Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Working out who is going to go at pick 4 5 and 6 is a completely different game to working out who will go at pick 42 43 44...

Moving up doesn't mean we had any info on what Richmond wanted, we could've just gotten scared. If Richmond wanted Bianco so much they wouldn't of traded the pick out.
I think the suggestion isn't that Richmond were going to pick him, it was the fear that some other club would trade with Richmond for that pick and gazzump us before we had ours. It seems that we had wind of this and beat said club to it.

Working out who is going to go at pick 4 5 and 6 is a completely different game to working out who will go at pick 42 43 44...

Moving up doesn't mean we had any info on what Richmond wanted, we could've just gotten scared. If Richmond wanted Bianco so much they wouldn't of traded the pick out.
The rumour is that WCE wanted Bianco and Richmond were obviously willing to trade the pick, so we had to outpay them. I'm certainly not suggesting that anything is certain, but if the whole football world knew that Melbourne were going to draft Luke Jackson - despite many other clubs rating others higher, I don't see why you are so certain that Collingwood wouldn't have a general idea about which clubs were interested in Bianco.

The rumour is that WCE wanted Bianco and Richmond were obviously willing to trade the pick, so we had to outpay them. I'm certainly not suggesting that anything is certain, but if the whole football world knew that Melbourne were going to draft Luke Jackson - despite many other clubs rating others higher, I don't see why you are so certain that Collingwood wouldn't have a general idea about which clubs were interested in Bianco.
You’re spot on.
there is no certainty but there is a good working knowledge of the machinations.
that simple.

Those 2 things are completely incomparable. Melbourne knew who GC were going to take pick 1 and 2 so they didn't need to keep a secret who they were taking at 3 because no one else could touch him. When you have a kid sliding past pick 40 there's 17 clubs who could snatch him out of the blue at any pick, it's just not even remotely possible to know how much 17 other clubs rate each kid. Either Collingwood took a massive gamble on our future, or they simply took their #1 guy with their 1st pick and #2 guy with the next one... I know which I'd put my money on.

Those 2 things are completely incomparable. Melbourne knew who GC were going to take pick 1 and 2 so they didn't need to keep a secret who they were taking at 3 because no one else could touch him. When you have a kid sliding past pick 40 there's 17 clubs who could snatch him out of the blue at any pick, it's just not even remotely possible to know how much 17 other clubs rate each kid. Either Collingwood took a massive gamble on our future, or they simply took their #1 guy with their 1st pick and #2 guy with the next one... I know which I'd put my money on.
If you rate them very similarly and well above everyone else, it wouldn't be a massive gamble at all. With two picks so close together, it'd be prudent to select based on best chance of getting both.

Probably the best shot out of our 3 draftees to play round 1.

Seems like a Kade Simpson type, rebounding half back with strong kicking skills but only decent pace.

Wouldn't mind slotting him at half back.

FB: Brayden Maynard ~ Jordan Roughhead ~ Jeremy Howe
HB: Jack Crisp ~ Darcy Moore ~ Trent Bianco
Int: Tom Langdon

Just google Bianco & Mick Gatto and the link becomes very clear, i dont think its a secret that Trents uncle Frank was a key associate of Mick.
Big Nick situation? Or just holidaying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bianco will play round 1 I suspect. He will be our other winger and he is a beautiful kick too so it will be nice to have a wingman that knows how to kick (at least on one wing). He might also spend some time off HB but out of all three recruits, I expect Bianco to debut round 1 and make a name for himself.

He fills a need and he is ready.

I am excited about the other two we drafted as well. We absolutely nailed this draft!

Bianco will play round 1 I suspect. He will be our other winger and he is a beautiful kick too so it will be nice to have a wingman that knows how to kick (at least on one wing). He might also spend some time off HB but out of all three recruits, I expect Bianco to debut round 1 and make a name for himself.

He fills a need and he is ready.

I am excited about the other two we drafted as well. We absolutely nailed this draft!
I see Rantall walking in with his tank, ripper draft with what we had to work with.

Dusty's connections to shady characters are more acute than Bianco's. Don't think it really matters does it.
Not saying it does, just questioned if it had an influence on his draft position... Right now no one could question the kids character , he was chosen as captain of the team that won the TAC cup gf..

Not saying it does, just questioned if it had an influence on his draft position... Right now no one could question the kids character , he was chosen as captain of the team that won the TAC cup gf..
Well it's right up there with Elvis sightings and Bigfoot but what the hell, it's BF.

Just google Bianco & Mick Gatto and the link becomes very clear, i dont think its a secret that Trents uncle Frank was a key associate of Mick.

So how does this work, Frank Bianco had a boxing gym and died in 2014. Brother of Trent's dad Frankie who runs Lazy Moes?

Might go into Lazy Moes and ask for a sleep with the fish special.

Got a link? I can't seem to see it on the site yet. I can see the other two.
Me either?

need a link.

jen maybe were not in the inner sanctum ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back