably some things I'm missing. I got some videos I will put up.

Glad to hear Maynard was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back